The Classic Maya

They might not, I'm just guessing - it could equally be the Internet provider. But I'm not going to Google to find out! All media here is screened by the government, so you never know.

Yes, they do have some odd laws and rather strict punishments here, although no odder than in your country, and here they actually work, so it doesn't really impinge on daily life. I'm doing a PhD here, as you know, so it makes no different to me unless I decide to vandalise something!

Plotinus said:
Yes, they do have some odd laws and rather strict punishments here, although no odder than in your country, and here they actually work, so it doesn't really impinge on daily life.
About 10 years ago William Gibson wrote an article for Wired called "Disneyland with the Death Penalty".

I read it - pretty silly article, really, in my opinion. People have this idea that Singapore is some kind of cutesy totalitarian regime, a sort of real-life Village (the Patrick McGoohan one, not the M Night one!). But in reality, of course, it's nothing like that - it's pleasant, and the reason for that is that most of the laws are pretty sensible. Well, most of them. But I suspect this to be a threadjack of sorts.

Well, here's the request list from a couple pages ago:

The Last Conformist said:
Okay, here's a list ...

Small Wonder: Yajaw Maan
This is an effigy of the god K'awiil, mounted on some sort of pole so-that it can be carried along on campaigns. Pedica icons, city icon, and wondersplash needed.

Improvements - need pedia pics and city icons:
Altar (city icon done, but stand replacement or improvement)
Fortifications (pallisade and moat, I suppose)
Granary (low storage buildings - no silos!)
Harbour (a primitive harbour - gotta get rid of those cranes!)
Palisade (palisade without moat. City icon not necessary)
Putun Emporium (sea-side warehouses)
Zoomorph (a big slab of stone crudely shaped into an animal or animal head, covered with inscriptions and carvings)

Trai's since done the granary, and is working on the zoomorph. I'll probably use Plot's palisade for the Palisade, and modify it for the Fortifications.

Now you've really hurt my feelings!!
On a serious note however, I don't think I've seen those either. Anything good? - silly question, knowing Red!

Top Bottom