1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

the democratic party

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by admiral-bell, Oct 29, 2005.

1. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Is this any relations to the US Democratic party? ;)

I would like to join this party since I do dislike voting blocks.

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

You join a political party because you don't like voting blocks?

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

No, its not just that. I do stand for a Strong Government and Democracy.

4. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Chieftain

You are right! I don't think, the NP is a dictatorlike-party but nevertheless I wanted to stress a real difference between their Party and our cg...

And don't get me/us wrong: Everyone can do whatever he/she wants in his/her party as long as the goal of the party isn't to achieve full control over the whole civ! :D That's what the NP mentioned and that's what this paragraph is about! We would try to oppose any action leading them to get full control of the government! :)

Thanks, TBoy... Any more comments on the manifest? Should we poll for a change of names or do we agree somehow on one??

First of all: Welcome CivGeneral, good to have you here! :goodjob:

Black Hole: This isn't a voting block at all: Read the manifesto ;) This is an organization to protect our civ from the dictatorship of voting blocks and to support democratic civic's and democratic ways of finding decisions to important issues... We select a government but the people should still rule themselves after all! :)

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

I do hope that Admiral Bell would update the roster of this group :)

Thanks Stilgar08,
    I fully beleve that voting should be on the basis of the individual's skills and compitance. Not their political affiliation and do agree to the manifist in this party. I find it a coocincidance that I joined this party, The Democratic Party, and that I am a U.S. Democrat in RL ;).

6. Wattos

Wattos Chieftain

I will join if I am alloud to.

7. Question Mark

Question Mark Chieftain

This sounds great, and I'm thinking about joining. But I am a bit unsure about promoting free markets. Wouldn't it be more democratic to give the economic power to democratically elected representatives then to give it to persons with lots of money?