• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The English Football Thread No. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suarez is coming to Anfield!

I'd have thought Torres would want to leave. He was, and perhaps still is, one of the best strikers in the world. One year without Champions League football can be accepted. Two ? Perhaps not.

He should (and probably does) want to play against the best defences & the best keepers in the world. The Europa League doesn't offer that, frankly.

They're not going to let him sulk out the rest of his contract.

I'm back, and Leeds are looking great! :D

I think he's serious, in a way that Rooney and Tevez weren't. From the little I know of him, he comes across as a more decent guy than the other two, so I don't think he'd play games with this (p'raps I'm mostly basing this on the fact he wouldn't ever play for Real Madrid, from his history with Atletico).

Just heard that Edwin van der Sar is retiring at long last…
I'm back, and Leeds are looking great! :D
Hi there, I think that you won't win the championship but you have a decent shot at qualifying for the playoffs.
I think he's serious, in a way that Rooney and Tevez weren't. From the little I know of him, he comes across as a more decent guy than the other two, so I don't think he'd play games with this (p'raps I'm mostly basing this on the fact he wouldn't ever play for Real Madrid, from his history with Atletico).
Tevez used to play for then-second division Club Atlético All Boys but as his club didn't want to sell him to Boca Juniors he changed his surname to Tevez (can't recall what his original surname was right now) and then Boca Juniors signed him in under his new name, cheating All Boys out of over a million dollars (they never paid). So, what do you expect of the little scumbag these days?

60 million + anelka.

Highly unlikely given his injury record over the last 2 years. If he had maintained his early Liverpool form, then, yes. As it is, I think £40m sounds about right - you probably aren't getting someone who will lead the line in all the competitions you are in, but, when fit, he can score at the highest level (kinda the opposite of Tevez), and is a worthwhile punt for a club with enough money to have adequate backfill for 20 games or so.

Which would perhaps limit his options to Citeh, Chelsea, and Madrid. Citeh have just shelled out big time for Dzeko, so may not be able to give Torres the star billing he would require, he won't play for Madrid, so that would suggest he's left with staying at 'Pool until his price comes down, or moving to Chelsea.

Hi there, I think that you won't win the championship but you have a decent shot at qualifying for the playoffs.

Considering at the start of the season, all i hoped for was not to be embarrassed, we are well exceeding expectations.

I don't really want us promoted this season.. I doubt we could survive in the Premiership.

Another year then promotion would be perfect.

Come on Blues!!!! Everton 1 - 0 Chelsea

Can we hold on for the last 20 odd mins?

Highly unlikely given his injury record over the last 2 years. If he had maintained his early Liverpool form, then, yes. As it is, I think £40m sounds about right - you probably aren't getting someone who will lead the line in all the competitions you are in, but, when fit, he can score at the highest level (kinda the opposite of Tevez), and is a worthwhile punt for a club with enough money to have adequate backfill for 20 games or so.

Which would perhaps limit his options to Citeh, Chelsea, and Madrid. Citeh have just shelled out big time for Dzeko, so may not be able to give Torres the star billing he would require, he won't play for Madrid, so that would suggest he's left with staying at 'Pool until his price comes down, or moving to Chelsea.

look, his buy out clause of 50 million will come into effect in summer as we wont make champs league.

if chelsea want him now, 2 days before the window closes they need to
1. pay more than what he will go for in six months
2. give us a replacement we can finish the season with, as there wont be time to buy one from another club.

i would think this is pretty much where the board stands, but i fear they could settle for 50+sturridge.

look, his buy out clause of 50 million will come into effect in summer as we wont make champs league.

if chelsea want him now, 2 days before the window closes they need to
1. pay more than what he will go for in six months
2. give us a replacement we can finish the season with, as there wont be time to buy one from another club.

i would think this is pretty much where the board stands, but i fear they could settle for 50+sturridge.

I think they would settle for 50 mill without sturridge... maybe 55. You guys just bought a good striker so sturridge wouldn't be that important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom