Talisman Mafia

I am compelled to vote: Verarde.

Yo folks, this is a "day 1 someone can be lynched" game if you haven't noticed.

The person with the most votes will be lynched! (Unless No Lynch has the most votes.)
Vote for the Lynch choice OR No Lynch in Bold.!​

So remind me please, are the odds better for town to random lynch or to skip the day and start day 2 with information? If it's the latter, I think some vote changes may be in order.

For now, I Vote: No Lynch to keep that option open.

While Day 1 votes usually don’t provide much, if any, information regardless of whether or not someone can be lynched on day 1, I’ll go along with this. unvote; vote: No Lynch

The votes for bestrfcplayer are also misguided. If he truly isn’t playing the game, then he will be WoG’d. He also isn’t likely to be sending in night orders if he is inactive, and therefore not a threat. If he is playing, then let’s give him a chance to post.

:cry:
My first game too.
I'll be nice today...
Vote:No Lynch

I am welcoming you :D

There is tradition on mafia forum on CFC that new player gets a welcoming vote (day one there is no real reason for voting for anyone)

I am welcoming you :D

There is tradition on mafia forum on CFC that new player gets a welcoming vote (day one there is no real reason for voting for anyone)

:lol:

Ah, good point there DaveShack. As much as I would be interested in voting: bestercplayer, I shall unvote; vote: BSmith.

:D

Yo folks, this is a "day 1 someone can be lynched" game if you haven't noticed.

[/CENTER]

So remind me please, are the odds better for town to random lynch or to skip the day and start day 2 with information? If it's the latter, I think some vote changes may be in order.

For now, I Vote: No Lynch to keep that option open.

If we don't lynch, the only info we get is that the dead person killed by the mafia was town. At least, with a lynch, we have a chance of getting mafia. And maybe some info if someone was argued to save... like bestrfcplayer for example.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

BestRFCPlayer has been replaced by Taki. Thank you for your attention.

Herp Derp Me So Stupid! :hammer2:

While Day 1 votes usually don’t provide much, if any, information regardless of whether or not someone can be lynched on day 1, I’ll go along with this. unvote; vote: No Lynch

The votes for bestrfcplayer are also misguided. If he truly isn’t playing the game, then he will be WoG’d. He also isn’t likely to be sending in night orders if he is inactive, and therefore not a threat. If he is playing, then let’s give him a chance to post.

I don't understand your argument. "Day One lynches are meaningless and not useful, so let's just lynch nobody instead of lynching someone who is consistently inactive."

I'm saying give the guy at least a chance to post this game. Come tomorrow if he still hasn't posted, then have at it.

Day 2 is get-down-to-business day, and inactives are only a last resort on get-down-to-business days. Taking a random shot in the dark is more productive than lynching no one. Lynching someone randomly today gives us a 25% chance of hitting scum. Voting No Lynch gives us a 0% chance of hitting scum.

Don't be a mafia Republican, BSmith. Stop playing so conservatively.

Going into Day Two with even numbers is statistically advantageous, anyways (I would link to the page on the mafiascum wiki, but it's down right now).

On another note besides the wonderful lynching talk...
OT:Have you ever played Mafia in RL at 3 AM? :lol:
It's very intriguing :)

vote:choxorn then, just to sow more confusion.

(no, I'm not playing)

Top Bottom