The Hundred Years War

Balam-Agab

God King

Charles IV, King of France, has died without a male heir. The French nobles have given the throne to Philip of Valois, the king’s cousin. But another has claims to the French throne. King Edward III of England, who is also Charles' cousin, claims the French throne as his own. Edward seeks to take crown of France through whatever means necessary and prepares his army for an invasion of France.

The Scenario
The scenario opens with England and Burgundy in a locked alliance against France and Castile. England already owns most of Brittany and Aquitaine at the start of the game, 1328. The game ends in the year 1448 after 120 turns. Victory is attained through either domination (66% of both terrain and population) or through victory points (40000). There are VP locations at important cities in France and at all English controlled cites in Brittany and Aquitaine. Each of civ has a unique Elite Heavy Cavalry (The Knight, Cavalier, Knight-errant and Caballero are the Elite Heavy Cavalry units of England, France, Burgundy and Castile respectively) which, upon defeating an enemy unit, can take a prisoner. These prisoners can be returned to a victory point location and ‘ransomed’ to receive 200 VPs and 200 gold.

Civs:
Playable

England
France
Non Playable
Burgundy
Castile

Great Wonders
Notre Dame (doubles effect of cathedrals)
Royal Armory (1/2 upgrade costs)
Hôtel-Dieu (healing in enemy territory and increased city growth)
Froissart’s Chronicles (double research)
Military Academy (build armies without leader, +1 army capacity, barracks in all cities)
Mont Saint-Michel (+2 happy in all cities)
Knights Templar (Crusader every 8 turns)
Oxford University (double research)

Additional Buildings
Castle (+50% Defense)
Monastery (replaces Aqueduct)
Mill (+25% production)
Tourney (+ 2 happy)

Units:

buildable by all unless otherwise noted
Pikeman
Militia
Man-at-arms
Flemish Pikeman
Crusader
Medieval Archer
Crossbowman (Fr, Cas)
Longbowman (Eng, Bur)
Heavy Cavalry
Knight (Eng)
Cavalier (Fr)
Knight-errant (Bur)
Caballero (Cas)
Mangonel
Trebuchet
Cannon
Galley

If you find any bugs or historical errors please don’t hesitate to tell me.

Credits:
Units: Utahjazz7, BeBro, Aaglo, CamJH
Buildings: PCHighway
Leaderheads: R8XFT, CivArmy s. 1994
Terrain: Ares Terrain with a few minor modifications (I used the standard borders and VPs as well as Rhye’s marshes)

If I forgot anybody please let me know and I’ll add you.

Biq:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96378/The_Hundred_Years_War.zip

Other files can be found at :
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%203/Mods/Hundred%20Years%20War//Hundred%20Years%20War.zip

Screenshots:

The top portion of the map, showing England, Brittany, Burgundy and part of France

The Tech Tree

The diplomacy screen

Civilopedia entry for the Chevalier

Looks good. I'll try and play this over the weekend.

One question I have, though, is that the 'pedia entry for the Chevalier says that VP's for returning the flag are 200, however, at the top of the page, it says 500. You may want to correct one of them :)

Virote_Considon:
I fixed the top of the page, it was a typo :blush:

soren_4ever:
I thought i zipped it in, sorry. i've added a link to the first post.

I downloaded this and it crashes when I try to play it. What sould I do?

i need more detals on the crash, what exactly hppens?

I select my civ try to load the scenario and it crashes and returns to the desktop. No error message.

Tommy:
are you shure the folder is in the right place?
you might also re-download and see if the same thing happens.

Virote_Considon said:
I seem to be able to play it, Tommy. Is there a civ in particular you try and select?

I was trying to play as England. ( So I can use the English Longbowman)

Virote_Considon said:
I seem to be able to play it, Tommy. Is there a civ in particular you try and select?

I was trying to play as England. ( So I can use the English Longbowman)

@Tommy: No idea. Maybe try re-downloading.

@Balam: There seems to be a problem with the units32 file. Have you changed the palettes at all?

I fixed the palette problem. thanks for pointing it out. I'll upload it later when i have more fixes 'cause it dosn't effect the game at all.

Top Bottom