TGW-Div 1.6 -- World War I

gps Lanzelot

Week 52, 1914

Britain-France:

With the failure to breakthrough Liege the great army assembled has withdrawn. French artillery shells the roads and rails around Besancon.

The Royal Navy shells Copenhagen and area on their way to the North of Denmark. The airport of Copenhagen destroyed along with a road and mine outside the city.

British Zeppelins bombard Liege and destroy a German fighter for no losses. Artillery shells Umm Lajj in the middle east.

Week 1, 1915

Italy:

Italy celebrates the new year by shelling roads and rails in the Besancon area.

Ottoman Empire:
Victory at the battle of Umm Laij!
After the Russians have left the country, the Ottoman army finally has resources to proceed against the British invadors. Many light artillery batteries redline the British forces beleaguring Umm Laij. Then von Sanders attacks and kills a British Inf A and Inf R. Kemal follows up, beating two Indian divisions. Our last Bulgarian Inf division then defeats the remaining Indians and Ottoman regular infantry then destroys a counter battery, two field guns and a light artillery.
The railway line that Ottoman engineers recently finished through the middle of the desert, played an important role in this victory!.

Austria-Hungaria:

A cossack is spotted on neutral territory near Bucharest. A counter batterie redlines it, a cavalry rushes to defeat it, but what looked like a grassland turns out to be a forest, so the cavalry gets stuck?! No other action to report this week. The Austrian army is retreating from Zhitomir.

Germany:
An elite Inf R Kills the redlined British cavalry as prelude to the battle of Liege. Then German siege guns and 210mm artillery redlines 7 British infantry divisions.
All 7 are killed by Inf A&R at the loss of one Inf A.

Two König Class battleships bombard the King George V, only 1 hit: 7/8. Nevertheless the last König decides to attack and sinks the British flag ship after a cruel battle: 3/10.

In order to help our Austrian friends under pressure, the German High Command decides to resume the battle at Brest-Litowsk. The German railgun corps returns and redlines many units between Brest-Litowsk and Grodno. Then 11 German Armies attack and capture 11 Russian divisions. Strange: most armies got only a little scratch, but Kluck went to 11/20! A few Zeppelins and counter batteries then finish off the other 11.

Battleship Nassau sinks a mysterious object while trying to run west. We need to send our damaged destroyer out there to check what's up in that area. Indeed: the British submarines have gone east instead of west, leaving the protection of their battleships? A few battleships & cruisers go under steam and leave the port to clean up the area. A total of 6 submarines is sunk.

Happy New Year!

Even though we lost so many cool fellas this week, we still consider it happy. Russian reinforcements arrived totaling Russian R Div to the impressive number of 239!

In addition Russian production picks up slowly but steadily, 16 units were delivered this turn -- 3 of them are Fortress Divisions!

Brest-Grodno-Vilna triangle swells under the pressure of new arrived defenders. Attacking German Corps suffered ~30 HP damage from Russian artillery, but considering that we face 11 German Corps this accounts for 3-4 trimmed point from each Corp, 3 of which are still green.

Russian Stavka mocks retreating Austrians and hopes that Entente will use this time wisely for the recovery and new attacks. Historically during 1915 War was primarily waged on the Eastern Front as Germany was trying to knock Russia out of the War.

Nooooooo!!!!!

I was able to play my France and Britain turn which took me two hours to complete. When I loaded my Italian turn I got a crash to the desktop! I forget what the bug was in our other PBEM that caused a crash but I wonder if it is the same bug causing this game to crash?

It's late for me now otherwise I'd try to fix the issue myself. Perhaps if no one has any ideas I'll take a look tomorrow.

No worries, dear Moff. Go to your Autosave -- I was able to recover our new game Italian crashes from there. Just email me Week 2 Autosave, I will work on it... Meanwhile I will check it myself hacking your Civs :)

All right, I have discovered the problem -- Palermo. The city has a full food window and is building Hospital to get to the next size (13). Build box is full too. Apparentely game didn't like it when you have rushed the Hospital or something of that nature. Anyways the problems solves if you temporary transfer Palermo to Neutrals (which work with the Auto Major).

Here is what we can do, Moff... I hope you have your Autosave box checked in Options. If so, just email me the Week 1, 1915 Autosave (it is a turn for British) . I will give Palermo to Neutrals, email you the save you can replay the British, play Italians, send to Lanzelot, he will play his turns and when I get the file from him I will give Palermo back to Italy. I tested and it works just fine.

If you have no Autosave, then I will resend you my Russian turn with Palermo now Neutral.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide Tigranes. Let's hope your theory is correct. Do you think we have reached the maximum unit limit? I read somewhere you can not have more than something like 8200 units total on the map which includes all civs. Just a thought in case the bug you found is not the only culprit.

I've emailed you my Week 2 British turn. Sorry, I did not check the autosave option. :(

The fixed file is sent back. I am pretty sure it is city grow/build problem, not a unit problem.

gps Lanzelot

Week 1, 1915

France-Britain:

Western front has been bustling with much activity this week! French forces led by Petain return to shell Liege. Then the bloodiest offensive on the Western front thus far begins. Three French armies supported by countless army troops attack the fortified town of Liege once again. Over 300.000 troops are involved in the attack. The fighting was bloody and many lost their lives this week but the results for France were stupendous. Liege was captured after the most brutal fighting with the following results:

French losses: 30xFrench Rifle R, 2xFrench Rifle A, 2xFrench Cavalry, and 1xFrench MG.
German losses: 2xGerman MG, 5xGerman Rifle R, 5xGerman Rifle A, 2xGerman Landwehr, 11x210mm field guns, and 2xSiege Cannon.

British forces move in to help defend Liege and Zeppelin raids in the area destroy some roads. One British Zeppelin is shot down near Liege. A subsequent raid on Arnhem destroys the German Fighter stationed there.

Both the French and the British Royal Navy attack the coastline of the Netherlands destroying road and rail there.

Week 2, 1915

Italy:

The Italians bring some guns to the Nancy area and shell the road and rail in the area. No other action to report.

Wow, the first time Germans loose any guns! But 30 Divs... :crazyeye: How did that MG with attack 1 loose his life? Who sent him to attack?:eek:

Tigranes said:
How did that MG with attack 1 loose his life?

Well it was late last night and when I sent that poor MG into battle I mistook him for a Rifle A. I really needed sleep but I had to finish my turn! LOL

Ottoman Empire:
This week the Ottoman artillery shells the British invaders at Basra and redlines all units. Then Kemal, von Sanders, the newly formed Enver Pascha Army and two Infs kill 2 British Inf A, 2 Inf R, 3 Indian Inf and a fieldgun.
Two guns shell the French MG in Palestine.

Austria-Hungaria:
Sweep Italian mine in the Adria.
Bombard two Cossacks in Romania and kill them. Discover a Russian Inf and destroy it as well.
4 Austrian Armies attack Italian forces near Verdun and defeat an MG and 3 Inf R.

Germany:

Battle of Brest-Litowsk: the usual bombardment, then the Inf Armies attack again and kill 16 Inf R divisions. Zeppelins & Counterbattery kill 10 more divisions (MG, Fortress divisions, Cossacks).

New Army kills British Inf A at Liege.

Three battleships bombard French Courbet ship in the North Sea. Afterwards German battleships sink two Armored Cruisers.

Press Release

Brutal blow to British forces at Basra, this after the losses suffered near Umm Lajj last week. British leadership will have to contemplate their moves more carefully now in the Middle East.

Finally Russian Army got something to boast about. Austrian Armoured Car Corps are destroyed in Moldova for the price of 1 A Div by Tambov Cossacks! "Send those Austrians where they belong!",-- this is how people of Tambov reacted about the victory of their boys. Clearly horse always beats the car! :spear:

German Corps near Brest Litovsk were shelled to the bleeding red by the entire available artillery of Russia. We just 3 turns away from Counterbaterry artillery, so soon we will enjoy some lethal land bombardement.

Lots of German road contruction is spotted around Vilna-Grodno-Brest-Litovsk. Do the Germans seriously think they can outflank us? Only the time will tell what they are up to. The only lamentable thing is that Russia designed to be absolutely defenseles against Zepps -- very annoying indeed, considering what was happening in the real WW1:

German Zeppelin Z V, flying in heavy rain during a bombing raid on Mlava, was shot down by Russian ground fire, the entire crew was captured, while Z.V commander Hauptman Ernst Gruener was killed.

Request was sent for a British transport full with AA guns to arrive to Murmansk and help with AA situation in Russia. It will take 10 turns or so but it worth it, things get really bloody here!

Tigranes, I think you sent me the wrong file. My password is invalid and I see that this one might belong to the other PBEM. It should be Nicolas of the Russia, not Nicolas of the Russians.

I am sorry! The correct file is resent...

gps Lanzelot

Week 6, 1915

Britain-France:

French army shells troops near Liege and Besancon. British forces then attack German positions near Liege. In the fighting 3xBritish Rifle R and 2x British Rifle A die while killing 2xGerman Rifle R and 1xGerman Rifle A. Zeppelins bombard and kill 2xGerman Rifle A near Liege as well.

Week 7, 1915

Italy:

No action to report other than some shelling of Austrian positions near Trieste.

Ottoman Empire:
1914 Destroyer sinks French Destroyer.
French "Crusaders" at Jerusalem bombarded and killed by Kemal and Enver Pascha.

Kuweit City: the fleeing Indian division is bombarded and then hunted down by von Sanders.
Bombarded British intruders north of Tabuk.

Russian Cossacks south of Ezerum bombarded and then killed by a Bulgarian Inf and an Armored Car.

Austria-Hungaria:
Shelling of French units at Verdun. Nothing else to report.

Germany:
German battleships sink 4 French destroyers. A battleship trying to get into Amsterdam is blocked by a mysterious object. It calls another one for help which sinks the object.

Heavy bombardment of French positions near Lyons by assorted artillery. (You may have captured half of our 220mm guns at Liege, but we still have some left to do damage...) Afterwards a German Army and Inf A & R attack, killing a total of 12(?) French MG, Inf A & R and capturing 5 155mm guns!

Bombardment of two French Inf R outside Metz. Afterwards they fall as well.
The rest of the German artillery shells French troops outside Verdun. They damage all units except 4 Inf R. Nevertheless the Kaiser orders the attack. Our only elite Marine division dies! A yellow Hindenburg takes revenge and kills two Inf R, a yellow flamethrower Army another one. Then 3/4 Inf A are on top, and we better stop the attack.

Zeppelin & Counterbattery kill British Inf R at Liege.

Destroyer spots Russian submarine at Kalmar, a battleship sinks it, getting veteran promotion.
Zeppelins destroy a few roads and two Russian divisions at the eastern Front.

The siege of Brest-Litovsk was lifted, giving Russian artillery some break from tedious shelling of German Corps.

Troops of all 3 Enemy Empires tasted Russian shells this turn:

1. Culture from German occupied Kaunas convinced 1 Vilna tile to pledge allegiance to the German invaders. Apparently Germans are playing Lithuanians against Russians rather skillfully. Captive French Engineer, together with German workers and Engineers created trenches, rail road and barbed wire on that deserted tile last turn. All this activity was guarded by 1 A and 1 R division. Germans apparently think this is enough against the Russian troops. Not so fast, Hans! 20 guns reduced fortified positions to craters. Samsonov Corp attacks, get redlined but kills Def 15 A Div. General Yudenich elevated to Corp commander this turn and given 2 Cossacks for 3 MP. That 3 MP comes very handy when his Corps dispose the remaining German R Div, get promoted and go back to Petrograd for some vodka party. Russians capture 1 Engineer and 1 Worker and liberate 1 French Engineer. If all will go well we will send him back to Paris, unless game engine prevents it. In that case we will just say that educated French engineers liked Russian pay and Russian girls better than what they got back in France.

2. Austrians retreated 3 long tiles away from Zhitomir and left 1 Fortress Division. Our shells turned trenches to craters once again and two Russian R Div with attack 3 rushed against 1 HP Fortress Division with Def 13. One Russian Div dies, Austrians fail to promote and the second Div kills the leftovers of Austrain retreat.

3. The remaining guns were trained on Turks just south of Batumi.

Russian fleet shelled railroad north of Memel to end our glorious week!

Top Bottom