Tancredo: If attacked, bomb Mecca!

It's a crazy idea and a very counter-productive thing to say. This guy is a loon.

But, just for argument's sake, if somehow the terrorists were on a nuking spree across the United States, having hit some targets and aiming for more, then threatning to nuke Mecca and Medina would be a valid approach.

it makes sense if you assume muslim = teh enemy!!!!1111!!11

however the sane people know that bombing meca will just make more terrorists when you anger a billion people. Not to mention choosing civilian targets is a very genocidal thing to do
And not forgetting that people who bomb US might actually be also the enemy of those who live in those areas.

So if terrorist from Iran bomb US, it retaliates against Saudi-Arabia. :crazyeye:

Not that much different from Chiracs statement that France would use nukes in retaliation for a terrorist attack against France. He didnt actually say 'where' those nukes would be used, but I dont think he was referring to French soil.....

Ok, Tancredo! Welcome to the club of crazies along with Ron Paul, and Rudi Guiliani. Who if elected will cause me to imediatel emmigrate or begin an armed revolt...

Fighting ideas with bombs. :rolleyes:

Effectively inviting certain Muslim fanatics (example: those who see the Saudis as traitors already for being friendly to America, those who care more for the spiritual side of the religion than the holy sites, those who think they could prevent or counter the nuclear strike, the list goes on...) to attack the US again in order to gain allies. Not a good idea.

Let's add non-Muslims who will now be incited to dress and act Muslim.

Shall we perhaps suggest that the 11 September attack would "dissuade" Americans? Osama been forgotten Laden did say that there would be more, after all, and we saw what resulted.

"Surrender, or we will kill civilians and radicalize a million men for you." :rolleyes: !

Oh, and this bit isn't much better:
On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would “cause a worldwide economic collapse.”
Noooope. We've had several so far. I see no economic collapse. :p

But, just for argument's sake, if somehow the terrorists were on a nuking spree across the United States, having hit some targets and aiming for more, then threatning to nuke Mecca and Medina would be a valid approach.

Indeed. What better way to let the warhawks on the muslim side how to get the all out war they so desire.

A simple question:

Will It Work?

Given the profile of the fanatical Muslim, it most probably won't. They don't give a rat's arse about their Prophet's law anyway, the very same law they're supposed to be defending. They are the sort that believe that the loss of Mecca would be worth it if it would kill a sufficient number of infidels. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if they were given the option of losing Mecca and in return for that, having every infidel in the world die, they'd have no hesitation in taking it.

We have to face it - we're dealing with a failing religion and a fallen civilisation here. We are dealing with pure irrationality. There is NOTHING that can deter them.

No punishment can be effective, either in material or human terms, because materially, they can't really get any worse off, and in human terms, they believe that they're all going to paradise, and getting killed in a Jihad is a sure way to go there, they they might even justify their actions' fallout in the destruction of Mecca by saying that they have reserved a place for all residents of Mecca in heaven.

And the worst part is, there exists no solution. The only "solution" which passes the "Will It Work" test is one of complete genocide - and I consider that totally unacceptable.

Just mention by a US politician of such an act probably will be used as fuel against us... as if there isn't enough reason already to hate us. What a moron.

aneeshm said:
Given the profile of the fanatical Muslim, it most probably won't.
Of course not since quite probably many of their goals are purely political in nature, religion is just mean, excuse and justification for it.
The actual fanatics don't necessarily care nothing about how many muslims die in conflict.
We have to face it - we're dealing with a failing religion and a fallen civilisation here. We are dealing with pure irrationality. There is NOTHING that can deter them.
Yes, yes.
Bashing continues, nothing new under the sun.

If i were a wierdass fundie muslim cult leader i would LOVE to see Mecca destroyed. Imagine how many non-fundie muslims would rally with me to destroy the evil amercans.

Throught this logic i conclude that Tancredo is a muslim fundie.

On the other side of the coin, I would be royally pissed off it Rome was nuked, not so much for the pope, but just the culture, the buildings, the city itself.

No comment is needed on Tancredo's statements.

Ok, Tancredo! Welcome to the club of crazies along with Ron Paul, and Rudi Guiliani.

So, you put a rational minarcho-capitalist/libertarian like Ron Paul in the same class with pseudo-fascist and potentially genocidal loonies like Rudy and Tancredo... I see.

On the other side of the coin, I would be royally pissed off it Rome was nuked, not so much for the pope, but just the culture, the buildings, the city itself.

I would be really pissed off if Mecca was destroyed for that reason as well...

I would be really pissed off if Mecca was destroyed for that reason as well...

Well, I can at least walk in Rome. I have a Muslim friend that lives in Jeddah and he told me that I am not allowed in Mecca or Medina. :(

He looks as example of person who became exactly same as something what he hate.

Top Bottom