The Falklands War (TFW)

Un "bostero" en la red, no, no puede ser = ???

Argentinian navy : sure I know but I did that for gameplay reasons and a little more balance. Of course historical realism suffers a bit from it. I guess I can release a separate purely historical version but what value can I give them. Are they worth representing ?

Illustrious : re-balance issue. Besides it gives the human player a chance to organize his fleet how he wants it. Replaying rather than mere re-enactement.

Hermes : ah, OK. So up to 4 and down to three for the two others ?

Assault ship : will see but that would be for a latter version (because of new gfx). I will focus first on stats, balance,... Cruise ships : I know them but I think graphically they would look a bit out of place. Besides I don't think the AI would use cruise ships for transport then make troops board the assault ships to ferrry them (I tried with cruise ships spending a lot of MP on coast but the AI did not use these ships differently from one another).

Jets : which ones did you have in mind ? That would also force me to change their range to cover the Falklands.

Armored vehicales : as they were deployed I don't see why the player (either human or AI) could not use them rather than bringing them back to Argentina.

Howitzers : you mean British ones should have a range of 3 and Argentinians mostly a range of 2 only ? Or respectively 2 and 1 ?

Easiness : if you play Argentinia it sure is VERY easy, that's why I advised to play the English side. The AI is not extremely good with managing a large task force but not much I can do about it. On the other hand, nice challenge if you play as the English.

I think this scenario is about you doing it better than Argentina and not being stupid enough not to defend the islands well if you already invade them. Argentina had a large landforce that it could've put into the Falklands before the British came.

PS: Link doesn't work. Had to download Version 1,0 instead:(

Don't know if Lou is still active (last post is 2 years old), but maybe one of the mods wants to link the files in the OP?

Top Bottom