• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The avengers

Captain America did his share too. He helped save innocents from being killed. Hawkeye also knocked Loki out of the air so he could get incapacited by the Hulk, and Black Widow did help shut down the portal.

Captain was also, well, the captain of the team. He (besides Thor) is really the only one there with experience leading a group into a battle, so his job besides saving civilians on the ground was to lead the Avengers.

So how would The Avengers compare to a great movie like The Dark Knight? That's the greatest superhero film I've ever seen.

Two different movies, I wouldn't compare the two.

TDK was flawed in different ways.

Just saw it today, was mightily impressed. Of course, I was always going to like this movie because Joss Whedon... Buffy is probably my favorite television show of all time, so I'm not exactly unbiased. But it exceeded even my biased expectations. I still couldn't quite get over replacing Ed Norton as Bruce Banner, but the new guy did a good enough job that I will deal with it as long as it's an ensemble cast. Just don't ask me to support a new standalone Hulk movie with him and we'll be cool.

That said, I didn't love EVERY aspect of the movie. I think Loki's motivations were a bit thin. You can see Amazing Villain Island without a telescope from where this movie is, but they didn't explore him quite enough to get all the way there. Throughout the entire last fight, I kept thinking "Why the hell isn't Stark calling Colonel Rhodes to get in on this? I think he'd want in?" they probably should have at least thrown in an offhand comment somewhere explaining his absence. A little more explanation on how exactly Thor got to Earth again would have been nice. But these are small concerns overall, nitpicks from a dude who has never in his life been able to see only the good without feeling obligated to point out the bad along with it.

The only real question I have remaining at this point is when is the next one coming out and will Joss Whedon be behind the helm again?

Also would like to see another standalone Iron Man movie, make it happen Marvel Studios!

Also would like to see another standalone Iron Man movie, make it happen Marvel Studios!

Never fear, Iron Man 3 is in the works. They're working on a Captain America sequel as well.

Excellent news. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is probably the best casting decision made in the last decade or so IMO ;).

"The humans cannot be ruled because they are unruly..."

[Earlier on, not shown on screen]

"OK everyone, so the plan is to randomly kill as many civilians as possible. We will make no attempt to have them surrender or yield to us - just keep blasting them at random. If it looks like we are dominating their military, then again, just keep massacring civilians. Any questions?"

Excellent news. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is probably the best casting decision made in the last decade or so IMO ;).
It was also the best thing to happen to Downey's previously faltering carreer.

Sure, but Holmes was after Iron Man, and somehow I doubt he would've gotten the role without it.

It was ok i guess. Tho there are a lot better superhero movies out there.

This movie managed to feature some of the most boring superheroes i've seen.
Iron man - boring, just like in his previous movies; (at least he's funny tho)
Hulk - invincible yet unstable, doesn't get any more boring than this;
Captain america - invincible yet stable, can throw a shield - so 50% more complex than the hulk
Thor - was cool, i really should see that movie with him
Loki - ok i guess, but kinda lame in the end (no epic boss fight)
Romanof chick - i like redheads
Archer guy - was cooler than most others in the movie
Nick Fury - awsome because Samuel L. Jackson

They could've made the movie worse tho, they could've added Spider man.

So as for better superhero movies, most that don't feature the above boring characters.

Don't mean to butt in, but seeing as how I was going to say exactly the same thing...don't say Batman Begins or TDK.

TDK is very valid as an option for a better superhero film.

Although I find them in two totally different genres and cannot be compared as to which one is "better".

Personally I have trouble even seeing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight as superhero movies. It diverges from the norms of that genre too much. If you took the funny costumes away from the characters I reckon nobody would even think these are superhero movies.

Why should I listen to someone who can't get the character right, it is Agent Romanov, since she is Russian? I just don't see your criticism of the movie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Avengers_(2012_film)#Cast
"Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow"
Epic fail, but that was expected.
He lives in Romania, give him a pass.
I guess i'm not indoctrinated to like captain america&co at a young age or smthing. Still haven't seen any criticism to what i said.

Top Bottom