1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The best CIV player

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Cyborg T, Jul 7, 2015.

?

Who is the best CIV player of all times?

1. kossin

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. BiC

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Duckweed

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. someone else

29 vote(s)
    69.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Manco Capac

Manco Capac Friday,13 June,I Collapse

:beer:

And Drew is still fat...it seems.
    [offtopic]

2. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

And so is Tachywaxon :king:

Spoiler :
    aka Manco Capac

3. Seraiel

Seraiel If you want anything from I please ask in German

Not sure if you're right with that analysis Tachy. Doshin is a micromanagement-god and he has played some of the most impressing games I've seen. I think goal-oriented play is something that can be learned, and it's very hard to beat someone that knows his goals and simply has more of something at all times.

4. Robert FIN

Robert FIN Monty n' Roll

Hehehe :lol:!!! Hahaha :lol:!!! Currently 44% of people think that either kossin or Born in Cantaloupe or Duckweed is the best Civ IV player. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against these guys and I know that they are really top tier players but I just find the numbers kinda funny :)

I don't know why I even answered the topic as I'm no-one good enough to rank these elite players but I give my vote to Seraiel. He has been successful in HoF games, he has played some of the best games (Replay -series). However that is not the reason why he is the best. He spends really much time to analyze games for other people and helps them to get better and I think that if he can help the others he must be very good player as he can spot the problems. He is the most active player and that is something we can't forget to count as a big +.

5. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Seriael is just the only one that still posts here. The rest achieved godhood and left us.

6. Seraiel

Seraiel If you want anything from I please ask in German

TY Robert FIN! I'll double my efforts to help other players for a week because of this :thumbsup: .

7. Testhero

Testhero Warlord

Wow I can't believe anyone did QuatroMaster on settler difficulty let alone 57 people!

8. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Do we have a working definition of 'best'?

9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You get credit for the levels you play at below the one you chose, for example a game at Noble will also count for Warlord, Chieftain and Settler.

10. Zavior

Zavior Trying to (b)eat deity

The fact that the poll is missing both DaveMcW and UnconqueredSun makes the poll completelely worthless.. We stand on the top of the giants, remember?

11. BornInCantaloup

BornInCantaloup Agent of Chaos

Of course, I don't think anybody takes this poll very seriously :)

The hierarchy between the three named player is well respected, however.

Now give me some shoulders !! :lol:

12. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

Necro!!!

Anyways, Snaaty because he managed to get to the highest skill and Unconquered Sun because he made probably the greatest leap in this game to make it easy for the rest of us; he has the largest legacy, I'd say but even his name doesn't stand test of time.

Also, all the code divers who taught us all the abuses.

13. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

14. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Well i cannot give enuf credit to Kossin, who offered all for learning players :)
    His bullpen with detailed stuff, Cookbooks, links to useful info about Civ mechanics.
    Always friendly & helpful.

Not much value in such threads imo, but thought i write that down.
    Would be great if he "returns" sometimes.

15. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Kos just one of the all-around best civfanatics ever. Learned tons from him..directly. I'm sure we'll see him around again

16. shakabrade

shakabrade Praise Vivec!

I learned the most from his Daily Rounds, although I joined 2-3 years after they were released. Took me a month to jump from Epic Emperor (prior discovering CFC) to Standard Normal Deity. Who knows how much time it would take to improve without such a source. His threads were probably the best compilations of game knowledge. Too bad that the screenshots are starting to go dead. For me, kossin is the greatest influencer out there, but I have strong personal bias.

17. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

His Emperor Cookbook's were something else. Gosh, I was so new and sucky around the time I joined in on those and learned quickly. Eventually he upped the cookbooks to IMM and Deity, and I would run a parallel cookbook on Emperor for other newbsters..using the same start. The board was so lively back then....sigh

18. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

Unconquered Sun.

19. SittinDown

SittinDown King Supporter

i think it's amazing that the boundaries of top-tier play keep getting pushed forward by WastinTime and Kaitzilla for a game that's been around this long and had this much attention put on it for so long.

this thread makes me want to go back and read the kossin stuff. to a forum noob, kossin's stuff is so buried at this point that I didn't even know it existed.

Serial's replays are great - and his write ups on the hybrid economy and city placement are the reason I started transitioning from a casual player around January 2016, and I'm now winning at emperor, and expect to be an immortal player soon.

i couldn't do that without this forum, and it's great contributors.

20. shpeka

shpeka Warlord

This!

Even though I should probably give some credit to UnconqueredSun, as my classmate and good friend. :lol: