• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The English Football Thread No. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Lambert as I can't see Chelsea paying much more than £40 million for him particularly as Liverpool already appear to have brough a replacement.

Well, fair enough. I think the current team are always going to overvalue the player in this sort of situation, so asking for £50m + Anelka isn't surprising.

And I guess, if Chelsea are prepared to pay the £50m in summer, then losing an ageing striker (and getting his cost off the monthly payroll) isn't that much of problem.

If I was bankrolling Chelsea, however, I'd look for more for my £50m+ than Torres as he is now.

If you were bankrolling Chel$ea then they'd be at Conference level or below, Lambert :p

Poor Aberdeen! :cry:

If you were bankrolling Chel$ea then they'd be at Conference level or below, Lambert :p

I rather like the idea of buying a team you really, really dislike, and then slowly destroying them, season by season. And, with what Dundee are currently worth, I might even be able to do it! Thanks for the idea, Tak :goodjob:

Poor Aberdeen! :cry:
Pah. Why the sympathy for the Dons ? Hardly a deserving cause, no ?

I rather like the idea of buying a team you really, really dislike, and then slowly destroying them, season by season. And, with what Dundee are currently worth, I might even be able to do it! Thanks for the idea, Tak :goodjob:
Dundee'll implode of their own accord. What have you against them? Your rivals are the cabbage-men.

Why don't we buy some club we jointly hate? My budget should be divided by eight because of exchange rates! :groucho:
Lambert Simnel said:
Pah. Why the sympathy for the Dons ? Hardly a deserving cause, no ?
Because they played Septic, why else?

So I'm reading that Liverpool are willing to make a deal but Chelsea have to meet their valuation of 50 mil. pounds. which means either 40 plus anelka or 50 cash.. I for one do not want to see Anelka gone...

And you know holy king, if a player really wants to leave, keeping him around might be a step backwards.. Must be hard for any Liverpool fan though, I understand.. It'd be like Lampard and Drogba leaving for Man City

I think he will be forced to stick around til the summer, then be sold.

Crap! I thought Notts would be able to do it. A replay it is then.

And Real Madrid lose at relegation-threatened Osasuna while Barça trash hércules to extend their elad to seven points! Real Madrid is the Spanish equivalent of Manchester City these days.

Man United vs Crawley Town ? Heh, hard not to be taken with that one. :)

Can't be a real competition though, or Fulham wouldn't have thrashed Spurs 4-0, eh ?

Two penalties in the first 15 mins is going to skew any game...

That officially never happened. :scan:
Spoiler :
*covers all signs of results with something opaque, bribes everyone to not talk about it*

Man City are actually doing decently, though..
Erm, no, they're the biggest spenders and they can barely stay inside the top four… last year they didn't even make it into CL spots.
Man United vs Crawley Town ? Heh, hard not to be taken with that one. :)
A Scottish coach shall win. Glory be to this match!
Lambert Simnel said:
Can't be a real competition though, or Fulham wouldn't have thrashed Spurs 4-0, eh ?
You mean last year's Europa League runners-up? Anything can happen. Relegated Pompey smashed Southampton 1-4 much to Quackie's chagrin last year.
Two penalties in the first 15 mins is going to skew any game...
Well penalties are not handed out of thin air unless you bribe the ref, Ab. The Spurs defense could have done a bit better, too.
That officially never happened. :scan:
Spoiler :
*covers all signs of results with something opaque, bribes everyone to not talk about it*
How much's the bribe?
trust a Flamengo fan to do that without honour :evil:

Where do Tottenham get all their money from? I don't remember them achieving much in the last decade but these days it looks as if they are preparing 20 or 30+ million offers for new players just about every other day. How are they able to afford that?

£50M seems a bit exaggerated, especially for the player that's been wearing that Torres shirt this season and large parts of last season. Not to mention at the end of this season, if he's "forced" to stay there against his wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom