The Iberian Conflict - An RFC Scenario

As I've already promised you, I will tell you as soon as you've set up a C++ compiler.

It's not difficult, but it doesn't make sense to tell you the details before you're able to do anything with the code.

As I've already promised you, I will tell you as soon as you've set up a C++ compiler.

It's not difficult, but it doesn't make sense to tell you the details before you're able to do anything with the code.

Give me some time, as I'm hoping to fix this ridiculous WBS file error, which is not allowing me to remove and add cities. Once thats figured out, I'll start with the C++ Compiler. Out of curiosity, is that like a program I need to install? (sorry I'm a really noob :mischief: )

Basically yes (you need to download a compiler and a development environment). Read Kael's guide, it is really good to take you at its hand during the whole process. I didn't know anything about that as well beforehand and also managed to do it :)

Basically yes (you need to download a compiler and a development environment). Read Kael's guide, it is really good to take you at its hand during the whole process. I didn't know anything about that as well beforehand and also managed to do it :)
Oh excellent theirs a guide! But do you know where I could find it, as I don't know who this "Kael" is? Thanks!

http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/How_to_Install_the_SDK
I've used above tutorial but with better Makefile (which made everything 3x easier). I'll post a link in a minute.
[EDIT]:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370861
With that forgot about:
The files you need are added now. What is left to do is to set up the configuration(s) for compiling the project.

* Click -Project- -CvGameCoreDLL Properties-. The "CvGameCoreDLL Properties Pages" window will open.
* In the left-hand box under "Configuration Properties" select "NMake".
* In the upper-right-hand corner click the "Configuration Manager" button. The "Configuration Manager" window will open.
* In the upper-left-hand box named "Active solution configuration", click the drop-down button and select &#8216;<Edit&#8230;>&#8217;. The &#8216;Edit Solution Configurations&#8217; window will open.
* Keep the "Debug" Configuration.
* Select "Release" and click the "Rename" button. Change the name from "Release" to "Final_Release". Click "Rename". Click "Yes".
* Close the "Edit Solution Configurations" window.
* In the "Project contexts" window, in the "Configurations" column, click the drop-down button and select "<Edit&#8230;>". The "Edit Project Configurations" window will open. Repeat the steps above to rename "Release" to "Final_Release". Keep "Debug" here as well.

Later instead of "nmake clean_Final_Release" you type "nmake Release_clean" and so on (_clean at the end, don't type "Final_")

Oh excellent theirs a guide! But do you know where I could find it, as I don't know who this "Kael" is? Thanks!
I sent you a link in my email. But LuKo's guide works as well.

http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/How_to_Install_the_SDK
I've used above tutorial but with better Makefile (which made everything 3x easier). I'll post a link in a minute.
[EDIT]:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370861
With that forgot about:

Later instead of "nmake clean_Final_Release" you type "nmake Release_clean" and so on (_clean at the end, don't type "Final_")
Thanks! I'll start looking through it now! :)

I sent you a link in my email. But LuKo's guide works as well.

Thanks! But shamefully I did not receive anything in my inbox :(

It was in the first mail I sent to you. But for the sake of simplicity, there it is.

Are you making a whole new RFC mod of only Spain, or is it regular Rfc with Spain expanded a little?

Are you making a whole new RFC mod of only Spain, or is it regular Rfc with Spain expanded a little?

Well so far, all my work has been halted by the fact that I can't change and then save a normal WBS save file, without the game crashing :(
But the idea behind the scenario, is to have a regular game as RFC, but you can only play as the Spanish, Portuguese or Moors (perhaps expanded later on). And the game would be slowed down, so that you would have room for more events, which would pop-up for the player, depending on which civilization he was playing.

Have you made plans to edit the existing UBs? Spain's in particular. I'm curious about Citadel's fate because it always struck me a bit odd.

Have you made plans to edit the existing UBs? Spain's in particular. I'm curious about Citadel's fate because it always struck me a bit odd.
Could not agree more! Yes it will be changed, for the time being though, I will stick with a citadel.

What will the timeline be for now?

Timeline will be from 711 (Tariq ibn Ziyad crosses into Gibraltar) to roughly 1500 (1492, last Moors and Jews are expelled)

Well, for now, I can't even edit the WBS file, without the game crashing, so I can't really do anything, until I figure out what the hell is going on, because I can't even edit the map....

Sorry about the map but here are few ideas until the game is fixed.
There are only 9 major civilizations of Spain: Castille, Portugal, Leon, Navarre, Aragon, Al-Andalus(Cordoba), Almoravids, Almohads, and Granada.
But there are a few major Taifa states: Valencia, Zaragoza, Badajoz, Toledo, Seville, Carmona, Majorca, and Albarracin. (Granada was also a powerful Taifa state then)
That's a total of 17 (or 18 with Taifa Grenada)
If you include northern Africa, then you can add a few more civs
The Taifa states lasted roughly between 50-120 years. So turn wise it would be 1 or 2 years per turn to make it last long.
The map of Spain should be about double at least than the one on RFCEurope to make enough room.

Sorry about the map but here are few ideas until the game is fixed.
There are only 9 major civilizations of Spain: Castille, Portugal, Leon, Navarre, Aragon, Al-Andalus(Cordoba), Almoravids, Almohads, and Granada.
But there are a few major Taifa states: Valencia, Zaragoza, Badajoz, Toledo, Seville, Carmona, Majorca, and Albarracin. (Granada was also a powerful Taifa state then)
That's a total of 17 (or 18 with Taifa Grenada)
If you include northern Africa, then you can add a few more civs
The Taifa states lasted roughly between 50-120 years. So turn wise it would be 1 or 2 years per turn to make it last long.
The map of Spain should be about double at least than the one on RFCEurope to make enough room.

To be perfectly honest, this is going to have to be limited to the RFC normal map, plus 5 extra tiles along Portugal, to expand Spain more. I will also turn some Mountains into Hills, to afford more space, in Iberia. This is just a small scale test run for my self, before I try anything too ambitious. But nonetheless, thank you for the ideas! :D And yes, I will be considering to add in other civilizations such as Aragon, as well as Castilla y Leon; mostly through dynamic civ names though. As for the Almoravids and Almohads, well I have special plans for them, so you will have to see for yourself, once I finally get the WBS save to work :p

Could you be more precise on your WBS problem? What did you change, and what did the resulting Python exception say (I expect you got one)? Maybe we can offer some help.

Could you be more precise on your WBS problem? What did you change, and what did the resulting Python exception say (I expect you got one)? Maybe we can offer some help.

Thanks! I've been trying to fix it for a while, using different methods, but to no avail :(
I'll post up a complete post on my problem by tomorrow. But thanks for the help! :)

Is this mod dead? Because it sounds interesring.

To put it simply this mod is dead, but if you have any modding skill, you can pick it up again, and I'd be more than willing to help you.

This could probably be adapted from RFC Europe as a ModModMod

I personally don't really like the RFC Europe Spanish map, I did find a pre-made map, but I would use the Sword of Islam game mechanics, which I find simpler to use and a lot smoother to add things to (like religions, provinces, civilizations etc.) Alternatively if I had the time, I would have expanded the map of SoI to include more of North Africa and Spain, which of course would have been awesome! But alas I have no idea how to expand a map to that length.... :sad:

Top Bottom