1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Vectors

Vectors Prince

When Global Warming Strikes could we please have it happen in phases? Seeing the grassland cow on a river by Montreal flip to desert is rather jarring. Perhaps it would make sense for grassland to flip to plains, and plains are what flip to desert, mostly in places by desert. This way global warming is represented by food losses in grasslands, and then expanding deserts. Could also get events where forests burn down, just see the crazy stuff that has happened recently in Ontario and California

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

When you sack a city a non-state religion can already be removed.

Oblivionyx and bluepotato like this.
  3. Enyavar

Enyavar Prince

Can the option to build distilleries be removed in cities that wouldn't profit from them (e.g. no rice/wine/wheat/sugar in the BFC) ?

I find it rather confusing to have distilleries always show up in the building options, especially since the BUG yield calculator doesn't show how much currency the distillery would actually yield. In a city with rice+wheat, it shows me the same like everywhere else: "you gain one unhealthiness by building this".

trevor, Oblivionyx, Leoreth and 3 others like this.
  4. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Since Heavy Galleys upgrade to Galleasses, shouldn't Gunpowder make Heavy Galleys go obsolete?
    And do Mangudais upgrade to Pistoliers? Cause they seem to have better stats than Pistoliers.
    Mangudai: 8 strength / 70 hammer cost / 3 movement points / +50% open terrain attack / 30% withdraw chance
    Pistolier: 8 strength / 80 hammer cost / 2 movement points / +25% open terrain attack / 40% withdraw chance

Leoreth likes this.
  5. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

In Sword of islam soldier units can do that too after a city gets conquered. Religious persecutor appears too late for removing religions, you're basically just stuck with religions you may not want appearing in your city till you discover Doctrine.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

To repeat myself, sacking a city can already remove non-state religions.

Unit obsoletion is never based on known technologies. A unit goes obsolete when all possible upgrades are available. I think for Heavy Galleys it's that they can also upgrade to Caravels.

JHLee and 1SDAN like this.
  7. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Can we have a entry on Civilopedia that shows all the Pagan Religions,
    the civs that follows them (e.g. Eng, Fra - Druidisim, Jap - Shinto) and their specific Religious Victory conditions?

Imp. Knoedel, bluepotato and 1SDAN like this.
  8. Force44

Force44 Prince

Request for additional population stability through cottages in the core area.

I really like the way stability works in DoC. I think its (perceived) clarity is a huge improvement over the original implementation.
    There is one bone I have to pick with it though.
    Farms and windmills are the way to go in your core cities because they allow for more cities outside of your core through an increased core population.
    This leaves the historical and peripheral areas for hamlets (stability trough economy)
    And foreign and foreign core areas for workshops (because this improvent actually reduces populationpotential)

The effect of this on (my) late game is that the core of my civilization looks the most backwards of my entire empire.

Could cities (and perhaps to a lesser extent villages and hamlets) also give a population bonus in your core?

Leoreth likes this.
  9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Villages and Towns already count as additional population in the core. (only if they are worked though)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  10. JHLee

JHLee Prince

I don't know how exactly culture calculations work,
    but can we make it easier to culturally flip independent tiles/cities
    so that players can have more space without conquering/razing independent cities?

Also, how many turns does it takes to be able to return a city you have conquered?
    If I am playing as, say, France, and I have vassalized Prussia after conquering Frankfurt and Hamburg,
    shouldn't I be able to return those cities right away?
    Perhaps the rule could be made different for core/historical cities of vassals and Defensive Pact partners?

1SDAN, Imp. Knoedel and Leoreth like this.
  11. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Can you show me a save with that situation so I can see how the code behaves?

12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Are the cities in disorder? Cities cannot be traded in disorder. IIRC this was done to prevent trading cities that are being razed.

Also, the tooltip of Villages and Towns should probably say something like "Increases Stability when worked by Core Cities". The same could be said of Civic Era and Religion Stability, but I'm not really sure how that could be done without cluttering up already stuffed tooltips.

JHLee and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  13. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Not just cities that are being razed, also recently conquered cities in general. When a city that is being razed changes owner the razing is stopped anyway.

14. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I mean, both recently conquered cities and razed cities are generally in disorder. Unless you mean that "recently conquered" extends past the time in disorder. Does it?

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I'm just saying the intent goes beyond cities that are being razed.

16. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

Can 'rare earths' be included as a resource ? Don't know if this has already been discussed.

17. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

There will be in the big map, but that's a ways away.

18. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Is it intended that Firelancers have 1 less STR then Arquebusiers?

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Yes.

1SDAN and JHLee like this.
  20. JHLee

JHLee Prince

I saw that Steb had updated the GP names for Korea,
    I did a bit more work on that.
    Uploading the zipped file cause forum won't let me upload python files.
    Also I am planning to have a look into the Dynamic City / Civ names for Korea as well,
    which files should I fix?

Attached Files:

Steb likes this.