• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Drooling. Help. Release. Now.

The new map is done. I however need some people to come forward and help me bring two of my other maps (world map 256x256 & Lost World Map/Futuristic Map 256x256) compatible with C3C. This means using default Civs, default resources etc - nothing from the mod. You can use the new map as reference (resource placement etc).

Anyone?

So you're holding the new map hostage in lieu of a volunteer? :D

I would, but I never even managed to finish placing resources on my own map (using yours as a reference) so I consider my reliability in this area to be dubious.

Anyway, if you gave me your new map to use as a reference, I'd just end up playing and not editing the map! ;)

TETurkhan said:
The new map is done. I however need some people to come forward and help me bring two of my other maps (world map 256x256 & Lost World Map/Futuristic Map 256x256) compatible with C3C. This means using default Civs, default resources etc - nothing from the mod. You can use the new map as reference (resource placement etc).

Anyone?

TE, do you mean import them to C3C?, as in, placing resources, rivers, etc.? and allowing the editor to use the default rules in place of the civs on your mod? if so, i volenteer. if it means adding new civs, i wouldnt trust me to do it, i just dont have enough exp. with that aspect of mod making just yet.

Thanks azazel93 & Owain, I however have done the work myself but still I rushed it so maybe if you could still look things over and fix what I have missed. All the maps are up people - Enjoy.

I will now move on to working on 2.0 again - thank god.
This world map is my last.

One last note - The ultra huge world map plays fast on the mod but not with the default rules. So unless you have a super fast computer you can expect long wait times between turns.

hi tet, big thanks for all the work you put into your map!

one question , though: why are there so many goodie huts and barbarian camps on the tundra both in the north and in the south (eg antarctica is crowded with barbarians)

Tet - is there a way to play the map with a city limit and with v1.93 rules?

Either way, Thanks for posting the map! :goodjob:

So wait, tet says no 2.0 mod?

TETurkhan said:
Thanks azazel93 & Owain, I however have done the work myself but still I rushed it so maybe if you could still look things over and fix what I have missed. All the maps are up people - Enjoy.

I will not move on to working on 2.0 again - thank god.
This world map is my last.

One last note - The ultra huge world map plays fast on the mod but not with the default rules. So unless you have a super fast computer you can expect long wait times between turns.

I sure hope he meant "now" and not "not!!!" :cry:

Dease - You could go in and import values from 1.93, I however will not spend any time on this front. All my energy is into the mods and scenarios that I am working on now, no more detours like making a 'default' version of the map etc :crazyeye:, it really takes too much time. BTW the mod version of the map will be considerably different than the map posted today.

Mungaf - that was an error :) no worries :)

NOte: the map looks far better with Snoopys terrain ;)

What happend to making the world's lagerst rivers navigable (?) You (I) could place victory points locations in places like Panama Canal, the Suez canal and some others like in the great likes to tempt the AI to build a city there.

hi EddyG17, the things you are mentioning come with the mod but not the map with default rules. You are right though and initially the plan was to have more rules in place for the map but it was taking up too much of my time and I really need to focus on the mod now. :)

Ok TE, ive re-installed Civ3/PTW/Conquests, since i realized just how close you are to finishing 2.0, LOL. You had posted that you needed a couple people to "go over the maps". I was just curious as to what some one would need to watch for exactly. IE; spots of pollution from your grid-system, places where resources should be, referencing resource placement in 1.93 and compareing that to 2.0, etc...?

Also, since i bought PTW a couple years ago, and discovering that there were user-created mods already on the disc, i havent played the game with any level of "real" intrest after playing your mod (1.93). Its that damn good!!! keep it up!:D

Another thing, 1.) Will 2.0 utilize the same civs as 1.93, ie; isreal, abyssinians, hungarians, etc., or will it only be using the conquests default civs? and 2.) will their be a 2.0 version of your test of time mod like with 1.93? or am i completely mistaken that there would be...LOL.

One last thing, these new maps look GREAT!!!! :) :D

Top Bottom