Team Babe Embassy

It's SABER. And I agree that we shouldn't give away quite so much.

Let's not forget - we still need Whomp's goodwill! We can't get out of mobilization without him being willing to go to peace with us. Ticking him off could be a total disaster for us. :ack:

This is true since FREE gave BABE a city. No chance to end the BABE war but just killing the settler now.

For the proposed note I'd leave in the part about going for the SS but leave out the part about us feeling more comfortable about our chances.

Let's not forget - we still need Whomp's goodwill! We can't get out of mobilization without him being willing to go to peace with us. Ticking him off could be a total disaster for us. :ack:
I wanted to say "no, we just need to kill his settler!" - but wait - he has a town somewhere else... :sad:

While diplomatically good for us in our relation to SABER, this town on FREEland might haunt us if we need peace and BABE / FREE have other plans... :dubious:

Do we know where it is? I guess inland... :cringe:

I fail to understand all the secrecy... but I'm happy to modify to try to get consensus. :thumbsup:

Here's version 2:
Dear Whomp,

Yeah - we're happy to keep you in the loop. We trust your discretion on the subject.
And afterall, you're doing us some major favors in this game! Again, thank you. :thanx:

Our plan remains to attempt the space-race win. We've always known this would be tough - but let's face it - we're in a difficult position. :lol:

Hope you enjoy the ride in the meantime. We appreciate you sticking it out for the BABEs.

Best,
General_W, speaking with the voice of The Council

I think this is a far worse letter.
But it's much better than not responding.

Can we get a quick approval to mail this off?

No, I don't like this any better. I don't think we should say anything about our chances. If we say we have good hopes, or if we say we're in a difficult position, both will affect how Whomp will approach the rest of the game. If he thinks our chances to win are slim, he might primarily support FREE if he thinks they have better chances.

I'd put it in more neutral words:
Dear Whomp,

we know you understand the need for a bit of secrecy in these times. Our Department of Victory are a very secretive bunch, and it's hard to get a straight answer from them. But they appear to be talking about some sort of ship, without sails... ;)

We trust your discretion on the subject, of course. Hope you enjoy the ride in the meantime. We appreciate you sticking it out for the BABEs. :thanx:

My version:

Dear Whomp,

Yeah - we're happy to keep you in the loop. We trust your discretion on the subject and we appreciate you sticking it out for the BABEs. :thanx: We've worked towards a space race victory from the start and see no reason to change our course now. We see you have a city in the old GONG lands now. Congratulations! Did that gift come out of the blue or did you actively negotiate for it?

The Council

If we send Niklas' version, we'd better have a backup plan for when Whomp refuses to help us get out of Mobilization. :shake:

Seriously - my fellow councilors - what does being secretive gain us?
Other than annoying Whomp, I really can't see what that does for us. It only makes sense if you think Whomp is blatantly lying - or has suddenly decided to stop helping us and now wants to know the best way to hurt us.
I can't see any reason he'd make that leap. At least, I can't see any reason for him to make that leap until we send him a letter that says "We don't trust you. In fact, we'd like to subtly suggest that we think you're a liar"

I could support Donsig's version... if we can get a consensus around that, maybe?

I think they are all fine.

I don't really see where any one of those is going to piss him off more than the other.

I'll say donsig's version, for now.

Either he is just trying to make trouble for SABER, or he's allying with us (we gave him a lot of help) or he's allying with FREE (I have no idea if they gave him help or not)

I don't see any need to keep our chosen VC secret from Whomp. And I don't see where my letter is going to upset him in any way in that regard. :confused:

That said, I'm fine with donsig's letter. I was just trying to write it in a more "humorous" fashion, and other than that I don't see where they differ in content (except for the part asking about the city in GONG land - good thought).

I agree with Niklas but can also support donsig's variant.

I'm fine with Donsig's and Niklas' version.

But I don't really believe that Whomp will be annoyed to the point of wanting to hurt us if we don't spell out in minute detail precisely our standing in the game. Simply saying that we've been planning on space, and continue to do so, should be enough.

@Niklas - I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. I re-read my post an it sounds a little harsh. Sorry about that! :blush:

I'm just super gun-shy about Whomp (or any BABEs in general) freaking out over what I would otherwise consider to be small things.
It makes me a little hyper-sensitive towards anything that I think might be perceived badly on his end.

I'd like to Propose that Donsig (or some councilor other than me) send the "donsig letter" off to Whomp right away.

Maybe some of my sensitivity comes from being locked in the Deathmatch with Whomp. It may be better coming from another Councilor.

And a reply:

Whomp said:
Hey Donsig and Council,

Your secret is mine. Cross my moderator heart. :D

Good luck with that as it seems like your best option. Saber has those two MA armies so I'd think they're looking for domination. Weird thing is they're keeping at least one of the armies near my mountain stack so who knows.

I did not negotiate the deal with Free. They offered it in hopes of keeping us in the game too. So we're in until the end or you two wipe us out. :D

Should be an interesting finish and hopefully we gave Saber enough of a pain that we knocked them out of contention.

Regards,
W

:thumbsup: looks like we'd don't have too much to worry about from Whomp.
Man... he must really be irritated at Saber! :lol:

News from Whomp:

OK we're off the island and they got 2 more MGLs that turn so they have 4 armies fyi.

Top Bottom