The First Rebellion of Arete

Vandal Warlord

Nazgûl
Vandal stared across the long table before him. He looked at the men and women sitting there waching him. Vandal glanced over at Duke Blackstone who was staring into Vandal's eyes.Duke nodded.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" Vandal started " The time is now to Begin a revolution. The Triad has ruled us for far too long and I belive that it is in the peoples best interest to join myself, Duke Blackstone, and the Tribal Council faction in the first rebellion in Aretes history" Vandal's eyes were now shimmering as he looked out the window to see a man peering in.
"This is the time, and I ask you, will you wait for us to vote for another person in 3000 years, or do you want to vote NOW?!"Vandal screamed as everyone yelled in unison"NOW!!!"
Vandal looked across the room now several children peered into the room.

Vandal walked out of the room to go warn the Mind of Arete of the rebellion.
Viva la de revolusion!

Prochon, Master of the Hunt, had just returned from the wilds to Arete.

The Prochon Warband has just returned from the wilderness, so you couldn't possibly pick a worse day for rebellion, tomorrow we have learnt how to inscribe your sentence as well, so you will pass onto history as the first well-documented crime. HAHAHA. We knew unrest was stirring in Arete, and we sort of saw this coming. This is what happens if you philosophize more than you practically organize, but the worst organized was this children rebellion. They have been throwing clogs of dirt onto the braves of the Prochon Warband, and we did not know if we should laugh or cry of our rebellious countrymen. We did not massacre any the rebellion, but we gave them a good spanking under their loincloths, and put a signature berry "you-know-where" in order to properly book-keep our counterinsurgency. We called this the "Black-Berry-Black-Spot Counterinsurgency Branding", such that the philosophers could identify the "black-buttocks", as we called them from the supporting part of the population.

Prochon told to the Philosopher Leaders: You have to come out of the hut more often, philosophize less and organize and inform more, or it will be like riding a wild horse near those crabs, or to let small piglets run between your bowlegged legs. Also be aware of the black-buttocks we just marked with black-berries, such that you know who to spank next time. We have recruited Bertie and Schoolmarm Thwackum to be the spanking constabulary in our absence, under the riot control master Churchill25.

Vandal ran into the city of Arete but when he reached the town square he noticed that no one was there, just empty streets. He looked around and saw closed doors and windows, almost as though the city had been deserted. Then he heard the clanking of metal as he turned around. Several solidiers stood in front of him, well armed. Then an offical appeared.
"Vandal Warlord, here are here by in custody by order of the Triad council." He said standing tall.
Vandal was locked in cuffs and taken into a large building. When He entered the building he saw many faces.Daveshack,Joe, Provo, they were all there. Vandal was put infront of everyone as they discussed his punishment. Vandal completely ignored everything and began thinking about what his rebelluon platform was going to be.Hmmmmm.....
"Vandal?"Hmmmmm.....
"Vandal!" Vandal looked up at the man in front of him.
"You are here by realesed, you may leave." Vandal was realesed as he walked out of the room. Vandal walked down the now full streets as he left the building. Vandal continued to ponder about the city for the next hour, until he remebered that his son had told him to come here. His son lied to him. Vandal ran out of the city to find his son. He was in SO much trouble.

Duke and a troop of his finest ambush Provolution walking home from the trial. Duke charges on one of pats horses, and pretends to whalp Provo over the head with a thick stick wrapped in wire that the barbaric Linkion of the Babalonians gave him as a present. Provo ducks, trips, and falls to the ground. Duke yells... "Unorganized children my *** you sick, abuseing, vile tyranist", and rides off into the sunset leaving Provo lying on the ground, wondering what had just happoned. His men ride by on there studs, throwing rocks and blackberries at Provos face in perfict order and step. ;) (occ sorry about that provo, but lay off)

OOC - This was merely for history writing Duke, me and Vandal got an agreement here :)

This raises a good point though...Our rules stipulate that a rebellion can occur at the mid-point of a full term, i.e. at the 2-week mark. We should have a poll to see if the majority of the population wants a rebellion. If not, then there wouldn't be one. No ellectioneering, no comments, just a straight-up poll. Nothing to stop arguments from entering the citizens thread, but the poll should be kept clean I say.

Thoughts? Move discussion to game rules section?

Sorry Provo, wasn't aware :) ya want me to delete that post?

Rebellion! thought Rex, the ex- philosopher. What foolishness. Can we all not be peacable. The stoning of Prochon was not enough, but the lives of many of my ex- colleauges are in danger. For such an honorable and great race, we are as violent and thugishness.

Rex had left his hill, which was given to him by the Enlightened One, to explore the city. It seemed to be dissolute, riots in the street, the man with Raven black hair and the rest of the Tribal Council encouraging it. He had hoped peace could be found.

Rex the Wise left the city and trekked West. Perhaps Spain was in a better state. I will see if Hatsepshut has more to offer me. Perhaps they at least are not wanton for violence.

Back on track.....

Vandal sat down on the sidewalk of Arete's streets. He had been searching for his son for the past two days. Breathing heavily Vandal looked up to see everyone gathered in the square. Vandal stood up and peered over. Some one was giving a speech over there. Vandal walked closer as he heard about a new city called New Giv-something. Vandal thoguht, maybe this is good oppertunity to spread his rebellon.
Nah, he had two clans and a rebellion to look after here. Vandal walked around the city again pondering.
Was this rebellion such a good idea,he thought as he scratched the back of his neck, maybe.Hmmmmmm..........

Vandal looked up to see his son run out of the city. Vandals eyes widened as he ran for him.

Five minutes later vandal caught up with him. Vandal leaped to tackle Cedric. He succeeded as they collapsed to the ground. they rolled for a little. Then they finally stopped as Vandal puched as hard as he could on one of Cedric's pressure points. Cedric was out cold. Vandal stood and dusted himself off. He dragged Cedric for a while. After a hour Vandal threw Cedric up against a tree and then used vines dangling from the tree to tie Cedric against the tree. Over the next five hours Vandal made a fire and built a small shelter. At sundown Cedric awoke

"Wahhht....ungh... what- what happened?"He mumbled and then looked at Vandal with serious eyes.
" What is wrong with you!?!" He yelled. Vandal looked up grinned and then laughed.
" You are an idiot Cedric, you are an Idiot." He stopped grinning and then pulled out a wooden bowl that wasd filled with blue berry juice. Vandal dipped his ahands in it.
" Do you know what this is?" He asked
"No." Cedric answered.
" It is the juice of a berry that will make you throw up and it burns to the touch." Vandal said begining to paint on Cedric's skin."The Gael tribe uses it for ceremonies,"Cedric sceamed."don't worry the sensation will go away."
He painted markings unincomprehensible to Cedric.
"This is who you are Cedric. I want you to respect it, and live it."Vandal said as finishing his painting.
"Hmm... It think I will leave you here to think about that." Vandal csaid as he stood up and left Cedric there.
Cedric spent the night pondering who he was. By morning he was free and going in the opposite direction of Arete. The same direction as Spain stood.

Naah, just keep it Duke, unlike some here, I am not pretentious,

Cedric looked across the flat plains, he had been walking for several days with little food and water. Cedric was armed with a simple axe he had found abandoned in the jungle. He was not in Arete lands anymore, he was near Spain now. Cedric Walked atop a hill for rest when he saw it, the Spanish Capital, Madrid.
People were bustling about in the city, it was much more heavily populated than Arete. Cedric smiled. He had found his new home.

Cedric walked into the city, filled with many,many huts. Some soldiers met him at the entrance. They were armed with weapons that Cedric had heard of. Long, slender peices of wood, with a peice of flax strung on the weapon. But it was not used as a club, but used to shoot wood from one side that kills a man if shot correctly.
"Halt, What is your buisiness commoner?"The guardsman spoke.
"I am here to start a new-" He began but was cut off by the warrior.
"Are you a citizen of Spain?"He asked.
"No, I have come from Arete, a city-"He was once again cut off.
"Then you have no buisiness here"He spoke.
Cedric giped his axe.He traveled to far to be turned down. He attacked the warrior.Cutting his chest with his axe the other bowmen shot arrows at him. One hit him in the chest as he fell unconsious. He awoke in the presence of a diety

The rebellion has failed Vandal thought. Vandal Walked in front of the same members that saw him when the rebellion began.
"Ladies and Gental Men."He began"The rebellion has failed, but stood strong against the Triad. I have no regrets. But I would like you all to know that I do not despise the Triad, for soon there will be another Prime Faction election. Thank you."He finished. The members than gave a cheer for him. Vandal left for his home.

That night in bed Vandal wondered, who will lead us next?

Cedric looked up to see a woman. She was covered in threads beutiful to see. She wore a crown.Monarch, Cedric thought. He gazed apon her she was beautiful, absolutly Beautiful. He began to smile, untill she spoke, her voice sounded like a siren song.
"Hola, soy Hatshepsut, regla de España. Le he dado la bienvenida todo aquí para decirle que un ciudadano de Arete haya procurado ensamblarnos.
Usted vota sí o no."She said. Cedric did not understnd it but it sounded beautiful.:)love:)
Cedric heard alot of sí's. She spoke again.
"Entonces estamos desided, usted podemos vivir aquí en Madrid. ¿Cuál es su nombre?"She asked.
Cecric looked at her confused:)confused:)
"What is your name?" She asked again.
"Cedric, ma'am"He said.
"Good, take him to the palace, I will get his citizen papers there";)She said and winked.

Cedric was then realesed and sent to the palace. There he got his citizen papers and was given a room in the palace, where he would document Spain's history.

This was going well for him, then it turned for the better again.

For 1 year Cedric had lived in Hatshepsut's palace now. He and Hatshepsut were getting closer and closer. He was now a noble-for-life in Hatshepsut's court, and was her favorite noble. But now, Cedric's life got interesting, very interesting.

Cedric awoke that mourning with a start. He sat up in his bed sweating. He looked over to the other side of his bed where he saw Hatshepsut. Cedric got up out of bed went over to Hatshepsut's side where he leaned down to kiss her. She smiled and rolled over. He got dressed in a long flowing black robe. He pulled his quiver and bow on. And left for the city. He then went to the Hindu monastary where he practiced yoga, and chanted with the monks. He then prayed to Hatshepsut, goddess of Beauty, romance, and fertility, and Desu, god of Power, and metal. He then walked back to the Palace were Hatshepsut gave the monthly "status of the State" adress. He walked into the room where everyone was being seated. He sat in his chair and waited for the Adress.

"People of Madrid,"Hatshepsut began" It is time for the monthly Status of the State. Our economy is burganding, and-"She continued to state Spain's status as a nation. About an hour later she finished her adress."Finally, I have something very important to tell all of you. I have gone to the scientists of Madrid, where they stated that I am pregnant!"She said with excitement. Everyone cheered in the room. Cedric just sat in the chair:dubious:. With his eyes widened he began to clap. Cedricthen began to twitch:twitch:.

Later that day Cedric walked around the city. Later that night he got to his room where he opened the door and Hatshepsut ran to hug him. She smiled and said"I'm so happy!".
Cedric finally recovering from the shock said" Yeah, I'm happy to!"

OCC-This thread has strayed from the topic of rebellion so I would like all to roleplay their status post-rebellion

In the main forum the rebellion is mentioned in the history, and Weapons Masters presented as expert jugglers with weapons.

Top Bottom