The Cold War Deluxe; 1950-1991

cassa61 said:
Another small problem El Justo, the utility helicopter lacks the range to reach Antananarivo from Perth, and it can't be rebased to a collosus class carrier. Once again, is this by design or do I have to load them onto a transport before moving out of port?
cassa61,

i'm not sure. it has the 'rebase' flag and an op range of 3. i'm not sure how far the 'rebase' option allows you to go :confused:

i do know that you need an "Airport" in the city in order to 'rebase'.

Attachments

• TCWheli.JPG
    TCWheli.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 592
Yes, both cities have airports, other planes can the F111 Aardvark can make it as could the Electric Canberra Bomber. This is very strange, but it's realistic, though it is quite annoying

El Justo
first of all i really liked your mod ! this is exactly what i was looking for.
i really liked how u managed everything and stuff ( but i didn't get where to put additional pediaicon file, because no such a place how u note on first page of this topic, but any way game launched and i could play ... some ).

i want to ask u something. unfortunately my problem is weak computer and i can't play longet then 1965 ... etc. so, could u please send me mission on little map with only 7-8 civilization without custom rulz but with all units u have in this mod !?
or may be same scenario but just with - one africa, one south and central america I including cuba, one north america etc ... i whould be very greatfull if u let me play your scenario more then till 1960th :)))))))

thx for very good scenario one more time

cassa61 said:
Yes, both cities have airports, other planes can the F111 Aardvark can make it as could the Electric Canberra Bomber. This is very strange, but it's realistic, though it is quite annoying
annoying? yes. i agree but i s'pose it is kinda realistic though. :mischief:

MaxRiga said:
El Justo
first of all i really liked your mod ! this is exactly what i was looking for.
i really liked how u managed everything and stuff ( but i didn't get where to put additional pediaicon file, because no such a place how u note on first page of this topic, but any way game launched and i could play ... some ).

i want to ask u something. unfortunately my problem is weak computer and i can't play longet then 1965 ... etc. so, could u please send me mission on little map with only 7-8 civilization without custom rulz but with all units u have in this mod !?
or may be same scenario but just with - one africa, one south and central america I including cuba, one north america etc ... i whould be very greatfull if u let me play your scenario more then till 1960th :)))))))

thx for very good scenario one more time
MaxRiga,

i'm glad you like it but i'm wondering why you can't get past 1965 :confused:

loading times aren't too bad. does it 'lock up' on you or something? does it 'crash'?

you see, the thing is that you should be able to have it run properly.

MaxRiga,

i'm glad you like it but i'm wondering why you can't get past 1965

loading times aren't too bad. does it 'lock up' on you or something? does it 'crash'?

you see, the thing is that you should be able to have it run properly.

everything is fine with your scenario, my computer thinks by hours after :))))) this why i want to minimize thinking and make less civilizations :))) but if just delite civilization in editor and give it's cities to other civ ( havana to mexico, for example ) then scenario doesn't work ( donno why, i'm noob ) :((((

PM me your save game, and i'll play your turn for you, I won't do anything, i'll just skip the turn, and that might work

Yeah the issue with turn times not increasing has probably to do with my warmongering playstyle of having almost nonstop war ;), a more peaceful player may have longer waiting times.

The initial sea and / or submarine battles were without my participation because i concentrated on land defense against the soviets and with the glorious scandinavian fleet of one sub and one boat there wouldnt have been much engaging ;), but i can remember the british being quite active. at the present game time (jan 70) the british have a large fleet of bombarding submarines and lay waste to any coastal soviet city :eek:, yes i remember them having taken northwest africa quite early, but never seen them engage in a land-based assault.
air battles must have taken somewhere else i was only bombarded about 3 times by the soviets. i noticed the japanese bombard some chinese cities later, and i _assume_ that the succesful destruction of cuba by US was done with nonstop bombing raids.

i played some as CHina in the latest version...

nothing really fancy happened. again, i caved into the tribute demands in order to avoid any early wars.

Nov '61: Cuba declares war vs USA
Jan '62: Bol/Arg/Chile declare war vs Brazil

the US Navy showed up at my doorstep and launched several sorties against my coastal cities and p'yongyang w/ some super sabres and a4s. my MiG 15s didn't really defend my airpsoace either w/ me loosing a few early on.

i launched a very small expedition into afghanistan but was repelled.

none of my cities have changed hands

soviets have been active in staving off the capitalist civs around my borders.

i'm up to march 63 and my infrastructure is beginning to heat up

turn times are a little longer w/ a civ like china. the smaller civs move a bit faster but in all, i waited no longer than 2 minutes or so/turn.

Just wanted to share a screenshot from my game as the Israelis...

I'd say things worked out perfectly in this SS. Just as I built the (some designation) MBT, Tel Aviv (the city that built it) began celebrating. I guess they were really excited about making that tank, since it only took like 2 years. :p

P.S. Don't play the Israelis unless you like being the really really underdog. ;)

IXIRandyIXI,

hey, at least you were able to take damascus :)

somemore results as china:
DEMIGOD
AI Agreesion: highest

mid 1962 to mid 1963...

mobilization for war is still a tad difficult

i secure a ROP treaty w/ the afghanis/pakistanis so that i can build a road over a few mountain tiles (wheeled units unpassable); all so that i can send my armoured divisions in w/out impediment!

SE Asia is hangin' on by a thread. WP has proved george kenan right in that s vietnam falls, cambodia and then thailand...

the US airbases in asia are crushing me. not only are they hammering my cities and shooting down my interceptors,they've sent in b52s to crush my transports that were readying for an assault on taiwan. they've sunk 3 transports in port! i haven't even been able to load them up and send them out to sea! the US now is sporting A-6s, F100s and B52s IIRC. a few oriskany class carriers showed up on my doorstep in '61/'62 but there's no doubt that the sorties are coming from the airbases though.

chinese city production is only okay. it's still early though.

my alliance (commies) is slightly behind in the VP race. i think i'm down a few hundred points (2000 to 1700 or something).

china has several fronts in which to wage war. taiwan is a juicy target as is s korea. afghanistan/pakistan is also there w/ the VP spot where Kashmir is. 1st and foremeost will be to knock out the US airbases in s korea, taiwan, the philippines and japan. they are absolutely crushing me w/ air power.

that's it for now

Maybe a lockheed galxy with a trans port cap at 2 able to lift foot and wheeled units. This wouldn't imbalance it because england uses it. + get an AN-225 for the russians and problem solved but the range is gonna have to be like 25 or thirty. Immobile. But the An-225 will need a trans port Cap of 4 or 5 cuz it is the biggest plane in the world!!!!

Could you posibly E-mail me with al the units in the game listed in either word, text doc, or excel? El Justo.

P.S. Damn Patriots

Drivebymaster said:
Maybe a lockheed galxy with a trans port cap at 2 able to lift foot and wheeled units. This wouldn't imbalance it because england uses it. + get an AN-225 for the russians and problem solved but the range is gonna have to be like 25 or thirty. Immobile. But the An-225 will need a trans port Cap of 4 or 5 cuz it is the biggest plane in the world!!!!

Could you posibly E-mail me with al the units in the game listed in either word, text doc, or excel? El Justo.

P.S. Damn Patriots
Drivebymaster,

air transports would be a game-breaker IMHO; especially if mech units were able to be sent like that. plus, this puts an emphasis on naval transports/convoys.

i can send you the spreadsheets and the most recent update if you want. it'll probably be tonight though.

finally!! my Iggles are in the Bowl! finally!!!!

I agree that air transport of anything other than foot is a game breaker and on top of that, it is totally unrealistic.

For one, the US has on inventory, perhaps 100 C5 planes. Even today, they don't have the ability to airlift any substancial amounts of heavy armored vehicles (M2 and M1) and 95% of the material sent to Iraq in both conflicts got there by ship.

Air transport would simply make it too easy and also take away the reason for building foot troops at all really. Right now, they are a bit expensive compared to their mechanized counterparts, but have the huge advantage that they can be air lifted and the mech can't be.

When I was play testing China, I also took a beating from the air for awhile and fortunately, my WP allies came to the rescue with a slew of subs to chase off the US ships. I also ran into the issue of getting my "fleet" sunk in port, but think this is very realistic as you really can't hide ships from aircraft and just highlights the importance of having air superiority and the problems you run into when you don't.

what is the conscensus on adding in flags as leaderheads? is it worth it? it's a real pain in the arse to edit the text on these things. it's like 8 or 10 different lines to add in for each civ. i'd do it if i thought there was enough of a demand...

El Justo said:
Metacomet,

i'll send it via email.

thanks

El Justo,

I think that maybe my report is gonna take a few days because I don't have computer at home, I hope to have it running asap, and I don't have civi at work (it's obvious why...jajajajaja).

That means that I still don't know how it looks the new version...

jul 68: advanced carriers -> sub tactics (8 turns)
huge tank battles near stalingrad
spanish raze stalingrad and city next to in with approx. 8 leo tanks
sep 68: US destroy cubans o_O
oct 68: take sverdlovsk
dec 68: brazil trades me a spy against horses
jan 69: take omsk
italy conquers gurjev
feb 69: conquer akmola
mar 69: peace again :/
sub tactics -> modern military organization (8 turns)
soviet union enters new era (modern style cities)
declare war -> conquer nizhiny
team 1 (NATO & friends) now have 57 % world area 76 % population
sonviets dont have any units left, the battle is now against chinese tanks on soviet territory
my goal is to reach the pacific ocean and then push southwards into china to stop them from throwing wave after wave of tanks at me, i leave the northern soviet cities and follow the siberian railway ;)
may 69: my armies conquer ulan-ude and irkutsk
aug 69: conquer vladivostok , scandinavia reaches the pacific :)
sep 69: conquer the chinese city of harbin, the invasion of korea and northeastern china begins, although the advance will probably slow down since my supply lines are overstretched
iran trades me the islam for some horses and gpt, hehe scandinavia now has the power of allah :D
oct 69: conquer baku, the way to invade india is now free, but i choose to concentrate my forces on china and attack india after china has been dealt with
nov 69: modern military organization -> advanced armored tactics (10 turns)
dec 69: oslo builds international brokerage firm
stockholm builds officer training school
israel conquers kabul (india)
greece conquers kandahar (india)
scandinavia conquers shenyang (china)
feb 70: oslo builds military school
mar 70: conquer najin (china)
apr 70: take pjongjang (china)
spanish take islamabad (india)
may 70: oslo builds corps :)
conquer archangelsk (russia)
besieging peking with help from greece and france
i spot 5 spanish leo tanks in indian territory advancing towards srinagar
jul 70: have to cancel siege of peking because of strong defense and counterattacks, chinese conquer shenyang
spanish conquer srinagar (india)
aug 70: advanced armored tactics -> advanced naval warfare (8 turns)
i start building the stridsvagen tanks for some kickass action ;)
scandinacia is now the largest nation in the world
sep 70: conquer shenyang and beijing (china)
south africa has conquered all of central africa except madagascar
algiers conquered by US
oct 70: peace again ...
boston builds hoover dam
nov 70: declare war -> conquer Jinan (china), raze Nanjing (china)
jan 71: increased amout of air bombardment by japan and UK
take shanghai , raze hanzoi (china)
mar 71: spanish take urumqi (china)
sink south american transport near buenos aires
japan has now more than 10 air units and bombards seoul
take norilsk (russia)
capitalists now control 86 % of population (and 68 % of territory)
apr 71: south africans destroy north africans
france takes lhasa (china)
advanced naval warfare -> advanced espionage (8 turns)
conquer seoul (china)
may 71: raze fuzhou and pusan (china)
US conquer cairo
jul 71: take taijuan, xiamen (china)
spain razes kunming (china)
aug 71: taze zangjiang (china)
sep 71: conquer yinchuan and kashi (china)
oct 71: conquer krasnoyarsk (russia), notice that 3 M-60 US tanks are in eastern siberia already having razed three russian cities, obviously with the help of hordes of aircrafts o_O
population 92%, territory 72 % (need 8% to win), china has been conquered except two vietnamese cities that still belong to china, now the assault on vietnam begins.
dec 71: france conquers hanoi (russia)
advanced espionage -> rocketry (8 turns)
jan 72: conquer vinh (russia)
feb 72: conquer pnomh penh and bangkok (china) -> china is no more, arabia has 1 city left (muscat)
communist team is totally crushed russia 3 cites left, arabia 1 city india surrounded by invading forces and already losing cities, the only stronghold seems to be south america where there has been no change of borders ever

I probably played on a way too easy level of difficulty, although in this scenario it hardly makes a difference if you play on higher difficulties since your allies experience the same AI bonuses your enemies have, only if you are a larger civ your whole alliance can become weakened by your "slower" production / science ... also at some point it was quite obvious that the game would be won, but it was fun til now (havent finished yet, but that would take only about 12 turns).
in the beginning of the scenario i did only have vision in scandinavia, so i cant tell anything about initial battles except for cities chaning nation. the US seem to have bombed **** out of their enemies (cuba, north africa, arabia for example were targets of air raids), which led to fast advance in the later stages of the game. british have built many many bombarding subs, a stack of 10 of those patrolled the soviet border to kill anything that was in range. soviet empire never became really powerful, so i cant say anything about how mass tank wars in central europe would have been like, but still it was challenging to advance into russia, but finally the help of west europen allies tipped the balance in my favour. india managed to almost wipe out afghanistan / pakistan, but were stopped as the commie empire collapsed and military resources from greece , turkey and iran were free to couter that threat. it was real fun to see how even a small war with the soviets changed the fortune of other conflicts on the continent to my favour. in fact it would be more appropriate to think of the two teams as two huge nations in which you can take the part of a "region", which you have to defend and to develop in order to make things easier for your partner regions. very very nice to play :).
el justo, if you have any more detailed questions about this game, just pm me and i will try to answer.
keep up the good work and please please send me the latest version :crazyeye:

Metacomet said:
El Justo,

I think that maybe my report is gonna take a few days because I don't have computer at home, I hope to have it running asap, and I don't have civi at work (it's obvious why...jajajajaja).

That means that I still don't know how it looks the new version...
Metacomet,

alright. take your time fella and check in when you can.

Top Bottom