• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

team pitboss

Maybe a stupid question, but this is the first pitboss game I'm in:

Why does the registration password has to be cavreg?

you have a personal pw on civstats, that doesn't have to be cavreg, then once you've registred there you can use cavreg to register with the game, that is only done once...

If you are going to delete the whole folder you would need to uninstal both...

I looked and couldn't find a way to do it. Does this mean every time I switch between games I have to put in the address/password? Is there some other trick that allows me to save the address/password under a game name?

I setup desktop shortcuts as described here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/civili...106-multiple-direct-ip-games.html#post1070267

This gives me a desktop shortcut that automatically launches Civ4 BtS with the correct Mod and server host name. Particularly useful if you're playing in games that use different Mods (although obviously here we are not using any Mod). Since in that case you need to exit the game anyway, and using the shortcut saves.

When switching between Pitboss games that use the same mod, I just notepad to copy and paste the server address (host IP). :)

First turn looking good for me... great job setting this all up.

Gilgamesh really? I want de Gaulle! I must admit not having played Gilgamesh much, but the Ziggurat? A slightly cheaper courthouse? Joy.

It is available at priesthood, one of the better UB's out there actually... Too bad the UU is so bad in mp, it is worse than regular axemen against axemen(though better against archers).

Yeah Gilgamesh's UU isn't really a good one, but it is pretty good defensively. It can match up pretty well with a prat for instance if it is defending. The UB on the other hand is one of the best in the game imho. Great for snagging an espionage advantage.

I missed that the Ziggurat is a courthouse available at priesthood. That does make it a lot stronger. And of course, you built a courthouse in nearly every city, so you get the bonus almost always (as opposed to the Mall for example). I've still got to see how it holds up though.

well.... Mehemed... I can live with that ;)

Now, I know a certain RL French player that will have a very short live if he starts next to me....... :devil:

Geronimo seems in trouble :lol:

Yeah Calis I almost objected to Lincoln being one of the leaders because whoever put forward his name was obviously trying to sandbag someone. I decided not to object just because I play Lincoln a lot and figured I could deal with effectively having no UU or UB for a game. Good luck! :D

Yeah Calis I almost objected to Lincoln being one of the leaders because whoever put forward his name was obviously trying to sandbag someone. I decided not to object just because I play Lincoln a lot and figured I could deal with effectively having no UU or UB for a game. Good luck! :D

I thought Lincoln had decent traits to make up for the lack of UU or UB. Plus, who knows if this game goes into the modern era. (Look at the Civ3 MTDG or deathmatch)

It's not at all unlikely that this game goes to the modern era, no. And Lincoln is definitely the best of the American leaders. And most UUs and UBs are overrated anyway. ;)

Top Bottom