The best CIV player

Who is the best CIV player of all times?

• kossin

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • BiC

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Duckweed

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • someone else

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
Nonono, it was Unconquered Sun. (got to support my old classmate) :D

Seriously - the choices in the poll are way too few. And seems we have such a poll every 5 years or so. Nice.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=366443

My 5c? I personally like kossin - for his meticulous playstyle and for his contributions to the community - his game writeups are probably the best you can get your hands on.

Ah yes, Attacko was the name I was looking for.

Seriously, though, there are so many great players, especially if one goes back to the beginning (I'm sure many are not active any more), and it must be hard to pick one that is above the rest.

Oh, I don't know, I like that list :rolleye:
What's the big commotion about, anyway ? A duckling will come on top... what's not to like ?
This isn't Starcraft : Broodwar, nothing serious there.

I have to say, among those 3 dudes, BIC certainly has the better taste in music.

Link to video.

(kidding)

Oh, I don't know, I like that list :rolleye:
What's the big commotion about, anyway ? A duckling will come on top... what's not to like ?
This isn't Starcraft : Broodwar, nothing serious there.

I have to say, among those 3 dudes, BIC certainly has the better taste in music.
(kidding)

That song has exactly 4 chords. First I thought it were only 2, because the 1st strophe went on like forever, especially with him starting somewhere past the 30s barrier, but then he surprised me, by throwing 2 additional ones that almost sounded like the first two in at the chorus.

I know this is usual for today's music, some of Alicia Key's best songs manage with 3 chords in total, but if J. S. Bach or W. A. Mozart had heard that song, they'd probably have fallen asleep before the song would have even reached the chorus ^^ .

Seraiel is also a great player.

Unfortunately he no longer plays Civ IV and has concentrated his efforts on a game called HoF. :p

Neither mentioning Doshin, Kaitzilla and WastinTime makes this poll slightly superflous.

Wrong. I think you mean the opposite of superfluous.

Not mentioning TMIT or Seraiel?

Who are TMIT and Seranoob? Some guy who didn't open borders and had to make a thread all about where his trade routes were? :p

Who are TMIT and Seranoob? Some guy who didn't open borders and had to make a thread all about where his trade routes were? :p

At least I use the whip ^^ .

Certainly great players :)

But then HoF and SP is a special form of playing the game, and there are probably other players that are excellent at multiplayer as well. And some are better at certain games than others. For instance, I've heard that bcool is a great space colony player, which he has shown time and again, including in the current G-Major. In short, in reply to this thread, I think it's difficult to tell that one player or the other is "the best".

Nice plug too :D

At least I use the whip ^^ .

But I also play with events on, which makes slavery the worst civic in the game.

And I dislike sacrificing my population for RP reasons on top.

But I also play with events on, which makes slavery the worst civic in the game.

And I dislike sacrificing my population for RP reasons on top.

I also play with events, and the city-revolt that occurs from time to time is a pain in the but, but Slavery is simply way too important to miss out on it. Last time I RP'ed is more than 10y ago, I understand that it makes fun to RP in CIV.

I don't link this, because I'm ranking in 3rd place, but because many players still don't seem to be aware, how much an achievement it is to be ranked here. This list ofc. is not the list of the best CIV-players of all times, but to achieve it, over 50 Deity-games are needed, basically the whole game with all possible options is requested to have been successfully played if wanting to be on that list. Not seeing even one player of that list being an option in this poll seems somehow wrong imo. .

Top Bottom