1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by thamis, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

No (due to compatability issues), though I have replaced the static leaders with animated ones, using quite a few of the Warlords leaderheads (as well as vanilla and reskinned ones).

2. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

I've played a few warlord games without TAM just to give some of the new ancient civ's and leaders a try. I thought I'd cruise on Noble level huge continents map as Julius Ceasar with Rammes, Alexander, Cyrus, Brennus, Hannibal, Mansa, Montezuma, Shaka and the Incas. I got spanked 3 games in a row! The AI is definately more aggressive when bloods in the water and I'm not sure the new traits are exactly balanced. Industious/Spirital is pretty powerful. Sure am looking forward to the TAM's balanced play adapted to warlords.

3. thamis

thamis King of Kish

Version 1.95 posted, get it at the TAM website as always.

4. Axis Kast

Axis Kast Chieftain

After downloading v1.5, do we need to also download the large TAM map, or is that packaged with the download?

5. thamis

thamis King of Kish

All packaged together.

6. garan

garan Chieftain

Thanks for the great MOD, covering my favourite era in CIV.
    After some ventures with earlier verions I really started with TAM 1.94. Now that 1.95 is out, I would like to know if saves from 1.94 are compatible with 1.95 or do I have to start over?

7. thamis

thamis King of Kish

I don't know... give it a try. Probably they won't work though, sorry.

8. brento1138

brento1138 O' Mighty CivII Warrior

I have to say I tried this one out a while ago and I quite liked it. Great work!

9. garan

garan Chieftain

I gave it a try and it didn't work. Produced an exception error. I started over and still have great fun in the new session ;)

10. }{ELL/\/()

}{ELL/\/() Warlord

Great Work

11. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I don't mind lack of compatability. I rarely play the entire game anyway. I like trying to choke out Rome with Carthage, muahahaha.

12. Made_of_sand

Made_of_sand Chieftain

Truly impressive mod

I'm currently trying to make a warlords compatible version, with a few extra civs
    Anyone know where the leaderhead pictures came from? i want the new leaders to be like the others

(I can create the oil paint effect on Photopaint myself)

13. thamis

thamis King of Kish

Made_of_Sand, instead of you working on it all alone, why don't you join our development team and start putting in ideas, and converting the MOD to Warlords? Send me an email through the CivFanatics interface, and I'll add you to our development mailing list.

14. Crash757

Crash757 King

I've made a simple new scenario for TAM, check the link in my sig :)

15. thamis

thamis King of Kish

Cool thanks. Great scenario. Persia is in the wrong starting location though.

I'd remove a few civs, such as Dacia, Lydia, and Kolchis. Cities with starting locations next to each other don't really work well.

We'll include it in the next TAM version.

16. Crash757

Crash757 King

^$&#, i spent much time comparing those damn maps... :wallbash: St*pid google giving out crappy maps :wallbash:

Depends on gameplay preferences, i'd like to play more concentrating on diplomacy, so i like more civs on map, 'cause it adds more intrigue :p But for expansionists, of course, less civs are better ;)

Anyway, edit the scenario as u wish, though i'll keep the "crowded" version crowded :p

*edit*
    Also, i'm planning to make one experimental scenario based on TAM about Rome... but it will take me more time to make (not a conversion) and more time for testing (because of experimental gameplay type), so i dunno when it'll be finished.... :crazyeye:

17. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I'd love to see 24 civ version of TAM Huge map in next version if possible...I know that I keep bringing it up....It's just that Carthage is so alone except for her hated enemy across the med...Same goes for Persia...

P.S. I am an expansionist.

18. smooth operator

smooth operator Chieftain

Hello all,

Any plans to integrate Dale's combat mod into this great mod?

Thanks!

19. thamis

thamis King of Kish

Yes, thinking about it. But probably not too soon.

20. Dux_

Dux_ Warlord