[GS] Sweden Discussion Thread

I mean I get that, I just don't understand what your yardstick is for declaring them 'overpowered'. In what context?
There's this early game CV strategy that Sweden should make even more potent.
Spoiler Early game CV strategy :
Boyan Sun.jpg

Spoiler Sweden Tourism Double for Early CV :
SwedenTheming.jpg

And then there's the mid and late game where their bonuses start to shine for the more standardized form of game play. Taken in their aggregate, I feel the bonuses are OP. The UI that provides tourism for instance added to the theming culture double will get to T3 and T4 governments quick. Also leads you to International Space Station (+10% science per suzerain).

Disclaimer: Any comments are generally more applicable (but not strictly limited to) large and very large maps, deity level, habitual warmongering, moderate finish times, standard (or slower) game speeds, and a build oriented, non-project, somewhat relaxed playstyle. The games I tend to enjoy playing.

There's also a T3 Gov Plaza building that provides a similar benefit (4 generic slots for art).

Just realized that you can put National History Museum in the same city- and of course Reyna (though this promotion is moving to Pingala), the tourism yield from this one city will be insane. You could possibly get a cultural victory from one city alone on lower levels.

Is there any indication of more great people being added in GS? I like playing with higher numbers of civs, and it seems that by the renaissance, we're often chasing modern great people, especially when certain civs are in the game. If the great people also become rewards, that will make the situation even worse.

Is there any indication of more great people? I like playing with higher numbers of civs, and it seems that by the renaissance, we're often chasing modern great people, especially when certain civs are in the game. If the great people also become rewards, that will make the situation even worse.

You would think there would be more, the way the Nobel Prize competition spits them out like skeeball tickets.

Have you seen concept art at all? I am refering to the 3D model, which isn't often accurate enough to the concept art.

All I am saying is that some leaders look a lot more interesting and neat than others. No insinuation indended :)

Sorry for jumping the gun! Because of all the nasty comments I've seen about Kristina I immediately got defensive. :) I'd say there would be different animators and 3d artists who'd probably put their hands up to do characters they're most excited to work on, the enthusiasm definitely comes out in some leaders more than others.

You would think there would be more, the way the Nobel Prize competition spits them out like skeeball tickets.

Wow, on a maxed on huge map with 20 players, that means at least 10 great artists and 5 great engineers awarded from the competition. And that's not even considering modded out maps.

From the wording, I believe that they can theme relics in wonders?

If people still remember the Kongo reliquaries bug (which gave 1000+ fpt off 5 relics due to theming in the palace) then chances are you could go relicquaries with them and do the same thing.

Just realized that you can put National History Museum in the same city- and of course Reyna (though this promotion is moving to Pingala), the tourism yield from this one city will be insane. You could possibly get a cultural victory from one city alone on lower levels.

It's quite convenient that that promo moves to Pingala, because now you have both double Great People Points and double tourism on the same governor. And both science per pop and culture per pop. Spamming every wonder that has 2 or more slots plus the Oracle in a virtual one city challenge might be a strategy if you have a nice starting location.

Don't worry I still think Sweden will found Protestantism as their default in game. She never outwardly converted to Roman Catholicism until she abdicated her throne.
Yes, but the fact that she converted suggests she wasn't a very good Protestant. :p We're a bit lacking in the devout Protestant department, and Sweden was kinda the obvious choice for that. :p

As for her appearance, it's interesting that she looks better than that leaked Eleanor picture where she was right beside her. I hope they change her before she releases.
I hope they've changed Eleanor. She looked like Barbie in the leaked screenshot. Which I guess would match our resident melted Ken Doll, Alexander. :p

i have a feeling that Brazil and Sweden are not going to get along
I have a feeling that Dom Satan doesn't get along with anyone. That feeling is backed by experience. :p

That Kristina is as bad as Carmen Sandiego.
Now I wish she were wearing a red trenchcoat and fedora. "Avez-vous vu une femme en rouge?" :mischief:

Also, Hermitage is finally worth building.
I always build it because it's more convenient than building Art Museums. :p

Ironically i can see a multiplayer game with Sweden teaming up with Russia for CV pairing.

I wish the agendas more informed AI goals and behavior than dictate their diplomacy.

I think it works a bit for the warmongerers (Alexander, Montezuma, Genghis, Harald), but in a bit of an indirect way that I'm not sure was intentional.

Yes, but the fact that she converted suggests she wasn't a very good Protestant. :p We're a bit lacking in the devout Protestant department, and Sweden was kinda the obvious choice for that. :p

It seems they keep picking Catholics after the Reformation. Ed does love the wars of religion, but he seems to be picking one side.

It seems they keep picking Catholics after the Reformation. Ed does love the wars of religion, but he seems to be picking one side.

Not to derail the thread with an off topic discussion but this seems false. Teddy, Vicky, Curtin and Wilhelmina all seem like Protestant leaders to me - the post-Reformation Catholics are Catherine, Philip and Pedro (and potentially the leader of Canada).

Firaxis really bringing it this expansion .

Inca, Sweden, Maori, Musa I can easily see myself wanting to play often. R&F didn't bring the oomph, in this regard, for me anyway . YMMV and that's what makes Civ so great.

i wonder who is the best culture so far Sweden or Maori?

I hate to think what you're insinuating, but yes, there seem to be several character concept artists that have worked on the game.

I absolutely love Kristina's design, for so long the majority of women in strategy games seemed to be either sex objects or Elizabeth I, so I'm really happy to see the team embrace the same exaggeration and character that they give the male leaders in Civ VI.

Gonna have trouble deciding whether to play as Sweden, Maori or Mali first...
To be fair there's like no eye candy women in the game at the moment while there's like... At least 4 men that serve that purpose more or less. Honestly I don't like that they made a leader like Amanitore obese, while they could've made her slightly overweight but still attractive. But that's just preference, I suppose.

Top Bottom