1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 5 President's Thread

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by Robi D, Nov 8, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I bet epsilon noticed...because they were building it.

We are not running beuracracy and we are almost equal with them..bwahhahhahahaaaa.

OK phase two.....whats next in the preparations for our next wonder. Hanging gardens need aquaduct( right?) we need to plan ahead so that city is defended and has a forge and workers in place to chop if needed.

2. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Hanging Gardens gives +1 Health and Pop in each city?

3. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Yep, it would be good to do it with our first seven cities in place. Hello would be a good spot to plant it. I think it can be built by around turn 125.

I've been having a bit of a look around to see if there is a third wonder we could go for at some point, especially if the game continues to be peaceful and we remain undiscovered. Are there any other financial ones?

4. Love

Love Chieftain

Well TGL produses trade things...

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

TGL is mose usefull with a philo civ and running representation, dont get me wrong its still handy but it wouldnt be key.

HG are handy but more as a wonder to build later on when it'll only take a few turns and no forest chops.

I would say one highly highly overlooked tactic is heroic epic with the globe theatre in the same city, along with a forge- this can equal cossak units every other turn with pop rushing :)

Thus if we were aiming to build them we should be doing it in a high food city, and thus with not much production it would be best to use GE/forest chops to accomplish that, so in that way the hanging gardens would be very handy :)

6. Love

Love Chieftain

Yes...

If we bet for a religon the spiral minaret is useful

7. Robi D

Ok i've had a bit of a look at all the up coming wonders.

I do love my HG. If we can get a religion the the spiral is a nice money spinner.

Apart from that there isn't too many that are must have in my book, but Versailles would be a good one since it means we can save the FP for cities further out (like conquered one;) )

As for National Wonder there is lots of handy combos to run so we will look at them closely when they come up.

8. Robi D

Turn 100 375BC

In Aloha Today
    Trade deal with Innovia
    End of Term 5- Lots of Screenies:)

Cities
    Aloha(5) - Worker in 11, Growth Stagnant
    Hello(4) - Worker in 4, Growth Stagnant
    Hej(4) - Setter Completed, Galley in 6, Growth in 7
    Kia Ora(1) -

Workers
    Plumber - Starts Road, Finished in 2
    Builder - Moves S, SE
    Brick Layer - Moves S, SE

Barb Axe killed. We lost one Axe in the attack (the one coming from Hej). We now have to rebuild Road and Mine. Builder and Brick Layer dispatched to fix the damage. They should have it repaired in around 4 turns.
    Also a barb warrior is moving towards Hej.

Sirians Eyes continues his trek northwards. He see some SeaLams;)

Innovia sent a trade deal of Mysticism for Hunting. There wasn't any message in gmail about it but its one previously discussed so i take it:). We should get on to them to make sure the other deals can come through quickly. I would be happy to put to them a condition on the tech trades that we can't trade a tech we have received from each other. This still leaves us able to trade techs with a third team that we have researched ourselves.

Iron Working in 3
    Research 90%, 70g 0gpt

Demograhics and Victory Screen

Gold and Production Graphs

See you all in Term 6:D

9. Love

Love Chieftain

When 6 and 7 is build (cities) we own the halfisland!

10. robboo

robboo Chieftain

after civil service we will have a great tech rate. We need to then push our advantage and then start building really big production cities.

11. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

We are first in GNP, good job team!

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Now while its good we have a good gnp, we have an absolutly shocking population and not so good mfg nor crop yields- we need to increase pop before anything else which means more more cities :)

also we need calendar so we can start getting some happy faces from our dyes :)

13. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I agree the population will only help the other numbers. We need the happiness to start.

Besides calendar we may need to get a religion OR be prepared to use the cultural slider and theatres

14. Love

Love Chieftain

I think religon is a must, i mean, what has been found? Well if we go for divine right we have the spiral tower to build that gives better food. And for pop THG is good when it comes to money...

15. Robi D

As far as the Gold, Production and Food goes don't read too much into it. Depending on what tiles i work we can be No.1 in either of these catagories. At the moment i'm focusing on gold to get Iron Working and Calandar out asap.

Population is a bit hard to read because 1 size 9 city will give a lot more pop than 3 size 3 cities but the number of worked tiles ends up the same. The fact is we are a little behind but not in any danger of being left behind.

Although no one has questioned my wisdom, the reasons i chose IW is this, first if we have iron in our borders we can hook it up which will ensure that the current situation (copper getting disconnected) can't happen again. Even if we lose one metal, we will have the other. The other reason is to get to the dyes we need to chop down jungle.

The game situation overall is that we are all still in a pack and we are sitting a couple of meters back of the leaders shoulder.

Term 6 should bring us 3 more cities, some dyes and hopefully contact with epsilon and piffle so we can accurately judge were everyone is and what they are doing

16. robboo

robboo Chieftain

No one questioned your choice..because I think we all saw why it had to happen. :)

After calendar we need to consider some "sea techs" because I have a feeling much like BH siad..the other teams lie in the other direction.

17. Robi D

That and i would have put you in jail for Political dissent;) Oh wait we don't have jails yet, i guess i have to stick to unfortunante accidents for now:p

Well we have Sailing, and a Galley is being built to voyage into the black area South West of us. If there is another team nearby they can only be hiding there.

It also depends on what we can get from Innovia in trades. I would hope we can come to an agreement by the time Calandar is done so we know what we need to research. If we can trade for CoL then Philo is right there to take. With Taoism, temples and dyes we can increase our pop by 3 in all cities. We already have the food and health so the jump can happen quickly.

18. Robi D

I keep forget to mention it but some of you might have noticed from the sceenshots. We have Sailing but no trade route with Innovia. This means there coastline isn't connected with ours. This just puzzles me even more about the shape of the map. I'm sure Sirians having a few chuckles at our so far less than educated guesses. Could it be the Innovias coast is an inland sea?

19. robboo

robboo Chieftain

maybe there is still some black tiles between us.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well if we're going for a religion would philosophy not be a better one as it opens up the line to nationalism and then military tradition for the cossaks...

Also the spiral minaret with its short expiry date is to me v useless other than as a nice luxury.