Technological/Education Property

@Hydro: I was wondering if you could come up with the values you'd like the above noted building to have. And does population drain any education at all right now?

Both are probably good issues to address before release if DH is giving us enough time anyhow.

@Hydro: I was wondering if you could come up with the values you'd like the above noted building to have. And does population drain any education at all right now?

Both are probably good issues to address before release if DH is giving us enough time anyhow.

I would say probably around the same amount of education as a University.

I've noticed that the academy that you build with a great scientist does not even have any literacy bonuses or education bonuses like the library and other educational buildings out has. So I was wondering are you guys going to change that?

+1, need a change.
_______

I think we need a little more malus to Education property, like a Crime (School Absenteism) (req any learning building and 10 crime, -2 Edu).

Maybe add a small Education malus to some crime-related building because they show you can have more money from crime than from normal life (and maybe decrease Crime malus by the same amount?)

Some celebrity-relatded building can add an Aducation malus too. All the "I wanna be like Miley Cyrus" are not really educated because their idol is .... well, sorry if there are some Miley' fans here :D

I haven't added in any sinks for education.

The only sinks in education that I can think up is random events that can happen (depending how how frequency events can be). The random events that I thought up was low test scores (only happened when schools have been built), citizens die due to ignorant/stupid things (pissing on electrical objects as an example, or lighting a match on a mine full of explosive gas that comes in contact with fire), and other things that just represents that lack of knowledge on basic things like math, science, and such.

Currently city population uses a flat amount of education per point per turn. I think that housing should also. The point being that the higher the average quality of life is the more education you need to maintain that quality.

Currently city population uses a flat amount of education per point per turn. I think that housing should also. The point being that the higher the average quality of life is the more education you need to maintain that quality.
It should, yes, but how much is it taking up per pop and where is that defined in the xml at the moment?

Top Bottom