The biggest Civ 6 Fanatics in 2022 (Steam only)

AntSou

Deity
Steam now has one of those end of year "wrap ups" like Spotify. So Steam players can quantify their Civ fanaticism. :p

I'll start!
steamach.png

Doesn't track actual hours for whatever reason.

I admit my commitment is questionable, but you can see I try to make up for it during the holiday seasons. Also, the cut-off point in December is the 14th. But I've been playing since the 18th for 10 days straight!

NGL, I thought I'd have unlocked more achievements :blush:

You can find yours in the tab New & Noteworthy -> Steam Replay 2022

I think January and July are the official "games-I-buy-on-sale-and-never-play-again" months.

I thought this one was rather funny.
lol.PNG

Translation: 0% This is how many percent of the games you played were new games released in 2022.

I apparently played Civ for only 16% of the time. I have been busy playing other games.
(More than 55% of my time was for Spellforce which I find surprising as there is a JRPG I thought I played a lot more.)

civ2022_1.png
civ2022_2.png
civ2022_3.png
civ2022_4.png

you can really see how humankind ate into my civ-playing time in june and july, and how pokemon legends: arceus ate into my steam-game-playing time in february and march. also final fantasy 14 free trial took up a lot in august. tbh my dedication to civ is a lot more consistent than i had thought, theres much less of a sudden jump up than i predicted would be there when the leader pass leaders started dropping

Last edited:
Context for these figures: I play on marathon almost exclusively.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

My Civ time (and general gaming time) is clearly on the decline. I'll be interested to see if it bounces back in the year to come. Handheld mode made a long AC Odyssey playthrough really enjoyable, enough that I'll be interested to try Valhalla. Meanwhile, in my favorite broad genre of strategy, EUIV has been holding my attention better most of the year.
Screenshot_20221227_201404_Steam.jpg

I'm guessing it only keeps track if you are in online mode? I'll have to check when I get home. I sometimes feel self coscious about how much I play, so I prefer to play in offline mode most of the time.

Civ6 is my most played game on Steam...but it's less than 1% of my play time this year. :lol: (We have a lot of history nerds here so may I just say I can't recommend Pentiment highly enough? Best game I have played in many, many, many years.)
1672242899051.png

1672243840439.png

My total playtime for all games I have.

1672243874113.png

And my achievements and playtime for Civ 6 ever since started getting back into the game. :D

Top Bottom