Team Fortress 2 - Favourite class

Read the thread title...

• Total voters

Dell19

Take a break
As there are a few of us that play Team Fortress I'm wondering which class people tend to favour. I imagine that for most people this will change over time as in the past I used to generally favour being an Engineer on the Orange X maps but recently I've been playing on more closed in maps like CTF Fort and using the Pyro a lot.

(I've allowed multiple votes in case people alternate frequently between a couple of different classes)

I play soldier and medic most often because they're easier, although I do enjoy heavy and scout. Scout especially in arena mode.

I voted Scout, Spy and Pyro. I love the Scout for his awesome speed and ability to run rings around the enemy. The Spy is great because I love to fool the enemy and his ability to sap turrets and dispensers is invaluble. Finally, I like the pyro because I'm a real life pyromaniac. :p I simply love making things burn, and the same goes for TF2 guys too.

I still haven't played it long enough to have a proper feel for all the classes, but I'm drawn to the demoman at the moment. Pyro is another one I think I could quite like :)

I still haven't played it long enough to have a proper feel for all the classes, but I'm drawn to the demoman at the moment. Pyro is another one I think I could quite like :)

Personally, I absoloutly hate playing the demoman. I cannot do any good with him at all. Any tips?

Do you like him just because he's Scottish? :mischief:

As far as I can tell the demo man is not meant for direct combat. If the map allows then they are great for flinging bombs over walls rather than having to go past sentries. Sticky bombs are particularly useful when the enemy has to go somewhere although it can be dull waiting.

There are some extreme demomen out there that are just unbelieveably good.

why does the scout have such an uber weapon? Kinda irks me that they can one-shot pyros and demomen

Pyro, it fits me naturally perfectly, its the class I was meant to play, and theirs no class that's anywhere near as satisfying.

I play medic mostly because it's a great way to learn maps. Just follow the heavies.

I also have fun with heavy, engineer and sniper.

Spy, pyro and demoman I don't play.

I voted Soldier, Pyro, Medic and Heavy, as those are the classes I tend to play.

Soldier is my overall favourite class because it's such a good all-rounder.

Ah, the demoman, the class which requires the most skill to make the jump from average to very good, but is incredibly powerful when used by those who have mastered him.

Personally, I'm a Sniper/Medic/Engineer, with traces of Scout (when the point needs capping or there aren't sentries to kill me) and Heavy (when I have a good medic on me)

The demoman is also a class that takes very little skill to cause damage.

Course to do it right you sill need skill, there are several very good demoman players on my fav serv, which causes me no end of grief as an engie.

The two I play as most often are pyro and heavy. I also occasionally play as engineer or demoman depending on the map.

Yeah it really does depend on the map, and section of the map, on PL Badwater I play as a soldier when defending until the point when I change classes around more often. But I am usually a pyro when attacking.

Sniper, spy, pyro, scout. In that order.

Yeah it really does depend on the map, and section of the map, on PL Badwater I play as a soldier when defending until the point when I change classes around more often. But I am usually a pyro when attacking.

On the maps where you either have to defend the intelligence or push the cart around, I'm usually eng/demo, since I find I suck with the other classes on those maps. :ack:

Top Bottom