The Civ V Expansion Wishlist

Okay a state that was actually a country:
Texas
Leader: Sam Houston
UU: Texas Ranger
UB: Astrodome
Ability: Power of Rodeo: Cows, Horses, +1:gold:

America is barely excuseable as a Civilization which is supposed to settle at 4,000 BC, let alone the very very short history of the little states that make it up.

Choose Civ's that actually existed for longer than a blink of the eye. Which ironically is the amount of time the Human Civilisation has existed compared to the history of the Universe.

I have played civilization since the first one that i was able to play on the mac (maybe 1 or 2 i dont really remember very well). The game has not changed much in each iteration i have played. Therefore, I have put together a rather long document describing the major additions that i think civ 5 should have to make it new again, while attempting to keep the original feel of the game. These additions would, ideally, add to the game's fun and breadth without adding too much to the micromanagement requirements and making the game "too big".
it breaks down to several major groups:
1. change the way resources work so that it takes more than one of a resource to make a civilization function and force a balance between construction and trade of the resources.
2. add administrative areas that alter maintenance and corruption, and help the player manage groups of cities at a time reducing micromanagement. these could be called states or provinces as that was their inspiration.
3. create supply units that must accompany units into enemy territory to prevent the combat unit from taking attrition damage each turn. units with the guerilla trait can operate independently from supply units.
4. a measure of each of the players power should be taken into account when the ai is dealing with diplomacy with another player. when the balance of power is in the ai's favor they become more condescending and overbearing, and depending on their aggressiveness, can demand more from the player than normal. when the balance of power is in the players favor, they become more conciliatory and more likely to accept more fair deals or even deals that might not be in their favor to placate the larger foe.
5. an extended timeline that forces each player to start with just a small group and then must research the ability to build settlements, and then extend all the way into the space age and beyond.
6. a bigger map. the biggest map for civ 5 should be 4 times the size and have 4 times the detail of the civ 4 huge map. This would allow for more realistic sizes.
7. the biggest addition i think would be to add a space layer that can be used for combat exploration and commerce. This is not like the space layer from civ call to power though.

i have worked out most of the details for the space aspect of the equation, i.e. the equations of motion for orbits, and such. but mostly the document attached is just an outline of ideas.

Attachments

• New features civ 5 should have.doc
    54 KB · Views: 59
America is barely excuseable as a Civilization which is supposed to settle at 4,000 BC, let alone the very very short history of the little states that make it up.

Choose Civ's that actually existed for longer than a blink of the eye. Which ironically is the amount of time the Human Civilisation has existed compared to the history of the Universe.

Grow a sense of humor?

I would also like to put forward a motion to change a civ on the list, North Carolina, or to at least show my take, regardless of whether you like it, from what is perhaps a slightly less silly perspective:
North Carolina
Terry Sanford (Who actually governed our state, as opposed to Blackbeard)
UU: Backwoods Southern Lawyers (replaces Spy)
UB: Barbeque Pit (replaces theatre)
Ability: Immigration (people from the North come here)

That's all.

Bayern
König Ludwig II
UU: Schützen (replaces Musketmen)
UB: Bräuhaus (replaces theatre)
Ability: Bayerische Löwen

The Aliens
Spoiler :
Leader: Klaatu
UU: Gort (immune to all weapons)
UU: Flying Saucer (immune to all weapons)
UB: Area 51 (produces Gorts and Flying Saucers)
Favors: Pacifism, Attacks Users of Atomic Weapons

Who said Aliens play fair

NOTE: They are Pacifists, and won't attack unless they need to defend themselves or someone uses nuclear weapons.

As a American, I hate to agree with this. However your right for MOST of the games time span we would be covered under England. However in terms of effecting WORLD HISTORY, we do outrank some civs that make it in. Aztec, Inca, Iroquois Etc.

However by that logic, Germany should be taken out. After all Prussia is the foruner to that nation. But then Goths and other stepe people helped to settle none Roman Europe. Do we let the visagoths replace Spain, in a expansion pack?

Their is a balance in the game, Early civs and civs which have greatly effected world history. The Mongols by all right deserve to be in Civ 5 over say the Aztec. In terms of effecting world history. The truth is the America's produced one super power which was America. Not at all saying other nations and cultures from America. Be they imported in my case, or already thier say, Aztec. Don't deserve be in game. Of course they by all rights deserve to be.

The fact is America has always been in the series. It's more then likely the way it will always be. I would say the game should reflect regions of the world better. Africa has one civ this time, Songha.

EDIT: I FORGOT ABOUT EGYPT. SO TWO

I will hold off buying Civ V until there is an expansion that contains the Celts or Irish. I know there will be a Celtic minor civ, but until there's a version of the civ I can play, I won't bother with it.

As a American, I hate to agree with this. However your right for MOST of the games time span we would be covered under England. However in terms of effecting WORLD HISTORY, we do outrank some civs that make it in. Aztec, Inca, Iroquois Etc.

However by that logic, Germany should be taken out. After all Prussia is the foruner to that nation. But then Goths and other stepe people helped to settle none Roman Europe. Do we let the visagoths replace Spain, in a expansion pack?

Their is a balance in the game, Early civs and civs which have greatly effected world history. The Mongols by all right deserve to be in Civ 5 over say the Aztec. In terms of effecting world history. The truth is the America's produced one super power which was America. Not at all saying other nations and cultures from America. Be they imported in my case, or already thier say, Aztec. Don't deserve be in game. Of course they by all rights deserve to be.

The fact is America has always been in the series. It's more then likely the way it will always be. I would say the game should reflect regions of the world better. Africa has one civ this time, Songha.
I think America deserves to be in the game. They have greatly shaped modern (especially western) culture, with music and other arts and entertainments, science and technology and warfare. They are also the worlds only superpower, so yes, they deserve it a hell lot more than other nations, and they also deserve a spot separate from england.

I'd like to see it like this: since the Mongols ruled over China for a couple of hundred years, these two should be grouped together as one, either Chinese or Mongol, civ.

For a regular civ player, that sounds quite stupid (i know that mongolia is'nt in the game).

I think i read in another thread (maybe on another forum) that countries that was settled by other nations shouldn't have its own civ in this game, by that logic England(settled by Angles and Saxons in roman and celtic lands), Spain (setteled by Romans and later Visigoths in celtic land) and France (setteled by Romans and later Franks in Gaulish (Celtic) lands).

ALSO:
Africa has two civs (Egypt and Songhai).
One could also say that it has 8 civs, if counting Roman, Ottoman, English, Arabic, French and German domains and colonies.

Also, for the sake of me being Swedish:

Sweden
Gustavus Adolphus (Gustav II Adolf)
UU: Carolean(Like better, but more expensive musket, resulting in few numbers but an effective army a la 17th century Sweden)
UU: JAS Gripen (fighter plane or what ever)
OR
UU: Carolinean
UB: IKEA(more :commerce:)

UA: Dunno, if espionage were in the game id say "En Svensk Tiger" resulting in espionage penalty for the enemies.
Maybe I'll come up with something better

I'm all about NC as a civ, but I swear if the BBQ is that vinegar based crap I'm going to go ballistic.

BBQ sauce is ketchup based!!!

I will hold off buying Civ V until there is an expansion that contains the Celts or Irish. I know there will be a Celtic minor civ, but until there's a version of the civ I can play, I won't bother with it.

Why? You could just get a mod you know.

I think America deserves to be in the game. They have greatly shaped modern (especially western) culture, with music and other arts and entertainments, science and technology and warfare. They are also the worlds only superpower, so yes, they deserve it a hell lot more than other nations, and they also deserve a spot separate from england.

ALSO:
Africa has two civs (Egypt and Songhai).
One could also say that it has 8 civs, if counting Roman, Ottoman, English, Arabic, French and German domains and colonies.

Im not really suggesting America be taken out. But he is right we are a bit new to the history books, by comparison.

I forgot about Eygpt, thanks!

Finland
Leader: Kaarlo Juho Ståhlberg
UU: Hackapell
UB: Nokia Store
Power of Winter Warfare extra strength in ice and tundra

Top Bottom