Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Nuka-sama, Feb 5, 2017.
why is everyone going for Persia
1. Jin- Would like to play a Chinese/Mexican mixed empire in the New World.
2. Rome - Want to try and reform the Empire
3. Holy Roman Empire - Try to navigate European politics and combat British influence.
@All please be sure to CC both me AND Masada in PMs going forward
If I can't do America, I would like to do Hispania. I'm studying Spain in history class right now so I feel playing as hispania would help me understand more about Spain.
3. Dai Nippon. Why stop at two? I'll make ten.
2. Jin. Everyone else would drink too much.
1. Song. I need to see this meme through to the end.
Houji and Hispania could absolutely use some more applicants
Houji is the most populous country in the world, a powerful government with Asia's best cavalry. Has the opportunity to not only influence events in East Asia, but also in Russia and the Middle East. Their economy is also ticking upwards at a good pace, and will be aided by their natural resources.
Hispania has arguably the best European navy, and though it has some work cut out for it, their potential is extremely high. If you're looking for a country that has influence on every continent, the only option you have is Hispania. Hispania's diversified economy and political structure too will allow for some very interesting development paths; I doubt no two players would have the same results.
If anyone is curious here is the current distribution of sign ups
1. 大日本帝國 [Dai Nippon Teikoku] - As stated previously, I am already very invested in this setting. I would love to detail the balance between the theoretical and practical powers of the Shōgun, the Emperor, and the Shugo and Daimyō. In particular, I would enjoy trying to severely reduce and reorganize the powers and territories of the already weakened feudal lords to be more in line with the traditional imperial now Shōgunate administrative boundaries. While I am definitely more of a peaceful cultural player, I'll try my best to pursue an alternative fukoku kyōhei, as it were, and try to preserve and even expand Nihon's territory.
2. Η Βασιλεία Ρωμαίων [I Vasileía Romaíon]/ Imperiul Roman - Where else do you see not!Romanians at the head of a multiethnic internally divided state? I would personally push a policy of patriele [resettlement] as well as attempt to propagate a distinctly Roman identity based more in dynastic loyalty than personal heritage. Also I'd like to push the limba română as a potential national language.
I'm going to have sign ups go for another 32 hours or so before I begin confirming nations
I'd like to change my nation order:
1. Houji. I like calvary and especially striking enemies in the back while they are engaged with my infantry. I also would like to try playing an Asian nation in a iot.
2. Hispania. (Reason already listed in this thread)
Tall order in the age of infantry square formations, but suit yourself.
Depending on the exact time frame, bayonets/melee related deaths would account for... around 1% of total casualties in combat.
1. Egypt: mainly interested to see how it'll go. I also like the "defender of the faith" aspect and plan on delivering on that particular schtick.
2. Hispania: You don't often see Spain in a prospective place of power at this point and a fully realized Spanish Empire would be pretty awesome to try to run in this period.
3. Japan: I've been looking more into Japan's history recently and am currently thoroughly enjoying it. That being said, give it to bair probably, he seems much more ready to really follow through with what it takes to be the kind of Japan this TL contains. That being said, catch me if you need another one at the helm.
Throwing in for Europe.
Wildcard me. I'll take whatever you throw at me.
I did not realize this was an option. I will do this instead of my previous list.
HERE ARE THE COUNTRY SELECTIONS!
The Dominions- Shadowbound: May the Welsh always feel the yoke on their necks.
Holy Roman Empire- Seon: A tall order is ahead of you. Careful, careful thought will be required before each action.
Hispania-Tyo: Hispania's world empire is at the edge; I have confidence you can pull it away and steer it towards new heights.
Sweden-J.K. Stock.: There is no debate; I think you'll be great.
Poland-Omega: Make liberty golden again
Rome-Bair the Normal: The Empire's glory will require perseverance. Persevere, and you will ensure the Empire lives until the end of time
Egypt-Ahigin: Ok we get it, you like Egypt I'm excited to see how you make Egypt survive and thrive
Persia-SouthernKing: Really excited to see where you take this Persian state! Just remember, the more you conquer, the more you can rename!
Houji-Christos: A white dude loving Chinese culture? You'll fit right in
Japan-Decamper: The kamikaze blows once more. Are you prepared?
Song-Double A: I couldn't resist. Kowtow to the Zhao.
Jin-inthesomeday: I found your goals for Jin well reasoned and thought out. Excited to see how you play.
If you received a country, I will be sending you a PM with detailed information about your national situations. These should be arriving over the course of this week.
If you did NOT receive a country, I would invite you to stick around; either as a reserve, or as a player for any new Great Powers that arise (and there may be a few!)
I'm finishing up the ruleset and Update 0. Once those are ready, I will post the main thread and we shall begin!
but yeah, i'll stick around for stuff that might open up
Same for me.
Separate names with a comma.