1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Structure

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by classical_hero, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

Keep the planning out of the turn log and leave it in the Gamrplan therad. We don't want to clutter the turn log with non-essential or unused thoughts.

2. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

It seems the game has started...we need to appoint a turn player and strart playing our turns..

3. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Is it possible for someone (anyone) to move our warrior as planned (NW?) and post a screenie? Actually, if there are no new resources in view after the warrior moves we can just build the capital where we are, start a worker (work the corn tile?) and begin researching agriculture.

I cannot do this - no BtS.

4. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I agree, we move the warrior NW, if there is nothing interesting there we settle in place, build worker and farm the corn whilst building a workboat.

I am happy to trust the initial turn player to move the warrior around for scouting according to their best judgement so we can get the first few rounds over quickly.

So who is going to do the turns!!! I have some availability this afternoon unusually (I'm actually off work sick!)

5. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I would say go on and move the warrior...then post a screen if you find resources or just settle if you don't...

6. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I agree, go for it Kaleb.

7. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Seems like there is a server issues at the moment, so no game just now (no connection, if I understand the thread correctly).

8. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

I think that we need to elect a leader/turn player. I am happy to be considered for this. After that we need the leader to choose a deputy. That should be all we need for now.

9. donsig

I think for the first turn we should just get it done as soon as possible. Kaleb, Bolkonski, anyone who can do it. Let's get the game rolling so we do not earn the hard feelings of other teams already! We can have a formal election soon if need be.

10. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

Done! I'll post a screeshot.

11. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Bolkonski's already logged in and I think we are all clear of what to do in the first few turns.

But can we stick to ONE thread please for discussing ongoing tactics!! otherwise it can get confusing.

Let's not use this thread to discuss any tactics or strategy, just team roles.

12. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

I am happy with the proposed candidates. I hope they deliver, and mobilize the team resources both for fun, entertainment, grand strategy, clever diplomacy and solidarity,

13. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

I think I will be somewhat of a secretary. I am not experienced enough for major game decisions, but I can haunt our forum and get formal proposals/votes drafted and put into a poll or thread. Maybe later on I will expand, but for now that seems like it is my role.

For now, according to what I have read, our semi-formal positions are like this:
    Turnplayers: Kaleb and Bolkonski, possibly jksmp1 and Boko
    Diplomats: CommandoBob and Provolution
    "Strategists":everyone else

This is very loose and does not actually mean very much. If you don't want to do something just pipe up.

14. donsig

Thanks Jimmy369! Could you edit in Bolkonski's screenshot into your turn 1 post in the turn log?

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Perhaps CommandoBob and Provolution can play good cop/bad cop with the other teams if the situation ever calls for it. There might be times when we want to stall, lead another team on, or give a false impression of discord. It's much easier to baffle opponents and obfuscate when more than one person is involved in the mix ;)

Oh and i'm patched up now and able to play btw (I logged on right after Bolkonski and checked everything out).

16. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Good cop or bad cop is one scenario we can surely play, or confused twins, or the two headed troll another one could be yin and yang, and finally, we got the two obedient clerks that stumble in hard terminology.

17. jkpsmp1

jkpsmp1 Chieftain

Turnplayers: Kaleb and Bolkonski, possibly jksmp1 and Boko

I am up for running turns - at least while it is fairly easy. I will check when I am online to see if it is our turn and Bolkonski and Kaleb are not online. I will also try to keep a Saved Game of the current known map - so we can run tests on our next moves, builds, and cities.

Jeff

18. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

Good cop/bad cop; sober/insane; Zack Addy/Jack Hodgins; Little Oprhan Annie/Little Annie Fannie. Can do, if we need to.

But until we meet our neighbors, :sleep: