The future of Fall from Heaven

@Magister...
well I always DL your mods :D
but now I'm stuck in a MoM loop... :
trying to become better and better at this "new" game that is neither fish (FFH) nor fowl (Master Of Magic)....

I think I'll revert back to yours very soon.... in 2 games or some... maybe in 2-3 monthes :D

Was Kickstarter ever utilized for this? I would have paid so much. Civilization 4 came out when I was little and it become the most influential game of my life, in no small part thanks to Fall From Heaven. To this day I've never been so enthralled with a world. Other fantasy universes now always fall short in comparison. It feels like nothing will ever be as good as FfH.

I believe the creators wanted all donations to go to Unicef charity

it's never too late to fulfill Kael's opinion on this and give to Unicef :D

forget it. he's a stardock thrall now. and he just succeeded in polishing a turd into a mediocre game. his career is clearly on the rise ...

Yep, wish Kael had stayed with FFH. Would've been fantastic if Kael had been like Toady from Dwarf Fortress and chosen to keep developing FFH, adding more and more features, races and other stuff.

forget it. he's a stardock thrall now. and he just succeeded in polishing a turd into a mediocre game. his career is clearly on the rise ...

dude. we understand you've got a quarrell going on vs Stardock, but calling Kael a thrall just throws your credibility down the crapper.

a minion then ...

... said the fanboy ...

Is there any mod for CiV similar to FfH2 out there?

I'm quite disappointed that the prospering CiV4 modding community seems to have cooled down a lot :-/

Is CiV that hostile to modding?

well, I'll orient you to this thread
there is not the same depth.. but mainly because there is a HUGE lack of art modability in ciV.
but regarding the mechanics.. 2-3 mods seems to be on the right track

Is there any mod for CiV similar to FfH2 out there?
No, and probably never will be. There is currently a WWII mod of similar quality. Maybe there will be fantasy mods of similar quality in a year or two. Stay tuned.

Calling Civ5 hostile to modding is not quite right, though not entirely wrong. There was an excruciating delay in DLL release, bad documentation (until a modder did it), and the 3D art was done in a format that was (until a few weeks ago) pretty much impenetrable to modders (if I understand correctly there were 3rd party propriety issues that made this difficult). Probably those things got Civ5 off to a very bad start for modding. On the other hand, I can do things in Civ5 without DLL that would be inconceivable in Civ4 without DLL. The sorts of mechanisms you see in FFH would have been much easier to code in Civ5 (well, now it would be, with current documentation and modder tools). Most if it would not even require DLL modification.

I thought the Rife team was gonna work on a fantasy mod .... did that fall through?

Top Bottom