The Afghan National Army is on a roll! Terrorists better pull thier skirts down!

Trajan12 said:
Youre right, cluster bombs from now on.:rolleyes: You really need to snap out of this fantsy land that everyone is gonna join hands and sing kumbaya. Come back to it when Jesus gets here.:jesus:

People kill people, I understand this.

We don't need to bomb countries though.

tomsnowman123 said:

Then what do you propose we do?

tomsnowman123 said:

Why do you think we have the Pentagon and Generals? So that we can decide stategic places to bomb. So we dont just drop bombs on markets and mosques.

tomsnowman123 said:
Leave them be, or give aid.
Yes we should leave them be so they can practice and plan to kill even more civilians by crashing planes into buildings. :rolleyes:

tomsnowman123 said:
Because the Iraq War has actually drastically reduced terrorism...
It has reduced the number of terrorists. And removing Sadam has dried up the cash that was going to the families of Israeli murderers. And it also ended the terroristic rule of Sadam and company. But this thread is about Afgahnistan not Iraq.

I heard they were trying to get Al Zawahiri.

»http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/zawahiri_was_ta.html

Zawahiri Was Target in U.S. Attack on Religious School in Pakistan
October 30, 2006 1:15 PM

Alexis Debat Reports:

Ayman al Zawahiri was the target of a Predator missile attack this morning on a religious school in Pakistan, according to Pakistani intelligence sources.

ABC News has learned the raid was launched after U.S. intelligence received tips and examined Predator reconnaissance indicating that al Qaeda's No. 2 man may have been staying at the school, which is located in the Bajaur region near the village that is thought to be al Qaeda's winter headquarters.

Despite earlier reports that the missiles had been launched by Pakistani military helicopters, Pakistani intelligence sources now tell ABC News that the missiles were fired from a U.S. Predator drone plane.

We should keep these guys locked down. Go on the offensive and curve their initiative. If things keep going this way Zawahiri will piss his pants and we will follow the trail all the way to his spider-hole.

tomsnowman123 said:
I am saddened by the loss of life brought about by the War in Afghanistan and Iraq, no matter who dies. I can only hope for a complete pullout, because this does not change the war enough to make us "winners," if winning a war is even possible.

The loss of life will continue if we stay or not. As you've read there is now an Afghan Army. Said Afghan army is doing better with our help and training. If we were to leave them they would do worse. They may loose. Now you have even more dead than expected (on all sides). Probably a split country in many many more ways than it currently is and Taliban in control of the South and who knows where else.

People keep saying that reconstruction is the key. Do they not realize that we are trying to reconstruct? Everytime we build something the Taliban tries to blow it up. So, do we keep building or do we defeat the Taliban and then build? Or do we try to do both at the same time?

Currently we are trying to do both. Sometimes there is never an easy answer. Sometimes you just have to realize that a situation sucks and get on with it.

We bombed the hell outta the country and I think we ought to attempt to help put it back together. Pulling out now would be like pulling half the support beams out of a half built building. It will collapse. It will look ugly.

Who knows though. Maybe I am wrong. I'm open to suggestions on how else to solve this problem. And 'aid' alone will not be enough. Money handed over never solves anything. They need stability and structure to rebuild.

skadistic said:
It has reduced the number of terrorists. And removing Sadam has dried up the cash that was going to the families of Israeli murderers. And it also ended the terroristic rule of Sadam and company. But this thread is about Afgahnistan not Iraq.

Good point because terrorists are having such a hard job recruiting more to their cause right now.
Those who were murdering Israelis were only doing it beacause of SH's cash obviously.

But yes this is good news about Afghanistan at last. However there were plenty of Afghans fighting the Talban before. They were the Northern Alliance. So not much has changed overall. Different name same people.

Trajan12 said:
I know, "they just accidentally put on those RPGs and AKs.":rolleyes: Its a coincidence that they happened to be practicing their shooting. C4 vests? No those were just Korans.:rolleyes: Hey! That grenade fell into is hand!
Not to spoil your fun but german army officials agree to disagree with your POV. All we have done until now is exploiting ethnical diversity for our purpose, and ALL of the Warlords have broadened their powerbase, including our allies and the Taliban.
Now for the important part:

MOST AFGHANI MALES HAVE AN RIFLE WITH THEM, ALL THE TIME.

It's part necessity, part tradition. No peashooters, Lee-Enfields and Aks mostly.
While it's hard to imagine for us, even wearing(or driving know-what-i-mean) things like RPGs, machineguns etc. around wouldn't raise an eyebrow

Trajan12 said:
We should keep these guys locked down. Go on the offensive and curve their initiative. If things keep going this way Zawahiri will piss his pants and we will follow the trail all the way to his spider-hole.

Why do I get the feeling that 10 years from now we're going to find out that while we were stomping around the afghani outback, binLaden and Zawahiri were actually living in a flat in Manhattan, making videos in front of a green screen and laughing themselves to sleep every night....?

I need a refresher here. Why after we got Al Qaida in 2002 are we still fighting the Taliban?

We 'got' al-quaeda? I'm pretty sure the leadership of that organization is still around.

And I think that 'we' are fighting the taliban because the west is supporting the new government in Afghanistan, whom the taliban do not seem to want to share power with.

As an organisation it was effectively destroyed.
The base was destroyed and hundreds were rounded up.
But this civil war is really really old between the two groups.
Just wondering why we are siding with one group over the other. Is it just for convenience?

Peri said:
As an organisation it was effectively destroyed.
The base was destroyed and hundreds were rounded up.

THey are still active in Iraq and Kashmir, or so the news tells me...

But this civil war is really really old between the two groups.
Just wondering why we are siding with one group over the other. Is it just for convenience?

Well, one is supposedly trying to set up a more liberal democracy, which I guess we are trying to promote in the region, and given the taliban's treatment of women, religious minorities, and anyone who doesnt agree with thier interpretation of sharia law, I think we've probably chosen at very least the lesser of two evils...

Che Guava said:
THey are still active in Iraq and Kashmir, or so the news tells me...

Well, one is supposedly trying to set up a more liberal democracy, which I guess we are trying to promote in the region, and given the taliban's treatment of women, religious minorities, and anyone who doesnt agree with thier interpretation of sharia law, I think we've probably chosen at very least the lesser of two evils...

But do we know that these people are original Al Qaida members or just groups using the name to up their profile?
America uses Al Qaida as a bogeyman and arguably paints all groups with the same brush. Terrorist is also a very popular catchphrase that used very liberally. Some may argue that the Whitehouse needs AQ to carry out is programme.

Very true, but regardless, this fight is more about the taliban than al-Q, and they are definitely real...

Top Bottom