Suggestions and Requests

- Riverside Tundra should be settleable. Reason: the deer near Irkutsk is currently unworkable by any settleable city; Russia currently isn't able to control it's full territory.

- The Alaska oil should be moved in Anchorage's range. Reason: there is no viable city aside from Anchorage in the area.

- Riverside Tundra should be settleable. Reason: the deer near Irkutsk is currently unworkable by any settleable city; Russia currently isn't able to control it's full territory.

- The Alaska oil should be moved in Anchorage's range. Reason: there is no viable city aside from Anchorage in the area.

Riverside tundra cities would make the AI build stupid cities. Why not just move the Russian resources? Personally, I think a lot of changes should be made in Russia to prevent the 50 worthless Siberian coastline cities with 1 pop.

I support moving the oil to within Anchorage's third ring.

Two minor suggestions:

As the AI rarely settles Brest (in 600 AD-start at least) add it to the starting map.

Brittany could be historical area for France (so it would not auto-flip to France at start) and England and would become french core once France reaches Renaissance, if it is in French hands.

Amsterdam (or another city on that tile) could spawn earlier or even be part of the 600 AD setup. The region was an important economic center before the dutch rebelled against the spanish as part of the HRE.
(Could auto-flip when the dutch spawn without chance to fight them as with the mughals capital in India.)

I like the Brittany idea. However, I think Brittany should always stay historical. My reasoning is that France has one of the most populated cores in the game, and because of that gets insane stability even though they need to worry about only Quebec, New Orleans, low populated parts of Africa, and disease-ridden Vietnam. Britain on the other hand has just as much population stability, but they have a myriad more colonies to settle.

Riverside tundra cities would make the AI build stupid cities. Why not just move the Russian resources? Personally, I think a lot of changes should be made in Russia to prevent the 50 worthless Siberian coastline cities with 1 pop.

I support moving the oil to within Anchorage's third ring.

That's more a problem with the AI, isn't it? Why shouldn't you be able to settle riverside tundra if you can settle desert next to fresh water? I think that's inconsistent.

Wainright (or whatever its name is, on the northern coast of Alaska) is a perfectly fine city for America.

AIs sometimes consider minor civs(Independents) to be their friends, which leads to negative attitude modifiers when you declare war on the Indies. This shouldn't happen and I suppose it can be easily fixed by a initial negative attitude modifier against the minor civs.

Just cover the northern coast of Eurasia from Archangelsk to the East onwards with ice, with the possible exception of one or two locations.

Wainright (or whatever its name is, on the northern coast of Alaska) is a perfectly fine city for America.

'Perfectly fine' as in 'one workable tile and some coast'? :rolleyes:

Could you either add the help tag to Terrain and projects or add these tags via dll like persecution is done.
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_TERRAIN_OCEAN_HELP</Tag>
		<English>[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Movement Cost: 1/2[ICON_MOVES]</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROJECT_SS_ENGINE_HELP</Tag>
		<English>[ICON_BULLET]Increases the speed of the spaceship</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROJECT_SS_THRUSTERS_HELP</Tag>
		<English>[ICON_BULLET]Increases the speed of the spaceship</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
	<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROJECT_SS_CASING_HELP</Tag>
		<English>[ICON_BULLET]Increases the chance of a successful mission</English>
	</TEXT>

AIs sometimes consider minor civs(Independents) to be their friends, which leads to negative attitude modifiers when you declare war on the Indies. This shouldn't happen and I suppose it can be easily fixed by a initial negative attitude modifier against the minor civs.

Why shouldnt this happen? In CiV this is even changed into game mechanics.

Two things.

Firstly, now it is fairly certain that there will be no new civs for a while, are there any plans to make varietas delectat SVN-compatible? I love the art... but I love SVN more.

Secondly, and maybe this is impossible, but I find it really strange how the map updates windmills but not other improvements upon reaching the modern era... is there any way to make the other improvements look more modern too (like maybe factoryising workshops and watermills?)

Because the Independents are not an entity. Furthermore, since diplomacy is disabled for minor civs, and being in a common war against them does not give a attitude bonus, I don't see why declaring war on them would give a attitude penalty.

Ever thought about giving a free Settler upon razing a city? I just made a Python script for that, which actually works (what an achievement :p).

Amsterdam (or another city on that tile) could spawn earlier or even be part of the 600 AD setup. The region was an important economic center before the dutch rebelled against the spanish as part of the HRE.
(Could auto-flip when the dutch spawn without chance to fight them as with the mughals capital in India.)

I tried this myself before, France usually tries to invade it. Even if it's heavily defended they will usually throw a large number of troops at it at some point.

Two things.

Firstly, now it is fairly certain that there will be no new civs for a while, are there any plans to make varietas delectat SVN-compatible? I love the art... but I love SVN more.
Have you tried it? I think I have updated the module after adding Polynesia so that there at least won't be any loading problems or crashes.

Secondly, and maybe this is impossible, but I find it really strange how the map updates windmills but not other improvements upon reaching the modern era... is there any way to make the other improvements look more modern too (like maybe factoryising workshops and watermills?)
Actually I think VD already does something like this. If so porting a generic improvement graphic for later eras to the main mod could work. Otherwise I'm constrained to what graphics exist in the database. If you find anything let me know.

Because the Independents are not an entity. Furthermore, since diplomacy is disabled for minor civs, and being in a common war against them does not give a attitude bonus, I don't see why declaring war on them would give a attitude penalty.
I agree.

Ever thought about giving a free Settler upon razing a city? I just made a Python script for that, which actually works (what an achievement :p).
Congrats, but razing really isn't anything I want to reward in any way.

Congrats, but razing really isn't anything I want to reward in any way.

Fair enough, but it's now got me thinking. A Settler is way too strong, but what about a Slave for civs running slavery? Seems to make more sense than the population willingly wandering off to found a new city for you, and would fit well in the Ancient/Classical eras particularly. Also means you could see the ancient wonders being built using slave labour, etc.

The Slave unit is meant to represent the Transatlantic slave trade (and Aztec slavery as per their UP), not other types of Slavery for which I think the civic is accurate representation in itself.

Yeah, that is true, I only made it because the AI settling cities in wrong spots annoys me.

On that note, how about vastly (with 25%, or even 50%) increasing the chance for buildings to remain in cities upon capture?

Top Bottom