The future of Fall from Heaven

Hi, Kael. If you still peeking on this particular thread I have a couple suggestion about the financial backing you could get if you still want to do the game.
1. Choose mod approach like hallmacher have said above. Develop a full mod for civ5 and gain attention, some day Steam or any other digital distribution may knocking at the mod or you could propose to them about option to sell better shape of the mods
2. Choose Minecraft / Beta Test approach. You could develop first and few version at free then become alpha version with option to buy full game at later date with lower price and so on (PS. Don't use ever Paypal for this approach :p)
3. Just develop the platform mod for any other modder to further enhance it like ffh2 maybe.

Cheers. Waiting for your team big work.

Kick-ass job keeping FFH going! I hope to see an FFH mod in the future for Civ 5. Will be lurking the forums until updates.

How about Civ 5's next expansion fixes all the huge problems for it and makes it more balanced?

How about Civ 5's next expansion fixes all the huge problems for it and makes it more balanced?
Heh, agreed. :p

Still, it'd be awesome to see a FFH (or equivalent) mod for Civ5. Not sure if it'll happen, but I'd play it to death if it did. :)

Would be interested to hear any more news on the FFH-game front if you have any, Kael.

There's a rumor going around on the SD forums (will be proven true or false today most lkely) that Kael has been hired by Stardock to work on Elemental.

That would be interesting. (I really doubt SD hired Brian Reynolds or Sid Meier)

Huh. Really would not have expected that, but apparently his role is similar to his old job...

Hey, maybe Elemental will even be a half-way decent game after a few months with Kael as Senior Producer? God knows it can't hurt it any.

He'll have the resources. SD should have about 40% of its budget left for Elemental. (SD tends to keep half of its budget for post-release) Brad is one of the best AI programmers, which will cover the biggest hole in FFH to boot.

This is a very good move.

Wehehehe! FfH2 is epic win, and I was already excited about the future of Elemental. Now that Kael
has joined forces with the Stardockians, a new age of 4X TBS gaming has most certaintly dawned!

Assuming Wardell keeps to just the AI.
...Or, CEO Brad Wardell could stick to just design and AI without bothering with all the little details that come with running a multi-million dollar software and publishing company, and building a brand new gaming engine from scratch, and creating a viable alternative to steamworks, and keeping an active public role in the fan community, and... ;~p Brads got development and design skills. He envisioned and began the creation of something grand. Now he adds yet another talented visionary to his team. It's all good.

Thanks guys! I had a great opportunity to go onsite at Stardock and sit and talk about games with Brad and the Elemental team. We had a great time and I'm very excited to be working with them.

Congratulations are in order!:clap::hatsoff::woohoo: It seems you got a break after all. Stardock + "Kael" = BIG win for gamers!!! I can't describe the joy I feel right now (especially since I DESPISE Steam). As Spock would say, "live long and prosper". :D

This is one of those classic win-win situations for everybody. Cheers and congratulations to the man of the hour!! :king:

Top Bottom