1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Coalition of the New

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Role Play & Games' started by Swissempire, Mar 10, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Deity

whip whip whip...yippeee. That will teach them to be angry.

Food for thought ...Look at the total numbers of votes...16 to 18 people could control this game. If enough people get fed up with something it could happen.

I am not advocating a block vote. Its a warning to both sides of the arguement...we need to work for a middle ground and dont let this turn into a us vs them thing. Otherwise one side is going to lose what control/influence they might have.

2. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Really it was in response to your Clueless new and Swissie's Aggresive Vetist comments. I'm trying to cool things off here Ravensfire.

In fact, if anything I think you two should edit your posts but I can't control that. It's each of your opinions.

3. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

I think you hit it dead on Ravensfire. We all love the DG and are showing it in every way we can. I feel i'm tryin to make it better. Obviously veryone here does.

As for the politness thing. I tried to be polite. I tried weeks of politeness. It didn't work. So i created this, which was supposed to be a polite way of saying "We're people too, so knock of the vetism". That didn't work, so (i can't speak for anyone but myself) I fought back.

As for the arguements arguement, i think all we are asking is for the chance to have those arguments, to experience the thrill of shaping something so great as a demogame. We want to have a chance to make our own mistakes, to have our own scandals and contraversies. Really its quite annoy when a good debate is going and some vet comes in and says "Ahh, no big deal, see DG3" or comes in with that been there, done that attitude. All i ask for is for this DG to be treated as the beginning of a new era, not the extension of an old one

4. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Mr. Idiot, i'm okay with being clueless:goodjob:

5. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

For the record, you can count me out from the people that openly pined for the days of DG3. The things that have ticked me off are (or should be) universal to all demogames. Just do the right thing, brothers and sisters.

If the right thing had been done, we would have a very popular new Chief Justice and little to no controversy at this point. Instead stubbornness prevailed and was applauded, and you know the rest.

I'll admit that I have been a bit stubborn myself of late, so I am going to take a step back toward middle ground. After all, that's usually where you will find me.

6. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

The wierd thing is, that could go either way. But in the interest of the demogame, i will hand in my soapbox. I will return to Boaring Wallow and sell ribbon with my father. "Ribbon, get your ribbon, Great for presents"

7. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I'm not taking sides in any of this. I just spammed this thread, thought it was funny, and kept spamming.

I agree with Swiss's comment that DG4 needs to be treated differently than DG3. Not only is it a different game, the laws we created are totally different. I don't like hearing about DG3, like you are trying to explain your actions not what we need to do next.

But I also realize that the people who were in DG3 have more experience in this type of thing. Plus, they formed bonds and know each other better than other people on the board. So they shouldn't be ignored.

Yes this is a dicotomy(sp?) that doesn't always go well together. But I will try my darndest to do it. This is the first election cycle I took previous DG experience into account. I made sure I voted for the same number of veterans as noobs.

8. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

The Demogame is a precious thing. Its a living breathing ever evolving thing that we must try to take care of. And while things got ugly for a while and will get ugly again, thats part of th ebeuaty of the demogame. That we can have giant arguments, ridcule and belittle others, and the next day calm down adn buy them a :beer: and put it all behind us.

Reminds of that song "Respect"

R-E-S-P-E-C-t?

We all want it, and hoepfully we should all get it. No one is better than anyone else. United we stand, divided we fall

9. robboo

robboo Deity

So I dont have to order my troops to kill the president and judiciary...

Dang it. They want to fight.

:)

10. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I will agree that what DZ originally said was wrong IMO, but I'd also like to point out that DZ has been publicly apologizing like crazy in multiple threads and no one is paying attention. I'm amazed he/she hasn't gotten upset yet. I understand everyone's anger, but is it that bad to hold on to for this long? Let it go people, please. DZ made one statement and has been apologizing like crazy. Accept it and move on. If he does it again (which I don't think he would) than I could understand the anger.

I realize, or am hoping, that discussion of a rebellion is everyone merely joking. But in all honestly it makes me think of dropping out of this political party. I joined this party as I thought it was to let the veterans know that I was a noob and needed advice and guidance while learning the game. I didn't realize it was a slam versus vets.

Please note none of the above is anger talking. Text doesn't do well in showing emotion, so instead I'll just say my emotion while writing this is me being tired. Please let things lie, and look at the fun of the game. We're all human and we make mistakes. I'm made a ton of them in my life and will make a ton more.

@DZ: I'm looking forward to playing with you fellow citizen. Keep up the good work and let's have fun!

11. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Agreed Methos. Donovan Zoi has made amends in my eyes.

I wish some of the other vets and noobs would cool off and focus on the big picture. There's a lot of work to be done and we are nowhere near our ultimate destiny.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

should just scrap the constitution and everyone just take a go at playing ;)

13. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

@ Methos, the rebllion is a joke or a roleplay thing. Not happening. But this isn't about just DZ, and while he made a apology, ablbeit a weak one, i respect him for that. As i explained, this party was formed only as a lat ditch effort, then it turned into semi-roleplaying, but THEN we had big argument.

This is about an attitude and trying to change it. I agree that DZ's comment wasn't more then maybe a little Passive Vetist, but thats it, And by making ameds, he is more of a man in my eyes. We should go back to having fun.

@Robboo, Call off the hits for now. But keep Target Duck in site;)

14. robboo

robboo Deity

@Swiss:
    axmen like duck....very good roasted over a nice open fire..mmm yummy.