1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Iberian Conflict - An RFC Scenario

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by The Turk, Oct 10, 2010.

1. srpt

srpt Deist

do you have a map you want to use? if you do I can probably make you a SoI DLL that would run it. it would be all SoI content except the map, but you should be able to take it from there.

2. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

That would be very generous SRPT, the problem being is that I'm in the middle of my midterms at the moment, and won't have much time until the end of my university at the end of April. But perhaps then, I'll take you up on your offer, if you are still willing! :)

3. Askiya

Askiya Chieftain

I actually have no idea how to mod, but I am interested in learning to. If anybody could point me to a useful guide or book or something, then I would definetely complete this project for you. But it would probaby take a while because of my lack of former modding experience.

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Modding Civ or RFC can't really be learned from a book. The best way to start is simply take a peek into its files, imo. For example, it's not too hard to figure out how to handle XML because it doesn't really require programming. Make small changes and see if it works out at first.

Next step is the Python files. If you already know a programming language, it shouldn't be too hard to learn. If you don't there are several guides on this board, I would recommend Baldyr's.

If you've come so that far we can talk about DLL modding ;)