The Faeries

unless you start at a commerce resource like gold you might want to research education early and build a lot of cottage.
That was the conclusion I was coming to as well. Lots and lots of cottages, I neglected to mention that the a good part of the game has been a land race/border war with the balseraps, which by going for FoL early was partially a double whammy because of my long border.
But it only seemed "natural" that I should go for FoL you understand.
I just had not experienced a hard economic struggle in any of my other tests, so it took me by surprize a little. I hate to be a frustrated expansionist because of a little thing called money.

I think it would be a good idea to add new txt_keys either to the bottom of Civ4wildmananew.xml or you create Civ4Graywarden.xml and add all your txt keys there. That way it is easier to find the txt keys and add a translation :)

I think it would be a good idea to add new txt_keys either to the bottom of Civ4wildmananew.xml or you create Civ4Graywarden.xml and add all your txt keys there. That way it is easier to find the txt keys and add a translation :)
Ok I can do that. I had started to ask if someone was working on compiling/organizing the xml files because they came from so many sources. Stuff is scattered about a lot. I had tried to make my insertions in the most common place like the CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml where the building entries for example are listed neatly in alphabetical order (for the most part).
Or are you saying if I have my own tag folder as you suggested, someone will insert the language translations, and then the files be organized from that point after?

yeah, I think organizing them makes only sense once they have translations. before they should be stored in a way that makes adding translations easy.

My life is much easier if all the files that need translation are within the XML/Text directory. When they get scattered through different directories, it makes it hard to find everything I need to translated.

You can make a new file or append to an older file, just DON'T append to the Civ4GameText_FFH2.xml file. Couple reasons: 1) The file is stinking huge and very unwieldy to work with. 2) Whenever base FFH has a major patch (ie, the recent one that added Acheron's fiery buddies), it's way easier for Sephi to just copy the text file into his directory instead of trying to merge a 20000+ line file. :crazyeye:

Oddly, the fairies have good synergy with Runes. Most of their units are on the metal line, they also need to go up the magic line, so that gives you the req. and Runes gives you lots of gold. I found this amusing. :)

Sephi,

Im still on the test with the Faeries. About two thirds thru now, and things have completely turned around. I have destroyed the balseraps, and the amurites are feeling desperate as they attacked across the border.
Hyborem had a city in the balseraps territory and will fall as well soon.
Building the Seventh Level of the Luonatar and enjoying the hell out of the game.

BUT......

I am fighting the allocation memory problem almost every 5 turns now.

I have updated my video card drivers.
I have reset settings to medium in Civ4 options.
Increased my memory in my system settings.

what else can I do?

first post of download thread has a link to a discussion how to optimze your system.
Else you can try to play on smaller maps.

OK, so I just tried switching to Winter Court... and as it stands now, it is 10 turns of suicide (or more, if it takes you longer to build the ritual). The faeries get no food on ice when they are in the winter court, and so all my cities were starving to death as I tried to build this ritual. OUCH. Moreover, it's doubly painful if you are not following FoL - I could build farms and cottages on tiles with ancient forest and ice, but not regular forest and ice.

you get the fallow trait when you switch into winter court, or at least you should. When I tested it, it worked.

you get the fallow trait when you switch into winter court, or at least you should. When I tested it, it worked.

Ahhh, OK. I'll have to look closer at that. The problem of not being able to build improvements still stands though. :(

first post of download thread has a link to a discussion how to optimze your system.
Else you can try to play on smaller maps.

Smaller maps are not an option... haha.. if I cant go HUGE, I cant go at all.

Thanks for where to go, I know I had seen a post on omptimization, I just couldnt remember where and didnt find it when I did look.

Sephi/Saathei,

Found and corrected some more text bugs. Created a file "Civ4WildManaNewGW" in the XML?Text folder for me to work with and it is uploaded with Revision 116

Sephi,

Found another text bug, got my tags ready, but i can not find a clue to the effect of the "Forest Fury" Spell so that I can produce a strategy tag for it.

What does the Forest Fury spell do?

Still testing as the Faeries btw, Basium and Balseraps are gone, and no memory allocation errors yet after modifing my boot.ini file yesterday also...... woohoo

had already added forest fury txt key. Uploaded the txt keys I added in Revision 121 now.

The amurite chanter appears as a grenadier when at rest, but during the battle animation appears as it should.

That's an art thing that happens when graphics settings are low. I don't think Sephi can do anything about it. I agree that it IS unnerving - Margalard spawned in my game and I was rather surprised to see a humongous dwarf in boxers running around on my screen! :lol:

Top Bottom