Team SABER

We need to send a note to Saber explaining about our 'debacle' at Free The Council. We need to, but at the moment, I'm out of ideas.

We do have two Cruisers that can help shell the units on Subcommitte Island of The Council. Screenshot is in the turn log thread for Turn 241.

Saber has not invaded The Council's mainland and that is not good for us. It means everyone is getting stronger. (The Council just moved up to Average compared to us.) It also means that if/when we do invade Saber's mainland, those units, if not involved in invading The Council, are free to sail home and defend the core or to try to invade Free.

Saber has 17 Transports. We can only see 8 of them. The ones we cannot see should worry us the most.

Next turn (242) we will have 10 Transports we can load and sail to Saber to invade on Turn 243. But if Saber has not committed to The Council's invasion, we may have to 'invade' The Council lto get Saber to invade. And that won't be easy to do.

The Council has only three transports, not nearly enough to help us. I don't think that Transports can be captured, either, so we can't get The Council to 'lose them in battle' to us.

I don't think SABER is fooled by our fake Council war. They should have invaded by now.
That is what I feared.

Now what?

In an arms race, we are all pretty equal. We are all equal in military power, if not in force distribution.

Need to rethink our plans and strategy. It seems like we are at a dead end.

We may need to try a real invasion and eliminate the Council to win the UN.
That we may have to do. It may be the only way to get Saber to invade; that is, we go first.

We can try to have our invasion fleet meet up with theirs. Then they will see that we mean business. (But that would probably mean invading far from our shores and easy resupply. Coastal Geeks is a good place to sail from and only two turns to The Council.)
I think SABER should be given 1 more turn. They could have landed last turn, and this turn they will start invading cities.
I sure hope so.

On Turn 247 we planted a spy in Saber.

On Turn 247 Saber's government was Republic (open information on F3).

On Turn 248 Saber's government was Anarchy. :eek:

Feudalism, Facism or Communism? Could be Monarchy.

I don't know. I don't remember the government bonuses.

On Turn 247 we were five turns away from Stealth. We've got several more vMarines in play than before.

The element of surprise will be tricky.

Do we need a thread to focus our thoughts on this invasion?

Just received from Saber, after their Turn 254 and before our Turn 254 (message was sent with the save).
Saber said:
Dear Allies,

We fear that we have failed in our quest to prevent Council's launch. Although we accomplished our initial objective of taking away their 11-tile island, they unexpectedly secured another source of rubber out of our range. Even if we had the firepower to be able to conquer The Old Gong Isle, we would not be able to send that firepower that far away while we had to worry about another team (like Babe, for example) attacking our homeland while our troops were away.

Since there is nothing more we can do against Council, we have begun peace talks with them and hope to reach agreement shortly. In further bad news, we have determined that the Council already has both the Laser and Robotics and have had both for some time. You can verify this the same way we determined it - by checking the price of stealing a tech from Council (assuming you still have your spy there).

Time is very short, and Team Saber sincerely apologizes for our failure to keep Council from securing rubber, but we wish you the best of luck in wresting The Old Gong Isle from Council. The fate of the FREE world rests in your hands.

Team Saber

If someone wants to blockade their island we could stack a privateer with a battleship around all the tiles. They would only get their rubber with an airport.

Still, the Council can't do anything without getting out of mobilization (only by making peace with SABER or BABE). This will give us at least two turns of warning, enough that we could hit them hard.

1. If Saber makes peace, The Council will leave Mobilization, right? And thus could build things besides units. Not sure why Saber would do that; sorta like throwing in the towel.

2. How would Saber know if we had a spy in The Council?

3. I think that when we lost our Oil in Babe then The Council gained a new Rubber. Not sure; seems likely.

4. Old Gong Isle? The one that they settled because we didn't, off NW Gong? It didn't have any resources, not as I remember.

5. Gotta tweak my avatar. That 100x100 size is just way too :cool:

That letter does sound a bit odd. Why would they make peace, when if they stay at war the COUNCIL can't build the spaceship. They should of put more thought into it.

1. If Saber makes peace, The Council will leave Mobilization, right? And thus could build things besides units. Not sure why Saber would do that; sorta like throwing in the towel.

This is fishy. Maybe they think that BABE did so. Plus The Council would still get WW from SABER.

2. How would Saber know if we had a spy in The Council?

Educated guess

3. I think that when we lost our Oil in Babe then The Council gained a new Rubber. Not sure; seems likely.

When one disappears, only another of the same type will appear.

4. Old Gong Isle? The one that they settled because we didn't, off NW Gong? It didn't have any resources, not as I remember.

Didn't the Council take an Island from SABER? I think they mean that island.

Perhaps they were planning on double-crossing us, and it's time for their phony war with the Council to end?

Or maybe this is their way of trying to push us into doing something decisive. Clearly, whoever commits to smashing the Council will be at a marked disadvantage in the ensuing FREE-SABER war; they'd prefer to start off that tussle with the upper hand.

The island that The Council settled off the Gong coast does contain Rubber. If Saber is upset at us for that, they are justified. We made no effort to settle that spot.

EDIT:
However, nothing stopped Saber from taking it back. Unless they expected us to do that, since we were at war with The Council.

Hmm.

Since we were at war with The Council and did nothing about that island when we could have (and I forget when it was settled) that must have reinforced to Saber that our war with The Council was rather phoney,

We've done nothing in regards to taking down The Council and we've threaten their (Saber's) shores once.

Maybe they are afraid that if they invade The Council we will invade them?

Hmm.

Do you think that Saber would vote for us in the UN, in order to prevent The Council from winning?

EDIT:
Given the right preconditions, that is.

Top Bottom