Resource icon

The Great Lost Civilizations v1.0 - available ! 1.0

Hmmm, perhaps a couple of leaderheads I've either done or about to do will suit some of these; for example, maybe this leaderhead will suit the Roman guy:

If you want to use him, click on the 5th Century theme pack in my signature, and you can download him from there.

Great mod, LBPB! This version is much faster than the last one. Congratulations! How did you do that? I stopped playing the ancient med. mod, because it was simply not playable on my computer (1GHZ, 256MB). It took several minutes to get to the next turn. Playing the GLC for many turns I noticed no speed difference to the normal epic game.

Just some remarks, you probably noticed that already:

- The luxury ressources in the city screen are not displayed correctly
- Game balance: I think the western half of the map is quite empty concerning starting positions for civs. Perhaps you should include an Iberian or Celtic tribe?
- I think there is a lack of offensive units in the first age. Perhaps you could implement one more attacker, or rise the attack value of the bowman

Keep on your great work!

Lares said:
Great mod, LBPB! This version is much faster than the last one. Congratulations! How did you do that? I stopped playing the ancient med. mod, because it was simply not playable on my computer (1GHZ, 256MB). It took several minutes to get to the next turn. Playing the GLC for many turns I noticed no speed difference to the normal epic game.
Thanks Lares ! :king:
It took me more than a year to tweak the game the right way (And not less than 4 Beta versions).
The secret is to not rushing to release a new Mod. :whipped: :coffee:

Lares said:
- The luxury ressources in the city screen are not displayed correctly
I've noticed that and this is weird because something as changed in the standart engine since the luxury resources appeared right in the Beta 3 under PTW...
I have to recheck that part... :(

Lares said:
- Game balance: I think the western half of the map is quite empty concerning starting positions for civs. Perhaps you should include an Iberian or Celtic tribe?
We gotta ask the other players what they prefere since I make it that way, because Carthage and Rome are 'late' powers, adding Barbarians as Civs (wich IMHO is not accurate) will stop their expension and their would not be large empire by 300BC in the moment they should fight each other...
Since it's only my opinion, it could change if other peoples preferes this way...

Lares said:
- I think there is a lack of offensive units in the first age. Perhaps you could implement one more attacker, or rise the attack value of the bowman
Wich civs lack offensive units ? Could you be more specific ?

Nevertheless keep sending feedbacks about the game. I need them to balance the Civs powers with each others. :goodjob:

LBPB said:
Wich civs lack offensive units ? Could you be more specific ?

Well, I just played the Etrurians up to the second age, and all over this time the bowman was the only available offensive unit. For comparison: The normal epic game includes the Archer (2/1/1), the Horseman (2/1/2) and especially the Swordsman (3/2/1).

Of cause, this a question of design. So if you want the game to grow slowly, this is probably the right way. But in my opinion, some better offensive units in the first age would improve the gaming experience: You could wage some early wars on some neighbouring civs, like in my case the Romans.

This looks great, although I have one small problem, the computer I play civ on is not connected to the internet, is there anyway that I could fit this on to a 128mb Flash Drive? Could I split it up into parts, and then recreate it on my civ computer?

Nice work. Looks great! :thumbsup:

@Lares
You're right for the Etruscans. I'll rework their unit list.
The major problem here is that there's no more Etruscan units available on this forums, I have them all already included in the game.
I'll make news requests to the units creators if one of them is willing to do some...

@Vostos
I not sure to understand. If you have to download the mod on an other PC than yours then have to copy the datas on your flash drive. Why didn't you download the mod on this PC and unzip it here ?? This way you can carry as much datas as you want at a time...

@Yaype
Thank you

@vostos: I put it on a 128 MB drive. Just unzip the file on the computer, where you downloaded the original file and compress it again using rar-format with the highest compression rate. In my case, the new file had around 108 MB or something like this.

You should use an older figure for Gaius Marius. He was a 'New Man', without
ancestors of note, and as a result was quite old (nearly 50) when he obtained ultimate power.

The authenticated busts of him are of that age.

This mod is right up there with Rhye's of Civilization its that good! :)

LBPB said:
that's not a big deal cause I'm only in the planing phase so no needs to hurry. :king:

This list is non-exhaustive for the moment.
And I need only ancient era one...
I'll will need :
- Antiochos III Emperor of Seleucidian Empire
- King of Pergamus (Asia)
- Ptolemee King of Egypt
- Philip V or Persee King of Macedonia
- Mithridates King of Pontus
- Marius Roman general

:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Would that be a mod focusing on Rome by you, LBPB? :cooool:
Besides, I second these requests, they of course would also find a cozy spot in RFRE and fit great with the other R8XFT's leaderheads!!!

pinktilapia said:
Would that be a mod focusing on Rome by you, LBPB? :cooool:

No it won't, all major Civs will be playable. You will be able to select Carthage and crush Rome in the punis wars ! ;)
btw, I'll need more Leaderheads and even more UU for all the Civs.

I think, I found a bug while playing the Egyptians. I aquired the marble ressource by trading with the romans. From that point on I was able to build marble works in every single city connected by trade routes. Is this intended or did you want, that this city improvement may be build in cities with a marbe ressource in their city radius? If the first is the case, marble would be a super-ressource, with a +50% tax effect all over your empire in addition to improving the happiness of your people ...

I'm Egypt, a miracle has happened and the Pyramids(tile bonus=0-8-1)have appeared and Thebes can build everything really quickly is that meant to happen?

Top Bottom