1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Greatest Game (Pre-Thread)

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Nuka-sama, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

why is everyone going for Persia

2. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

3. christopher_sni

christopher_sni Chieftain

1. Jin- Would like to play a Chinese/Mexican mixed empire in the New World.
    2. Rome - Want to try and reform the Empire
    3. Holy Roman Empire - Try to navigate European politics and combat British influence.

4. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

@All please be sure to CC both me AND Masada in PMs going forward

5. Sniiperman456

Sniiperman456 Chieftain

If I can't do America, I would like to do Hispania. I'm studying Spain in history class right now so I feel playing as hispania would help me understand more about Spain.

6. Double A

Double A wak

3. Dai Nippon. Why stop at two? I'll make ten.
    2. Jin. Everyone else would drink too much.
    1. Song. I need to see this meme through to the end.

7. Nuka-sama

Houji and Hispania could absolutely use some more applicants :)

Houji is the most populous country in the world, a powerful government with Asia's best cavalry. Has the opportunity to not only influence events in East Asia, but also in Russia and the Middle East. Their economy is also ticking upwards at a good pace, and will be aided by their natural resources.

Hispania has arguably the best European navy, and though it has some work cut out for it, their potential is extremely high. If you're looking for a country that has influence on every continent, the only option you have is Hispania. Hispania's diversified economy and political structure too will allow for some very interesting development paths; I doubt no two players would have the same results.

If anyone is curious here is the current distribution of sign ups

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  8. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

1. 大日本帝國 [Dai Nippon Teikoku] - As stated previously, I am already very invested in this setting. I would love to detail the balance between the theoretical and practical powers of the Shōgun, the Emperor, and the Shugo and Daimyō. In particular, I would enjoy trying to severely reduce and reorganize the powers and territories of the already weakened feudal lords to be more in line with the traditional imperial now Shōgunate administrative boundaries. While I am definitely more of a peaceful cultural player, I'll try my best to pursue an alternative fukoku kyōhei, as it were, and try to preserve and even expand Nihon's territory.

2. Η Βασιλεία Ρωμαίων [I Vasileía Romaíon]/ Imperiul Roman - Where else do you see not!Romanians at the head of a multiethnic internally divided state? I would personally push a policy of patriele [resettlement] as well as attempt to propagate a distinctly Roman identity based more in dynastic loyalty than personal heritage. Also I'd like to push the limba română as a potential national language.

9. Nuka-sama

I'm going to have sign ups go for another 32 hours or so before I begin confirming nations

10. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

I'd like to change my nation order:

1. Hispania
    2. Persia
    3. Sweden

11. Sniiperman456

Sniiperman456 Chieftain

my list:
    1. Houji. I like calvary and especially striking enemies in the back while they are engaged with my infantry. I also would like to try playing an Asian nation in a iot.
    2. Hispania. (Reason already listed in this thread)

12. Ahigin

Ahigin Chieftain

Tall order in the age of infantry square formations, but suit yourself.

13. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Depending on the exact time frame, bayonets/melee related deaths would account for... around 1% of total casualties in combat.

14. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

1. Egypt: mainly interested to see how it'll go. I also like the "defender of the faith" aspect and plan on delivering on that particular schtick.
    2. Hispania: You don't often see Spain in a prospective place of power at this point and a fully realized Spanish Empire would be pretty awesome to try to run in this period.
    3. Japan: I've been looking more into Japan's history recently and am currently thoroughly enjoying it. That being said, give it to bair probably, he seems much more ready to really follow through with what it takes to be the kind of Japan this TL contains. That being said, catch me if you need another one at the helm.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  15. Ophorian

Ophorian Holy Britannian Emperor

Throwing in for Europe.

1) France
    2) Hispania

16. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Wildcard me. I'll take whatever you throw at me.

17. Sniiperman456

Sniiperman456 Chieftain

I did not realize this was an option. I will do this instead of my previous list.

18. Nuka-sama

HERE ARE THE COUNTRY SELECTIONS!

The Dominions- Shadowbound: May the Welsh always feel the yoke on their necks.
    Holy Roman Empire- Seon: A tall order is ahead of you. Careful, careful thought will be required before each action.
    Hispania-Tyo: Hispania's world empire is at the edge; I have confidence you can pull it away and steer it towards new heights.
    Sweden-J.K. Stock.: There is no debate; I think you'll be great.
    Poland-Omega: Make liberty golden again
    Rome-Bair the Normal: The Empire's glory will require perseverance. Persevere, and you will ensure the Empire lives until the end of time
    Egypt-Ahigin: Ok we get it, you like Egypt ;) I'm excited to see how you make Egypt survive and thrive
    Persia-SouthernKing: Really excited to see where you take this Persian state! Just remember, the more you conquer, the more you can rename!
    Houji-Christos: A white dude loving Chinese culture? You'll fit right in
    Japan-Decamper: The kamikaze blows once more. Are you prepared?
    Song-Double A: I couldn't resist. Kowtow to the Zhao.
    Jin-inthesomeday: I found your goals for Jin well reasoned and thought out. Excited to see how you play.

If you received a country, I will be sending you a PM with detailed information about your national situations. These should be arriving over the course of this week.

If you did NOT receive a country, I would invite you to stick around; either as a reserve, or as a player for any new Great Powers that arise (and there may be a few!)

I'm finishing up the ruleset and Update 0. Once those are ready, I will post the main thread and we shall begin!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  19. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

saddies...
    but yeah, i'll stick around for stuff that might open up

20. Sniiperman456

Sniiperman456 Chieftain

Same for me.