The Divine Blood of Heroes (FFH DI4)

Spoiler OOC for ALL :
Serious question: do we want to consider moving from a one-week schedule to a one-and-a-half/two-week schedule? Not that college has resumed for a lot of people, there's far more of a time crunch and issues of other priorities. This effects me little, compared to others, since I can't do my own updates anyways, but others might have problems.

Spoiler OOC :
I am fine with changing things to once every two weeks, if the other gods want it. That gives me more time to respond to gods' actions between games. I can't do 1 1/2 weeks, because the only time I can play is on weekends. Of course, that does slow things down a bit (not that I am in a hurry).

Spoiler OOC :

Good job on the update Verdian! As to the remark i am okay making it a longer time between posting. as we are getting on with the game more stuff is happening each round.

Looked at the save, I don't think i saw a mention of the new town or the huge Army near Finn! We gods may use them :p

Added note to yourself, you mentioned that your civilization was not taxing the Arawn town as you were no-where near it. This is obvious now too people :p so if you need a backstory so you know how to narrate it i will reveal that the townsfolk have been 'Taxed' by the Harbringers in a cruel little protection Rachett scheme to raise money for the Elvish War. That was why Stevenson was accompanied and pushed on by his Harbringer friend before :p

Tch Your Thesias just had to be the political mastermind didn't he! I was enjoying that war! Oh well, easy come-easy go.

Spoiler :
I think a two week cycle would be good, now that college is starting up again. Gives everyone more time to work with.

Spoiler OOC for all :
I'm fine with it as well, especially as the world grows more complex. So that would put the next round at the 22nd (I think)?

Spoiler :
im fine with it:)

Spoiler OOC :
Alrighty, two weeks it is. So I will collect the save on the 22nd.

Ahaha, I completely forgot to mention the town near the Moors, didn't I? It's been three weeks since I looked at the save (I write the stories using notes), but I seem to vaguely recall I made a city there. That was for Sucellus or Cernunnos, yes? I can write something for that if you'd like, or you all can invent something. Either way is fine, but it was intentionally built at that god's request. :lol:

Hi all, long time lurker delurking.
In the other thread, it was said that Duc DOrange has quit, and thus Lugus is free again. Can I play him?

Spoiler OOC for Lugus :
I'm sure it would be fine for you to play Lugus, Lugus. ;)

Spoiler OOC for Verdian :
The city near the Farland Moors must have been a request of Cernunnos, because my optional quest was to not build anything in the Forest of Renewal (I think I did say forts were ok though).

EDIT:

Spoiler OOC for Gods Only :
Note: Didn't have time to add Dean's new continent idea. If someone else would like to make the changes, that would be fine. If not, I'll get to it before the end of the intervention.

Added Kantros the Ever-Young (Grigori Medic)
Gave Channeling I, Elven, Hero, Immune to Disease, Life I, Medic I, Medic II

Added Guardian of Larok Zet (Barbarian Fawn) in now vacant fortress which controls the pass to Khazad lands.
Gave Centaur, Combat I-V, Guerilla I, Held, Immune to Disease, Strong, Woodsman I-II

Added Aber'deen Village in the northern Grigori Lands near the Kaladan Mountains. Will use it in my story, which I haven't completely finished yet.

Attachments

• Gerran-Sucellus AD-0150.CivBeyondSwordSave
    438.7 KB · Views: 82
Spoiler OOC :
Here are the quests I believe I finished. If I am wrong, let me know. I will update the first page later. It would be nice to get a reaction IC from the gods that assigned them. And welcome, Lugus!

1) Research Writing, Cartography. (done)
2) Don't let Atthame die. (so far, so good)
3) Kill Baal with Paal. (done)
4) Settle Oparr the merchant, don't let him die. (failed)
5) Make a city near the Moores. (optional quest, done)
6) Free the healer from Larok Zet. (done)
7) Kill the orc at Larok Zet. (done)
8) Find the artifacts at the Rondauros Mountains. Decide whether to give them to the Luchirup or Khazad. (done? I "found" the holy city of RoK and am keeping it, see chapter 3. I also found a rod of winds, not sure if that counts as well. Will keep exploring.)
9) Be violent with Stevanson. (so far, so good)
10) Improve my city. (so far, so good)

Spoiler OOC :

Okay Verdian, thanks for the list of quests. Lugus had grabbed it before me so this is just a narrative intervention. There will be another one later along with my edits.

The first narrative is to show the meeting with Cardith Lorda's Men. Along with some of the fallout of taking a Dragon's City. Think i portrayed Finnigen and Thesias how you liked them to be shown.

The Second narrative is a meeting between Arawn and Camulos. It should flesh out Camulos as a character more (it's only the second time he's been shown in writing.) and should show Arawn's new emotional character. It was checked by Ryansee in the other thread and he likes it and aproves. It should show my thoughts on Stevenson a bit while showing Arawn's thoughts on the treatment of his followers. Hope that all helps for when you write up your own stuff.

:nuke: Camulos - God of War :nuke:

The String of campfires stretched along the hill tops for miles. Giving an impression of a false dawn in the night. The idea that each fire held a battlion of Troops was shocking to the young ragtag group of travelers. So too was the Armies weaponry. Finnigen did not recognise it, but Thesias and the Dwarves did. The Dwaves because they used to make them. Thesias because he had seen Stevenson the Lucky showing off his own sword. But while Stevenson’s weapon had been rusted and old, these were shiny and new.

While they were not allowed into the Lands of Cardith Lorda untill a treaty had been signed, the elite of the Soilders, the Golden Guardsmen, easily shared their food and water with the group.

It became obvious through the night, that while the Guardsmen were honest and good people, they still had a reason for sharing the Grigori campfire. They were after information.

“Our own scouts nearly never return these days.” Spoke the Captain of the Golden Guard “ We fear they are killed by the Scourge from the Desert.”

The Captain spoke cautiously. To Finnigens eyes it was obvious that these people had not been able to see the lands as he had. They were amazed at the dwarves and were silent and awestruck at the Great Griffin that Sah was feeding lumps of fish to.

“This Scourge... What are they?” Asked Thesias.

“At First they were merely Orc Clans. A pest to be annoyed by certainly, but no menace. But then... Then something changed a few moons ago. Now the Orcs appear in greater number and they have these undead abominations with them.”

This caused a ripple of glances in the Grigori camp as all of them remembered their own meeting with a horde of Orcs and Skeletons. One that perhaps should have killed them if the army hadn’t mysteriously moved onwards. The Captain caught the glances. Finnigen watched as the Captain stiffened slightly then turned his eyes towards Finnigen. All the young Scout could think was, ‘How much are they seeing of us. How do we seem to them as they watch us while we watch them.’. It was a perculier feeling this meeting of men. With animals it had all gotten so easy, being able to trust his Voice. But more was the fact that animals do not know the ways of lies and double talk. Finnigen felt a hand on his shoulder and glanced up to see Thesias watching him. There was meaning in his gaze and this time Finnigen knew and understood the silent words of his old friend. So Finnigen sat back slightly and let Thesias deal with this meeting of men.

“We passed a horde much like you described a moon or so ago ourselves.” At Thesias’s words the attention of the Golden Guardsmen switched to the son-in-law of Gerran. It was so sudden that Finnigen was reminded of a Predator suddenly catching wind of a new prey...

“You are certain? and you survived this encounter?” Asked the Captain

“I have seen undead amominations before. I know their stench. They seemed not interested in us, we prepared ourselves for a full battle, one we may not have won, yet they sent merely a few men against us while the main army continued north.”

“To our lands...” This caused a nodding from the Guardsmen. “So our advisors were correct. This is not a increase in pilliging runs. It is a true war.”

“A War? But why would they care for your lands?”

“Our Advisors belive that our young lord is an offense to them. It is rumoured that he holds the spirit of a older Dragon within him. Rumours perhaps, but the Barbarians will have no rival to their own Dragon Lord.”

“You mean the Dragon of Ered?” Thesias’s puzzled question was answered by a nod from the Captain. “But the Dragon fled the land of Ered many years ago. Ered has fallan and the defenders their killed.”

“Aye and may Dul’kak know everlasting torment for the crimes he commited there” Spat one of the Dwarves.

“What!” The Captain dropped his bowl of broth. “Ered has fallen? When was this?”

“A few moons ago...” Thesias seemed to pause mid sentance as a realization struck him. “But these troops could not be from Ered. They were all put to death.”

“Do you truely belive that a Dragon would be satisfied with only one city to call it’s own.” The Captain stood and gestured to the southwest. “They say the desert is filled with his followers. Tribe upon tribe of traveling orcs. Cities that were once burned and pilliged now his, held by devout fanatics that believe Dragons are better then Gods!”

The Campfire had gone quiet as all heard the raised voices.

“If the Barbarians were enraged by the fall of Ered why did they leave us be? Why not attack us and continue on the way to Ered?”

“Fool. Do you believe that the piddling warriors need to retake it? As soon as word of this reachs their Dragon Lord he will return with fire and death. All in this land know of the Horde of Wealth there that the Dragon convets.”

“That can never be allowed to happen.” The Closest dwarf spoke with sudden conviction. “The site of Ered is where the first Dwarves came from the underdark. It is where Bambur wrote his tablets. It is sacred!”

The Captain seemed to want to respond violently before controling himself. “If that is so Dwarf then you better be prepared to defend it.”

There was not much to say after that. However Finnigen noted the fear in the mans eyes. Seeing the huge army in the distance Finnigen could only wonder how great this dragon must be for a army this size to fear it...

-

Dul’kak mouth was open his eyes wide but no-one could hear his screams as he passed the silent gates in the realm of Arawn. The Blood thirsty and vile dwarf had worked tirelessly to turn the Old Town of Ered into a putrid cesspool only to be brutaly killed. A fitting end, and at least he had served his purpose. Camulos pondered on whether to smile and wave as the tortured soul passed him by. It would be cruel and petty, sorely rubbing in how low down the spiritual food chain the dwarf was, It would also make Camulos look childish.

He smiled and waved anyway. Who was going to stop him acting the way he liked?

“Camulos!”

The shouting of his fellow God reminded Camulos he wasn’t here for pleasantries. All the Gods had felt the sudden shift. The sudden emergence of the silent God of Death into the realms of mortals. Once tenderly without much fanfare. Then again with angry purpose.

“What has happened to my followers? My Guardians tell of a new Grigori nation and a person called Stevenson. This stinks of your doing Camulos!”

Was that a twitch of the eye? A high pitched whine over dead men? This was the most amusing debacle since the fall of Bhaal. The unemotional God of Death falling to pieces from emotions he had never felt before.

“Now Arawn, must i allways get the blame for the strife of Mortals? War ends up being the natural discourse of the realm. I barely have to do any work these days for-”

The Air chilled and the realm darkened as the God of Death moved past the emotion of shock and anger into full blown cold-blooded rage. This was not the time for fancy word play or to battle with dialogue.

“Many of your followers survived Arawn, the only true deaths were those of the skeleton guardians. The rest have split ways. Some have ended up peacefully in the lands of the Gerran led Grigori... Some have raised arms up against the Grigori, led by a follower of Aeron. Few left by boat. Some ending up in far away lands. Many were given sanctuary in the barbarian lands in the desert, I personally helped make sure the people there looked upon your followers kindly”

Camulos couldn’t help wonder if any of the other gods would have found the sprectrum of new emotions coming from Arawn amusing. Or whether it was just his twisted mind laughing at the grief. Shifting from shock and denial, to anger an rage, to- wait wasn’t this like one of those mortal paths of grief over death? The God of Death grieving for the dead!

As Arawn seemed to get himself under control Camulos held in a chuckle before the dead eyes pierced him.

“This Stevenson brute. He is not yours? Not your champion?”

Looks like he’d been found out. It was a shame that Stevenson had never called directly on him. Nice lad, shame he had to be sacrificed like a pawn like all mortals do at times.

“A Champion? Surely not, what has he ever done for the ways of war-”

“He butchered my people!”

“I heard he only killed the undead Skeletons, not much of a loss.”

Arawn went quiet suddenly, perhaps reason had finally struck through the emotional wounds. Camulos was having to act quickly here. He didn’t want or need a new front opening in his battles and machinations. Not when so many plans were finally coming to fruition. He felt the Angel of Arawn approuching. Never could remember the name, why would you need to when all the angel did was stand there and watch dead people.

“My Master grieves for the guardians.”

“Why? They are just undead minions.”

“No. In necromancy they would be mindless abominations. But raised in the true death magic of Arawn they were the ancestors of the followers. Bound in chains of their own bones willingly to become guardians to the future generations. They could think, feel and act of their own will.”

“Okay... but still undead skeletons.”

“Not in our eyes.”

Well what could you say to that. Arawn was returning and about to speak when suddenly both the Gods stiffened as the proclamation of Mammon washed over them. Speaking of butchery and savergry and so on and so on. Mammon really did have a way with words. Eventually both Gods came out of the trance rubbing their heads.

“Mammon is annoyed... because of a followers death?” Arawns voice was depressed. “A single follower of many and one that he knew could be killed in his actions. Yet i loose many followers while i have few and the other Gods do not care and snatch them up for their own plots.”

“Mammon is an easy God to understand when you know what he wants.”

“And that is?”

“Everything. He is a childish God crying out for control in fear he has none.”

Arawn contemplated that for a moment. “Perhaps you are right. Perhaps not. Either way i must show the world my displeasure. I must have Stevenson, I must show the Gods my followers are not theirs to do as they please.”

“Stevenson is not, nor had he ever been one of my followers. He merely hates gods like yourself who he views as ‘useless’” That comment caused a flash of anger in the Dead God eyes. “The Followers who ended up in desert can be protected if you wish. However i would ask a boon in return... Give more freedom to the spirits in the mortal realm. Many act as guides to the mortals and a view into your realm would perhaps give them more pause in their actions.”

“I shall think on it. First i must make plans for Stevenson and see what the response of the Grigori shall be... Leave me now.”

So Camulos left, and as he did he couldn’t stop a smile breaking out on his face. He had hopefully gained the spirits access to the world in exchange for something he has planned to do anyway. The Followers of Arawn were allready finding new purpose in the lands of the savage barbarians. As for Stevenson... Camulos wondered if Arawn even suspected that by cursing Stevenson he would be pushing him even more in the direction that was best for War Mongering. Two Curses for one mortal, from two different Gods. Perhaps another so called neutral god needed to be duped into cursing him next...

It Didn’t matter really. Camulos had all the time in the world.

:commerce: Lugus, god of Light :commerce:

Deep in the desert, a small group of determined men had come on a pilgrimage to the Mirror of Heaven. Each of them had travelled from different parts of the world, but they all had one thing in common: they worshipped Lugus deeply. So deeply, that they had left their old lives behind to come to this sacred place, because it was here that their god spoke clearest to them. Many had died on the dangerous road to the desert, and even more had died from the hardships of the desert itself. When they had finally reached the sacred place, only five of them still alive, they had prayed to their god, and built a small shrine to him. And they were happy, even though they realized they would soon die of thirst.
Far above them, Lugus watched them pray to him in the hostile environment. Though they would be doomed without his intervention, the five brave men did not pray for themselves. They did not even pray for their famillies or their lost comrades, but for evil. They prayed for Lugus to forgive evil, and to redeem it. Lugus shed a tear for these noble men.
That was when he noticed a dark presence approaching amidst all the light in his vault. Not now..., he thought with an amount of anger that surprised himself.
"Leave, Dark One." he said.
Ceridwen ignored his words and stood next to him. She looked at the brave men dying in the desert, and smiled mockingly.
"Look at those poor fools. Their devotion to their master will be their end."
"They made a noble sacrifice."
"And what did it get them? Only death. But at least they will get an afterlife in your vault. You will not be so lucky."
"If you redeem yourself, the One will forgive you. And so will I."
Ceridwen laughed. "You think I would betray us all by surrendering to the one that imprisoned us? He who wanted to leave us powerless?"
"The One acted in our own best interests", Lugus said, "And leave my vault now! I have more things to do!"
Ceridwen said in a sarcastically sweet voice "You're going to save your little followers, aren't you? How noble."
"I will do more then that: I will let them spread my light over the world."
Before she disappeared, she said with a grin: "The brightest light casts the sharpest shadows..."
The incredible audacity of that woman... Lugus thought, To come into my vault and try to get me to fall!
In the desert, the five men still prayed to Lugus, though they couldn't stand anymore from the thirst. Then, suddenly, their thoirst and hunger was gone, and a mighty voice sounded over the desert: "You are brave men to come from so far to honour your god. But the rest of the world is slowly descending into darkness. You men will be the bringers of light to the darkness."
The men prayed to Lugus: "We will spread your light, lord. Please, share your wisdom with us!"
"Wisdom has to be earned, not given. I can guide you, but I can not give you wisdom. Spread your light, so that other may find wisdom too. Find more people to join your order of Lightbringers. I will protect anyone from hunger and thirst near the Mirror of Heaven so you can expand your order and pray on this holy place." and with that, the mighty voice stopped.

Every civilization is tasked to found the Empyrean. The nation that does will recieve my blessing. I also forbid anyone from taking the city of Lumen, next to the Mirror of Heaven.

Spoiler OOC :
I founded a size 1 city named Lumen next to the Mirror from Heaven, and placed floodplains around it so immigrants can come to pray to the Mirror. I only forbid anyone to take the city IC. If you or the AI conquers it, you won't ruin my story.

Spoiler OOC for the gods :
I talked to apenpaap in PM, and we agreed it would be interesting if our gods would try to convert each other, hence the bit in the middle.

Attachments

• Gerran AD-0150 Lugus.CivBeyondSwordSave
    439.7 KB · Views: 74
Very well, Gerran, you have finally deigned to teach the knowledge of writing and reading to your people. However, you have angered me, and so must prove yourself. I WILL not suffer my monasteries to be taken by the forces of evil, nor those of good.

I am Fair, though.

I will reward what you have accomplished by elevating one of your people to a higher state of knowledge.

BUT.

you will be punished for having failed in the task I have set you. You may not decrease the amount of funding you are giving to your sages. EVEN in the most difficult of times, you may NOT decrease it until I give you leave to do so.

Attachments

• Oghma AD-0150.CivBeyondSwordSave
    439.8 KB · Views: 71
Spoiler OOC for Oghma :
Which citadel did I let fall to evil (or good)? I am trying to recall, but the only citadel I remember being involved with was the one with the cannibal, slave-keeping ogre (whom I am assuming was evil).

btw verdian i think i didnt make this clear. the time im giving you for my quest is pretty short itl decide alot for me thats why i made the time short.

Top Bottom