The Awesome Starts Collection

Thats the best start I have ever seen. Like wtf. Obviously there's the 4 gems, 2 gold, 2 green riverside ivory, a wet corn and a flood plain. But you also have 13/20 workable squares as riverside (and FIN), the capital is on a river, 3 green hills for when one needs hammers and 9 forest tiles for when one wants hammers asap.

Please tell me horse, copper or iron didnt pop in that one free square in the NW because I would probably have to wet my pants.

While it's an outrageous start for sure the rest of the game could easily spiral out of control and unforseen circumstances could make the game a nightmare. That's how things go in Civ.

I'd wish that more players would join the Gauntlet.
If it were a standard map on standard speed I'd be more keen to play. Just personal preference Seraiel - Marathon and Huge (or even large) are settings I avoid like the plague.

Good luck to everyone involved!!

Something is too big for the king? ;) :D

The map is definitely gigantic. Thought I had found the edge of the world, and then there is another world, with still no end in sight. The amount of cities the winner will get on that map.... good grief :eek2:

Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Start is a bit poor on food, might have to farm some grasslands even.

I got a new awesome start with 4 Gems, Crabs (also 3 :commerce: tile) a River, Wet Corn and Forrests, the Settler is even placed near the ocean and only few coastal tiles. Settings Huge + Marathon + Inca + Big & Small. Forgot that the Start also has Banans, so tripple Food 4 Gems River Forests Coastal, what does @Kaitzilla want to write to this?

Attachments

• Hua_Dei_Hug_Big_Mar_Anc_4000-BC_Ari_Low_Jan-19-2021_01-01-47_67_1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    137 KB · Views: 30
Looks sweeeet. (Although I'm not a big fan of coastal starts in general).

Presumably this was for the Hall of Fame in some shape, and you posted the save here. Therefore I wonder what happened that caused the game to be aborted? Too many AI hill cities or something?

Will post this here. It looked awesome, and I crossed fingers and toes for enough food.
Spoiler :
Sha_Dei_Sta_Bor_Epi_Anc_4000-BC_Tro_Hig_Oct-29-2020_16-03-06_152_9.jpg

It was for the Challenge Series 22-04 game (Deity, Boreal, Conquest). There was decent food, but not enough. The city could work 4 or 5 Gems, and another city the 6th. But it couldn't grow (despite farming the few grasslands, which is rare in itself on this mapscript). And the game went kinda astray. Killed Elizabeth with HAs early-ish, but didn't see a clear way to continue, so it was on the backburner for a while. Then Anysense posted a clearly superior game, so I gave up on this one. The series ends in a week, so this won't be completed.

Attachments

• Sha_Dei_Sta_Bor_Epi_Anc_4000-BC_Tro_Hig_Oct-29-2020_16-03-06_152_9.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.5 KB · Views: 34
I got a new awesome start with 4 Gems, Crabs (also 3 :commerce: tile) a River, Wet Corn and Forrests, the Settler is even placed near the ocean and only few coastal tiles. Settings Huge + Marathon + Inca + Big & Small. Forgot that the Start also has Banans, so tripple Food 4 Gems River Forests Coastal, what does @Kaitzilla want to write to this?

@Fippy , @lymond - Got a WB save real quick? BUFFY is being stubborn with my game install, again...

@Fippy , @lymond - Got a WB save real quick? BUFFY is being stubborn with my game install, again...

Save has Lock Modified Assets on, so no WB save is possible here. Are you having trouble opening the save or trouble running BUFFY? If you are having trouble opening the save then that is likely an assets problem. Make sure you don't have any unusual assets active like the BULL DLL.

If you are having trouble running BUFFY then I will need more info. Steam version?

Save has Lock Modified Assets on, so no WB save is possible here. Are you having trouble opening the save or trouble running BUFFY? If you are having trouble opening the save then that is likely an assets problem. Make sure you don't have any unusual assets active like the BULL DLL.

If you are having trouble running BUFFY then I will need more info. Steam version?

Ah, no need to go through this again. You went through this whole process with me about two years ago, and at the end of it you or someone else posted a full version of the game for me because we both knew it basically wasn't piracy considering I have the game and getting "your" install would just have the effect of making this save work. I'll go dig for that, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to, hence why I asked for the WB file first.

Ah, no need to go through this again. You went through this whole process with me about two years ago, and at the end of it you or someone else posted a full version of the game for me because we both knew it basically wasn't piracy considering I have the game and getting "your" install would just have the effect of making this save work. I'll go dig for that, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to, hence why I asked for the WB file first.
Oh :lol:....yep..had forgotten bout that, but found our convo easily by Googling it. I would not bother going through that again. In part, I was working through things myself as recently moving to Steam version plus my HOF responsibilities.

It could be something very simple.

Has your installation changed for any reason since that time? Are you running any other mods?
(Keep in mind that given all things the same, we basically have the same assets and I can open Cereal's save)

Top Bottom