The CFC World of Warcraft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Shattering is today and you don't have to get Cataclysm to see all the new stuff. Although you need it for flying in Azeroth, Goblins and Worgen.

I will wait a while before getting the xpack. The first few months are going to be server-breaking (at least on my main server, going by experience).

Probably never a better time to start playing imo, started a new alt to see the new 1-60 stuff, and it's pretty awesome. Also, super cheap. ;) US, EU promotion!

Yes I deleted my two level 40 characters and restarted two on each side. Orgrimmar is amazing!

Questing in general is pretty amazing now, when compared to previous. Started a dwarf mage last night and it was fun. :)

dwarf mage :crazyeye: I don't think I'll ever get used to that. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of these race/class changes.

Apparently dwarf mage existed way back during the beta for vanilla, but it was removed. ;)

The new questing is also extremely fast, and just flows nicely from zone to zone. I actually dropped my +xp heirloom pieces so I don't outlevel zones heh.

Dwarf mages possible now? would be both awesome and fitting if they could conjure beer instead of water hehe :)

started playing at 00:45 game time logging off now 5:50 at level 82. NEED SLEEP (unfortunately) :D

Well, here...we...go...!

I only have two level 80s, BE Priest and Orc DK. Last couple of nights, took a look a elitistjerks to see which DPS spec is hot for DK right now....looks like both Unholy and Frost doing better DW now. Interesting.

Havent looked into the priest changes that much yet. Prior to changes was running Disc main. Any experienced priests out there with recommendations?

One of the things I do want to do today is start up a Gobbo. Havent decided what class however. Thinking either rogue, mage or warlock (would go shammy but I got a level 50 orc I have been leveling off/on for a bit). Any advice?

I made a worgen this morning just to check out the character creation... only had 10 minutes before leaving for work so it was brief, but they're looking pretty sharp. Haven't tried a female one though, I think they looked a little less cool. Still need to peep the goblins, I won't likely play one myself (can't do the shorties) but I'm curious to see how they look in creation.

A bunch of friends and guildies are already 82-83ish. If I log in tonight after work, I'm expecting to see people already capped at 85... not even 24 hours after release. Sort of disturbing, that.

I made a worgen this morning just to check out the character creation... only had 10 minutes before leaving for work so it was brief, but they're looking pretty sharp. Haven't tried a female one though, I think they looked a little less cool. Still need to peep the goblins, I won't likely play one myself (can't do the shorties) but I'm curious to see how they look in creation.

A bunch of friends and guildies are already 82-83ish. If I log in tonight after work, I'm expecting to see people already capped at 85... not even 24 hours after release. Sort of disturbing, that.

But that always happens.

I kind of wonder how a Gobbie Warrior would look in full plate...

That might be cool.

Got to 81 in about 3 hours of dungeon grinding, then had to sleep due to work next day. Questing was pretty slow last night with the amount of people around, was also kind of laggy. Probably gonna dungeon grind some more with guildies and then head straight off to deepholm at 82.

But that always happens.

That doesn't make it any less disturbing! ;)

And yeah, saw quite a few [Realm First! So-And-So is the first level 85 shaman!] messages while leveling my new wolfman last night. I haven't even started leveling any of my 80s, will probably wait a bit and focus on alts for now.

The worgen origin questline and starting areas are a lot of fun. They did good. Granny with the rolling pin was hysterical. "UNHAND MY KITTY!!"

The amount of traffic in the starting zones and the accompanying rapid respawns is pretty rough, though - you'll down one mob and two more will appear in the exact same spot before the body hits the ground. That made for some unfortunate early deaths. :sad:

Oh, and if you are starting a worgen, you can transform from human to werewolf by typing "/transform," even before you get the Two Forms ability at level 10.

Uldum is quite possibly my favourite zone ever. Loving the whole ancient egypt feel and the harrison jones quests, as well as all the mini-cutscenes. Kind of hoping I can hit 85 before finishing the zone, about 75% of the way there atm! :)

Down to only a couple ICC pieces left, for both holy and ret too.

Uldum is quite possibly my favourite zone ever. Loving the whole ancient egypt feel and the harrison jones quests, as well as all the mini-cutscenes. Kind of hoping I can hit 85 before finishing the zone, about 75% of the way there atm! :)

Down to only a couple ICC pieces left, for both holy and ret too.

And thats the most amazing and somewhat disturbing thing, how quickly an expansion renders what was previously the hardest gear in the game to get...obsolete?

I don't consider it disturbing at all, I expected it. It's all part of the gear reset from going back to the first raiding tier. Having level 80 gear last all the way into the first tier of raiding at 85 is really overpowered for those that acquired the best stuff at 80.

And ICC gear has been around for ages... people are tired of wearing and looking at them... :ack:

Though I think getting to 85 in mere days is just too fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom