1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The European Project: the future of the EU.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hrothbern, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Afaik 7% (gd polling at this election) is smaller than 9%, let alone what it is a percentage of, population-number wise ;)
    The cool 10% german nazi party translates to quite a few more in absolute numbers (10 times as many? ;) that is an order of magnitude) nazi mps in the euro parliament, in other words, let alone itself being a significantly larger percentage than the gd one.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

They're already trying that and will definitely move away from the center when Empress Angela's reign of Error ends. I don't think it's going to work, except in the usual suspect states like Bavaria.

3. GoodSarmatian

Cool, then I guess I'll only have Italy and the UK to bash because Poland and Hungary are too small.

Another interesting result:

More than a third of all first-time voters have voted for the Greens.
    Third place in this age group is Die PARTEI, a satirical party whose candidate this year is a standup comedian with a depressed millennial shtick.

Hrothbern likes this.
  4. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

I had already started digging in polls incl age groups and support for the CSU, AFD, die Linke as main target.
    But this sums it up :)

EDIT
    That you can get so many votes if you just shuffle anagram "die Pirate" ;)

5. Kyriakos

At least Syriza is losing by at least 8%, and maybe even 9%. Ie it is dead and they won't declare elections just cause they only want to stay in power for 4 more months till the inevitable general elections. I wish they would just f off, the cretinous pos.

6. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

The French right is at 8.5%, I'm really happy. Also the greens seem to be doing really well everywhere, good for them.

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

All the known projections aren't too bad, except France.
    But then again, neither UK, Italy, Poland or Hungary are in yet.

German results are complicated. 13 parties are making it into the EU parliament (as it seems). 2 of the fractions are joined by 2 parties (Green fraction with the actual green party, and one seat from the ecological democratic party, and liberal fraction with the liberal party and the free voters party). And 5 parties without a fraction. And yeah, AfD with 10% :/.
    At least I'm happy that my vote for the pirate party counted (although that's at the border; they have estimated 0.6% , which is exactly what is necessary for 1 seat).

For the Dutch results... not too bad either. Although surprised that the new alt right (Forum voor Democratie) will not join the right fraction (which is joined by Geert Wilders party, which basically lost 3 of their 4 seats to the Forum), but rather the extremely conservative Christian fraction.

8. Kyriakos

Gd seems to be at 5% (4,9) though i am not sure if the final will be a little larger. But it did take less votes (if 4,9% stays) than expected.

9. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Chieftain

Results in France are much, much better than 5 years ago. Macron's party + everything to the left of him get almost 2/3 of the seats.

10. innonimatu

innonimatu Warlord

You keep trying to lump Macron's appendages with the left... wishful thinking still?

Kyriakos likes this.
  11. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I just checked, seems actually true.
    Front National is still the strongest party though :/

12. Kyriakos

Apparently Gd may get an even lower percentage: 4,5%. Compare to the last (general election, not euro one) where it got 6,8%.

13. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

In his campaign, also for the Provincial elections in April, he was already appealing to farmers.
    He likes to have a bit lower profile, less sharp profile, than Geert Wilders, the profile of the civilised statesman, a man of culture and authority. (lol)
    The appeal to the Bible Belt small villages and farmers was also carefully prepared with remarks on children, euthanasy, abortion etc.

14. GoodSarmatian

Can we build a wall around Saxony ?
    I'm tired of Ossi-bashing, but can we ?
    Over 30% for the AfD and 1,2% for the now redundand NPD.
    WTF is wrong with those people ?

The_J likes this.
  15. Lillefix

Lillefix I'm serious. You can.

They have a more moderate tone compared to last time though. Now they want to reform the EU not get out.

16. GoodSarmatian

Funny how so many parties who blamed Brussels for everything and wanted to leave the EU still blame Brussels but don't want to leave anymore.
    The Brits have really made an example of themselves.

AdrienIer likes this.
  17. Kyriakos

If you want something to laugh with (at), Syriza gov members claim their 9+ difference from the ND party is not a defeat.
    TFY don't those pieces of scum just leave already... Elections will happen in 4 months at the latest, but that is way too much time and they should declare general elections to happen in 1 month and go away.

18. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Yeah, but their «reforms» just means that instead of leaving and destroying their own countries, they intend to drag everyone else down with them!

19. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

First estimates for the UK I saw:

Brex: 24 MEPs (+24 vs 2014) Do mind that UKIP had the same 24 seats in 2014.
    LDem: 15 (+14)
    Lab: 14 (-6)
    Con: 10 (-9)
    Grn: 4 (+1)
    SNP: 2 (-)
    PC: 1 (-)

The 6+9=15 that Labour and the Tories lost are now by the most simple explanation: 14 to the LibDems and 1 to the Greens.

20. Lillefix

Lillefix I'm serious. You can.

I didn't say they were sincere. But it lowers the threshold for people to vote on them, and that's part of the reason they get more votes. IMO.

Cheetah likes this.