Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Please vote for the person you feel would make the best Judge Advocate for this term.

The candidates are CivGeneral and Ori, they can post their platforms here, and citizens are encouraged to post questions to the candidates.
Nomination thread

The citizen receiving the most votes at the conclusion of the election poll is deemed the winner of that election. In the event that more than one citizen is tied for the most votes, a runoff election poll, listing all citizen's tied for the most votes, will be conducted. This poll will be marked private, single-choice, and will be set to expire in 2 days. This process will be repeated until one citizen receives the most votes. The election cycle will conclude at the end of the final election poll.

Could the candidates present themselves? I don't have the slightest idea for who I should vote at the moment. I think Ori has done a good job this term, but I also think that CivGeneral has done a good job in the more distant past.

Could the candidates present themselves? I don't have the slightest idea for who I should vote at the moment. I think Ori has done a good job this term, but I also think that CivGeneral has done a good job in the more distant past.

:salute: :D

My previous experience in the Judiciary: I was/am Judge Advocate in the current term - no other experience of DG offices
What I want to do next term: Nothing :D
Spoiler but... :
while a Judiciary that has nothing to do would be the best thing for any demogame I think ;) my main aim is to make sure any disputes are resolved objectively and quickly.
I have shown this term that I am quite inclined to argue about good polling practice and will continue to do so - both within and outside the Judiciary's role. As far as trials are concerned: I do hope we have seen the last of this this term, if need be I strive to present any accusation as objectively and fairly as possible while especially voicing the concerns of the accuser (we do have a Public Defender for the other part ;) ).

Any more questions? Just throw them at me :)

How would you handle polls in a fair sense, not discriminating between pollers?

By looking at the poll in question and not at the poller. I do understand that you feel that I unfairly invalidated quite a few polls you posted - I cannot change that impression but can only repeat that I do not care who posts a poll and only look at what the poll is like.
Ideally citizens will pass an initiative that gives some form of guidelines as to what a good poll is and/or what a bad poll is.
In the absence of this: the choice of invalidating a poll has been put into the hands of the Judiciary and every member of it has to make the call whether or not to invalidate a poll - of course this can and should be appealed to the Judiciary since that is the only way to make sure some form of uniform guidelines are upheld.

By looking at the poll in question and not at the poller. I do understand that you feel that I unfairly invalidated quite a few polls you posted - I cannot change that impression but can only repeat that I do not care who posts a poll and only look at what the poll is like.
Ideally citizens will pass an initiative that gives some form of guidelines as to what a good poll is and/or what a bad poll is.
In the absence of this: the choice of invalidating a poll has been put into the hands of the Judiciary and every member of it has to make the call whether or not to invalidate a poll - of course this can and should be appealed to the Judiciary since that is the only way to make sure some form of uniform guidelines are upheld.

Very interesting choice of words.

I have JA experiance in the distant past of the Demogame However I am only focusing on this Demogame insted of the past.

I am able to handle and organize any Judicary related documents and place them in a word document (I am able to do formats that is OpenOffice.org friendly by request)

I tend to present myself as more of an office and professional style to ensure that the Judcary flows with ease.

I strictly look into the pool in question however I don't judge the poller.

The decision of invalidating a poll should be within the courts and decide whether it is valid or invalid.

I think Civgeneral deserves a fair chance this term, at least to get equal treatment. Civgeneral would be most neutral choice.

I've abstained, as I'm really unsure who I'd prefer (and as it's currently a tie, and I'm interested what will happen what it stays that way :p)

Top Bottom