Sweden

Well I've been working on an improved promotion for a bit for the Carolean anyways. Might as well share:
Really hammers home their offensive capabilities.
Now that looks really fun. Might actually play Sweden for once now... Makes me wonder how much AOE can change up combat.

Well I've been working on an improved promotion for a bit for the Carolean anyways. Might as well share:

Really hammers home their offensive capabilities.
Not sure how useful that would actually be without testing it out, but it could be fun.

So what about generals spawning in peacetime? Shouldn't they also provide experience if they don't do that already?

Not sure how useful that would actually be without testing it out, but it could be fun.

So what about generals spawning in peacetime? Shouldn't they also provide experience if they don't do that already?

I'm going to revert that too, make it so that any GG spawn grants 15xp. Not just wartime GGs.

That + this new promotion should help Sweden have more of a defined role.

I'm going to revert that too, make it so that any GG spawn grants 15xp. Not just wartime GGs.

That + this new promotion should help Sweden have more of a defined role.
Sounds cool, let's see how it works out.

Sounds cool, let's see how it works out.

See my point re: Zulu. I'd like to move the GG % bonus over to Sweden to really streamline that, but the Zulu need something new.

- Leave Sweden at +10XP
- Grant +10% GG power from GG Auras
- Give Zulu new second UA element.

See my point re: Zulu. I'd like to move the GG % bonus over to Sweden to really streamline that, but the Zulu need something new.

- Leave Sweden at +10XP
- Grant +10% GG power from GG Auras
- Give Zulu new second UA element.
Could really stand to take things slower, do one thing at the time. But the GG bonus does make more sense for Sweden.

How's new sweden?
Less interesting to try out than China/Brazil so far :D.
Nah I just don't have the feel to try them out right now, just like I don't feel like trying the Zulu out, they're both so far out of my comfortzone that I would never play them unless I got them when randoming.

How's new sweden?

I've played it and Sweden seems fine to me.+15% CS when melee attacking, +10% CS with GG and all's good. Your main fighting force with the GG is quite strong and holds its own, especially once Carebears come out. The GG +10XP/heal still seems to be quite a weird thing but it's a decent sidedish strengthening the other parts. It's definitely a good idea to sometimes check GG progress and if his arrival is very close, recklessly melee attack cities knowing they'll just completely heal during your turn. That's a cool mechanic, though one that's pretty hard to get used to.

I'll get to Sweden, but first I need to test China, Zulu and Assyria some more. Problems from updates being too interesting.

We can add Sweden to the DV pool:

Attachments

• 20170213201540_1.jpg
    20170213201540_1.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 222
I've played it and Sweden seems fine to me.+15% CS when melee attacking, +10% CS with GG and all's good. Your main fighting force with the GG is quite strong and holds its own, especially once Carebears come out. The GG +10XP/heal still seems to be quite a weird thing but it's a decent sidedish strengthening the other parts. It's definitely a good idea to sometimes check GG progress and if his arrival is very close, recklessly melee attack cities knowing they'll just completely heal during your turn. That's a cool mechanic, though one that's pretty hard to get used to.
Where can you check Great General progress??

Where can you check Great General progress??

I think it was F3? Or some other functional button. Otherwise, just click the Shield in the top right if I'm wrong about the shortcut button. This screen shows you your units, how many units your empire can have before heavy -Production penalty and, in the bottom right, it shows you Great Admiral and Great Genie progress. You can see how much of it is filled, and if you hover mouse over it, it'll tell you how many points you need to get more. I think it's around 1-1 ratio compared to XP gained by units, so if naval unit hits someone and gets 5XP, your GA progress goes by 5, if some archer hits for 3XP, you get 3 GG points (excluding Great Generals generation UU promos/UBs), etc.

I feel that sweden could use a small non-combat strength bonus gain from the UA, since most domination oriented civs have one (japan, assyria, france ...ect), i was thinking of a small science per kill that could give them some edge in the early game (they are late bloomers in my opinion).

Top Bottom