The best music video

Ptolemy

Chieftain
A too cold place right now!!!Denmark, Odense, Euro
I have seen 1000s and 1000s of music videos and I have still not seen any video that made me think wouw! And so far I have only experienced that a video could spoil a great song and not the other way round.

I would like to know if any of you have tried to see a really great music video but most of all I would like to hear what your favourite music video is and why.

Right Now- Van Halen.

And the "Sunscreen Song". Boz "somethingorther" (No idea):)

Both very nicely done, and they made you think a bit past the music.

Recently I have been 'wowed' by System Of A Down's chop suey video, I thought it really captured the spirit of the song well:goodjob:

Here are some of my faves; (In no specific order, of course)

Rock the Casbah -The Clash
2 Minutes to Midnight -Iron Maiden
Aces High -Iron Maiden
People are People -Depeche Mode
Swastika Eyes -Primal Scream
Heart Shaped Box -Nirvana
Push It -Garbage
Ace of Spades -Motorhead
Iron Horse -Motorhead
Greed -Varga
Wood Goblins -TAD

I can't really explain WHY i like these videos, i guess you'll have to see em' for yourself.

;)

let me see, i´m problary forgeting a couple or more...

clash - london calling, they are so damn cool in the rain.

massive attack - unfinished sympathy, fantastic light and videos with walking artist are cool.

guitar wolf - jet generation, coooooool. futuristic jets in godzilla style with japanese rockabilly punk rockers.

radiohead - street spirit, white horses in slow motion and stuff.

avalanches - since i left you, i love to see the fat miner dance.

aphex twin - come to daddy, problary the best video ever. i mean the horror, the horror:eek: . window licker is cool too.

i also like smashing pumpkins - disarm for some reason.

I always loved the TOOL videos. They're so unique. And that one Aphex Twin video with the wierd looking guy screaming at the old lady was kick ass too.

Originally posted by BlueMonday
And that one Aphex Twin video with the wierd looking guy screaming at the old lady was kick ass too.
yeah, that´s 'come to daddy'.

Best I ever saw was Micheal Jackson's "Thriller"

Great song, fantastic dancing and interesting story (it's like 12 minutes long).

Funniest one I ever saw was Diamond David Lee Roth's "Just a gigilo", which mocked music videos from that era, and is still funny as hell (The electrocution of Billy Idol is still funny in it!)

Most of the current stuff is just boring and repetitive.

I find most music videos very boring. Especially ones that show the band 'playing'.

Rap videos, despite the deplorable music, are usually loaded with eye-candy that keep me interested for a few minutes :eek: [pimp]

For all of you "old-school" music video fans, I give you

*fanfare*

MY VERY BEST:

David Bowie - "Ashes To Ashes" (1980)

The Cars - "You Might Think" (1984)

Duran Duran - "Rio" (1982)

Prince - "Raspberry Beret" (1985)

Men At Work - "Down Under" (1982)

Eurythmics - "Sweet Dreams" (1983)

2 Unlimited! (All of their clips that were in the top 10 over 10 years... Over 15 of them!)

Ok... I'll shut-up now... But she was HOT!

morgasshk.

P.O.D. - Alive <- Has a good story behind it, a must for Chrisitan Music, plus it is shown on MTV so it has all the eye candy (excluding sex and un-Christian like stuff - You will see crashes and explosions though)

Better - The Screaming Jets
Zombie - The Cranberries
mmmbop - Hanson;) :D
Faster - George Harrison
I Want Candy - Aaron Carter ;)
Ridiculous Thoughts - The Cranberries (eye candy:p )
Strawberry Fields - The Beatles
Free as a Bird - The Beatles

One will probably watch a bit more of the electric television in order to further this selection.

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Best I ever saw was Micheal Jackson's "Thriller"

Great song, fantastic dancing and interesting story (it's like 12 minutes long).

Most of the current stuff is just boring and repetitive.
I can agree with that fully. ;) Smooth Criminal is also fantastic! There they dance even better, almost impossible. What you also see in the new videos is that they almost never take shots longer than 2 seconds. But in Smooth Criminal some shots just take 30 seconds and there is no error!

Other videoclips I favour (from best to least best):
Genesis - Land Of Confusion
Guns 'n Roses - November Rain (I get shivers ever time I see it, still!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun (as weird as the song)
Metallica - Unforgiven II ("nightmarish", if you know what I mean)
Metallica - The Memory Remains (just funny)
Limb Bizkit - Break Stuff (also funny)

Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam
Music by Madonna (ALI!!)
Peaches by PUSA
Let Forever Be by The Chemical Brothers
Aerodynamic by Daft Punk
Sunday Morning by No Doubt (Gwen Steffani) :love:
Freedom by Rage Against the Machine
Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden

Originally posted by Whiskey Priest
Do The Evolution by Pearl Jam

that one gets my vote for best ever...Completely original and mind-blowing music video

Van Halen - Right Now. The video actually adds to the song, which for me to say is amazing.

Also an early one called Take on Me. I forget who sings it, but the combination of story and animation is great. If you've seen it, you know which one I'm talking about.

Syste of a down- chop suey!
Linkin Park- In the End, One Step Closer and Crawling

those are some great videos!

Shakiras video whenever wherever is nice.... "my breasts arent big theyre small and humble so you dont confuse them with mountains" i believe it goes..........

Top Bottom