• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

team pitboss

I think oyzar won't be very displeased with getting his own dogfood. Probably not Rusten either. Munro on the other hand... :p
I'm satisfied :) -- but the starting position is more important. ;)

And I think we're all happy about oyzar not getting de Gaulle. ;)

I am quite confident Munro will be laughing all the way to the bank while the rest of us will be taking it in the can from those barbarians.

It's up! Original post updated with final settings, login details and civstats. Don't forget to password protect your civ!

Current turn timer is set to 72 hours for the first turn only. It'll revert to 48 hours from the next turn onwards...

Have fun and don't forget that this is meant to be a friendly, fun and informal game so please don't double move, exploit the game mechanics, vassal mechanics, city gifting exploits when at war etc etc... (If you're not sure if something's an exploit it probably is just ask. :p)

Lastly, it's a good idea to subscribe to this thread so you can be notified promptly if there are problems or a reload is required etc.. In the event of any problems I will post them here.

Enjoy! ;)

Login details
  • munro-pitboss.no-ip.org:2060
Civstats
Map settings

• Lakes
  • Huge
  • Rocky
  • High sea level
  • Ancient era
  • Normal speed
  • Cylindrical world wrap
  • Standard Resources
  • 16 players
  • Deity difficulty

MP Options
  • Simultaneous turns
  • Take over AI
  • 48h turn timer

Game options
  • Permanent Alliances allowed
  • No Random Events
  • All others set to defaults (including huts on, barbs on, vassal states on, tech trading on)

Our vassals allowed in this game? When I'm getting my butt kicked, I mean when I'm whipping someone, can they become a vassal to me?

Yes, vassal states are on.

Empiremaker, are you using an unofficial patch? You logged in while I'm in there and I'm getting a version warning.

Well all logic are done at the host unlike normal civ so it shouldn't be too much of a problem... If you've installed an unoficial patch you need to delete the whole civ4 folder after you uninstal(and before you reinstal).

I can't say i am unhappy with the leader i got(and unlike some of you i don't think munro got the short end of the stick by getting his own leader). I did a mistake on the very first turn of the game though ;).

I can't say i am unhappy with the leader i got(and unlike some of you i don't think munro got the short end of the stick by getting his own leader). I did a mistake on the very first turn of the game though ;).

I told you disbanding your settler is suboptimal!

0.056930969355418 5. RRRaskolnikov 17. * Julius Caesar

Gaius... :evil:
@Niklas: I am pleased to hear that... That's already one less thing to worry about :D
Now I have to wait until tomorrow night to see my starting position :cry:

Cheers

Is this thread going to be a turn tracker or how is this done?
There's no need for a turn tracker in simultaneous mode. Register your email with Civstats, the link Munro provided above, and you will get a mail every time a new turn starts. :)

Well all logic are done at the host unlike normal civ so it shouldn't be too much of a problem... If you've installed an unoficial patch you need to delete the whole civ4 folder after you uninstal(and before you reinstal).

Do I need to do a another reinstall after deleting the folder? Or is it not a problem if the game reads the hosts' files?

Yes, you do. You should uninstall, delete the folder, and reinstall in that order.

Pretty sure deleting my games isn't needed? There aren't any assets in there... And losing all your savegames etc can be a pain...

I'm not at home, so can't check myself, but is there a way to save the different pitboss games so that I don't have to retype in the address everytime I log into a different game?

I looked and couldn't find a way to do it. Does this mean every time I switch between games I have to put in the address/password? Is there some other trick that allows me to save the address/password under a game name?

There is a program for switching easily.. But i just use notepad, it is faster...

Top Bottom