The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Me and my friend have downloaded the latest version of TAM and both have a problem with the Thrace civilization...

whenever we try to select it in the singleplayer or multiplayer menu as our civ it crashes the entire game. Multiple installs and downloads have not fixed the problem, and seem to have ruled out the chance of the download being corrupted so far as I know.

The game is still playable, and enjoyable! But I was just curious if anyone has had/has this problem and knows how to solve it.

Well that explain a lot...

except how Thrace shows up in the civlopedia and when I play single or multiplayer "custom " games, we were not loading any of the pregenerated maps that come with the game. Anyway, thanks for solving the mystery.

Are you shure? :scan: I had there an "404 - Not found" - "URL requested (/TAM_v1.97.exe) not found" :(

But I have read that 1.98 will be out soon, right? :confused: So I will wait. ;)

Darklor

God damn, I love this mod. It's the best there is. What a shame Thamis disapeared.... :(

I'm not dead... Just working on a different game (professionally now). :)

I still check in here sometimes, and I'm thinking of playing TAM again soon!

Don't despair, Laurino has made the first version of 1.98, and it's being playtested right now.
HE LIVES!!! STAY AWAY FROM MY BRAINS YOU UNDEAD UNHOLY BEAST!!!

Hey awesome mod! Some suggestions for the future:
- the religion icons beside a city's name are all wrong (all have a star as if all cities were holy cities and holy cities have mixed up icons)
- I'd like to play an already developed scenario (with cities, improvements,...), not start from scratch.
- Stronger heroes!
- horse archer has a strength of 5 and h.h.archer 4 - shouldn't it be the other way around? 'heavy' usually means stronger
- add some interesting ancient and medieval music and remove all other soundtracks (they don't really fit in the picture)
- remove the aqueduct being displayed on the map - it really corrupts the view (or make it a lot smaller)
- make certain wonders avaiable only for certain kingdoms - i.e. the sphinx and the pyramids should be only available for Egypt, the tower of babel and hanging gardens only for Hammurabi etc. it would make the game more historically accurate.
- roman city names aren't displayed properly (you get TEXT_...._ROMA instead of just the name = Roma)

otherwise great work!!!

Me and my friend have downloaded the latest version of TAM and both have a problem with the Thrace civilization...

whenever we try to select it in the singleplayer or multiplayer menu as our civ it crashes the entire game. Multiple installs and downloads have not fixed the problem, and seem to have ruled out the chance of the download being corrupted so far as I know.

The game is still playable, and enjoyable! But I was just curious if anyone has had/has this problem and knows how to solve it.

@ wayeward

the Thracian leader is missing an Art_Defines entry for the leaderhead in XML. It's an easy fix (I just added to the XML and linked LEADER_THRACE to the unused Ashurbanipal leaderhead in the Art folder).

To the Designers: I enjoyed this MOD from it's earlier releases. Thanks for providing a nice MOD for this period. Great work.

Top Bottom