Suggestions and Requests

When Global Warming Strikes could we please have it happen in phases? Seeing the grassland cow on a river by Montreal flip to desert is rather jarring. Perhaps it would make sense for grassland to flip to plains, and plains are what flip to desert, mostly in places by desert. This way global warming is represented by food losses in grasslands, and then expanding deserts. Could also get events where forests burn down, just see the crazy stuff that has happened recently in Ontario and California

When you sack a city a non-state religion can already be removed.

Can the option to build distilleries be removed in cities that wouldn't profit from them (e.g. no rice/wine/wheat/sugar in the BFC) ?

I find it rather confusing to have distilleries always show up in the building options, especially since the BUG yield calculator doesn't show how much currency the distillery would actually yield. In a city with rice+wheat, it shows me the same like everywhere else: "you gain one unhealthiness by building this".

Since Heavy Galleys upgrade to Galleasses, shouldn't Gunpowder make Heavy Galleys go obsolete?
And do Mangudais upgrade to Pistoliers? Cause they seem to have better stats than Pistoliers.
Mangudai: 8 strength / 70 hammer cost / 3 movement points / +50% open terrain attack / 30% withdraw chance
Pistolier: 8 strength / 80 hammer cost / 2 movement points / +25% open terrain attack / 40% withdraw chance

In Sword of islam soldier units can do that too after a city gets conquered. Religious persecutor appears too late for removing religions, you're basically just stuck with religions you may not want appearing in your city till you discover Doctrine.

To repeat myself, sacking a city can already remove non-state religions.

Since Heavy Galleys upgrade to Galleasses, shouldn't Gunpowder make Heavy Galleys go obsolete?
Unit obsoletion is never based on known technologies. A unit goes obsolete when all possible upgrades are available. I think for Heavy Galleys it's that they can also upgrade to Caravels.

Request for additional population stability through cottages in the core area.

I really like the way stability works in DoC. I think its (perceived) clarity is a huge improvement over the original implementation.
There is one bone I have to pick with it though.
Farms and windmills are the way to go in your core cities because they allow for more cities outside of your core through an increased core population.
This leaves the historical and peripheral areas for hamlets (stability trough economy)
And foreign and foreign core areas for workshops (because this improvent actually reduces populationpotential)

The effect of this on (my) late game is that the core of my civilization looks the most backwards of my entire empire.

Could cities (and perhaps to a lesser extent villages and hamlets) also give a population bonus in your core?

Villages and Towns already count as additional population in the core. (only if they are worked though)

Last edited:
I don't know how exactly culture calculations work,
but can we make it easier to culturally flip independent tiles/cities
so that players can have more space without conquering/razing independent cities?

Also, how many turns does it takes to be able to return a city you have conquered?
If I am playing as, say, France, and I have vassalized Prussia after conquering Frankfurt and Hamburg,
shouldn't I be able to return those cities right away?
Perhaps the rule could be made different for core/historical cities of vassals and Defensive Pact partners?

Can you show me a save with that situation so I can see how the code behaves?

I don't know how exactly culture calculations work,
but can we make it easier to culturally flip independent tiles/cities
so that players can have more space without conquering/razing independent cities?

Also, how many turns does it takes to be able to return a city you have conquered?
If I am playing as, say, France, and I have vassalized Prussia after conquering Frankfurt and Hamburg,
shouldn't I be able to return those cities right away?
Perhaps the rule could be made different for core/historical cities of vassals and Defensive Pact partners?
Are the cities in disorder? Cities cannot be traded in disorder. IIRC this was done to prevent trading cities that are being razed.

Also, the tooltip of Villages and Towns should probably say something like "Increases Stability when worked by Core Cities". The same could be said of Civic Era and Religion Stability, but I'm not really sure how that could be done without cluttering up already stuffed tooltips.

Not just cities that are being razed, also recently conquered cities in general. When a city that is being razed changes owner the razing is stopped anyway.

Not just cities that are being razed, also recently conquered cities in general. When a city that is being razed changes owner the razing is stopped anyway.
I mean, both recently conquered cities and razed cities are generally in disorder. Unless you mean that "recently conquered" extends past the time in disorder. Does it?

I'm just saying the intent goes beyond cities that are being razed.

Yes.

I saw that Steb had updated the GP names for Korea,
I did a bit more work on that.
Uploading the zipped file cause forum won't let me upload python files.
Also I am planning to have a look into the Dynamic City / Civ names for Korea as well,
which files should I fix?

Attachments

• GreatPeople.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom