The Case Against Hyuana Cupac

:popcorn:

Um.... can you be more specific about your opening? (Settle on grassland riverside pigs). I believe you make some calculations when you do such a thing. Share with us? ;)

(Settle on grassland riverside pigs).
Well, doing so gives you +1 Food in your City Centre, so it's not completely wasting the Resource. Also, this way, you can potentially delay researching Animal Husbandry because who needs a Pasture, right?

Finally, I'd rather settle on a Grassland Pig square than accidentally settle on a Grassland Horse square. At least in the former case, you will get a minor bonus to your City's Centre square. To add to this point: since there can only be one Resource on a square, you won't accidentally settle on a Grassland Horse square if you settle on a visible Resource! ;) So, you really can extend the delay of researching Animal Husbandry until you can get it in trade.

Of course, I don't support Flash since Macromedia (Adobe) tracks every user's view of Flash content, so I have disabled Flash support in my browsers and thus I am unable to view the video and am completely speculating just based on the clues that you gave. If nothing else, you may want to reconsider any viewing habits that you have of "questionable content" over Flash media--that is, if you care that your views of any such questionable content gets tracked, info that is likely to be later sold to Google or other advertisement companies.

I'd wish AZ good luck, but with Huayna, that would be overkill. ;)

Of course, I don't support Flash since Macromedia (Adobe) tracks every user's view of Flash content, so I have disabled Flash support in my browsers and thus I am unable to view the video and am completely speculating just based on the clues that you gave. If nothing else, you may want to reconsider any viewing habits that you have of "questionable content" over Flash media--that is, if you care that your views of any such questionable content gets tracked, info that is likely to be later sold to Google or other advertisement companies.

Well then, this is for you: http://www.youtube.com/html5

However, it should be noted that Youtube is owned by Google. :p

Yes pigs for hills. I saw at least 3 hills in start location. Riverside Pigs - 6f/1c tile - among the best tiles in game, we trade it to get 2 tiles 4h/1c each (and yes we get 1F in central tile). Were we that low on production and sacrificing 3F was necessary? May be that was optimal move, I'd just like to hear you opinion on such an unorthodox move.

Nice video to watch and something to think about.
:goodjob: as always.

Granaries have a chance of not being destroyed and turning into culture producing terraces when you capture cities?

Definitely a little oversight there...

Granaries have a chance of not being destroyed and turning into culture producing terraces when you capture cities?

Definitely a little oversight there...

That's another little benefit they gave the Inca. It appears to go (1) destroy all culture producing buildings, then (2) change buildings to/from unique buildings. Voila - instant culture! Don't know if it's an oversight, but it does give something more to the Inca. It seems if I do a late-game inca conquest I get free terraces all over the place.

That's another little benefit they gave the Inca. It appears to go (1) destroy all culture producing buildings, then (2) change buildings to/from unique buildings. Voila - instant culture! Don't know if it's an oversight, but it does give something more to the Inca. It seems if I do a late-game inca conquest I get free terraces all over the place.

Well captured wonders lose their culture output so it's definitely another perk for the Inca.

Does that mean no cities conquered from HC will ever have a Granary?

^ No, it doesn't mean that. It means that the Inca are one of only two civs who can capture a building that produces culture. Granaries are not automatically destroyed since they are not usually culture buildings.

Bonus points for anybody who can name the other civ that can capture a culture-producing building.

Spoiler :
It's Greece, the Odeon gives culture too. You could also argue for the French Salon since there is a free artist with it.

I think it's most but not all culture buildings are destroyed. Some remain (e.g. the academy captured in Washington this game) but if they do they are stripped of their culture. Same as wonders.

Yes pigs for hills. I saw at least 3 hills in start location. Riverside Pigs - 6f/1c tile - among the best tiles in game, we trade it to get 2 tiles 4h/1c each (and yes we get 1F in central tile). Were we that low on production and sacrificing 3F was necessary? May be that was optimal move, I'd just like to hear you opinion on such an unorthodox move.

Nice video to watch and something to think about.
:goodjob: as always.

I was going oracle with no chopping so I needed the production from those hills. Also needed to grow toward happy cap ASAP so I could work those hills, hence the settle on food. I wasn't going to get AH till fairly late anyway.

I think it's most but not all culture buildings are destroyed. Some remain (e.g. the academy captured in Washington this game) but if they do they are stripped of their culture. Same as wonders.

Nope, all standard culture buildings are always destroyed, as well as barracks/other military buildings. Everything else has a chance of surviving.

Wonders always survive but lose their culture output. I might be wrong, but I think that also applies to national wonders so the academy captured in Washington would only give the science boost and no culture.

I have to agree that Huayna Capac is one of the strongest leaders in this game. Useful UU, very good UB, and his trait combination is excellent. There doesn't seem to be much weakness in his game. Very good show AZ.

Really enjoyable game so far.

I lolled a lot ,when Lincolns archer
Spoiler :
razed your city the second time, and that was 2 turns AFTER you had talked about the smoothness of saving your promos on the Swordsman until after you killed the archer, then let hes companion do hes thing freely :lol:
I have to say, I have the uttermost respect for you, not reloading/worldbuilder repair the incident. I always do that, when stuff like that happens in my games :goodjob:

Eagerly awaiting next segment

Top Bottom