The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #1

Mutineer - i see you have a lot of fun here :D How are you tech wise? Is it late to do the good old bomber rush?

I can build bombers, but ai has too mach of aa... and I have to sell about 20 petrol(I believe for happiness), I still have 20, mostly from ice size 1 city I took from Ethiopia in peace deal after he dow me by some reason(I suspect Venice bribed him, but After I bribed Persia and clean up his I will take your capital invasion force with logistic range frigates hi give it to me and I was very happy, this city alone provide 20 units of petrol. To be try I never play that late in game and in tech deficit... so I do not really know how..

Your game is very differnt from mine Mutineer. I never met Persia. I think the huns may have rolled Persia. Im not sure since I have not scouted to the West at all after taking down Assyria.

Your game is very differnt from mine Mutineer. I never met Persia or Askia. I think the huns may have rolled Persia and maybe Ethiopia beat down Askia. Im not sure since I have not scouted to the West at all after taking down Assyria.

That sounds impossible. Gao is to your immediate north, I don't really see a way to not meet Askia first, unless you don't explore :)

Here is save, enjoy :)

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0363 AD-1943.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
That sounds impossible. Gao is to your immediate north, I don't really see a way to not meet Askia first, unless you don't explore :)

accident my friend I took out askia turn 65 in my game and forgot about him. I readjusted my post lol!

Here is save, enjoy :)

Its quite a mess indeed :p Venice was easy, but what kind of agreement prevents the peace there? Did someone (Darius pay you to go to war)?

I don't understand few things in your game tho - first Tanks are inferior to bombers. Second - your tanks are very generic, I'd expect to see tanks if you have several veteran horsemans, that get to modern armor and then tanks. I didn't see a tank with blitz for example.

Now radar makes you get Zero - zero needs no oil, so you can have like 30 bombers and upgrade the triplanes (I have no idea why you need that many tbh). So if you wanna speed it up, I suggest following :

Start building GWB pretty much in every city you can get em fast (but get the military academy, armory, etc. first) and especially in Kyoto with the gate - that while you finish up with Venice and while moving troops back. Get 3-4 carriers with cities in Satsuma and Cusco and 1-2 destroyers (upgrade (military buildings there too first), get Airport in Tokio and maybe in Satsuma. Get 2-3 privateers if its possible, so you can upgrade to Destroyers once you get the tech.

declare on Darius, and kill his fleet, then take Tarsus and move in with the carriers. Ectabana should be easy, while you are busy with this get some paratroopers, so you can speed up Persepolis.

Its really a shame that you have no bombers here, these take care of business way faster than the tanks ... And the problem is that darius is far ahead of you, so time victory is out of question, he is building boosters already, so I don't think you can get to Stealth fast enough, as virgin 60XP bombers might not even be enough (the cities have quite the strenght already).

And you don't seem to use the spies properly - I'd steal from Darius for sure ... Don't see the use of a diplomat there srsly.

Your game is very differnt from mine Mutineer. I never met Persia. I think the huns may have rolled Persia. Im not sure since I have not scouted to the West at all after taking down Assyria.
I caught sight of their borders (twice!), but Atilla just kept steamrolling Persian cities the turn before I would be in range to meet Darius.

It's a shame Assyria didn't have a close AI neighbor, and isn't as inclined to roll city states as other AIs; Assyria and the Huns are my two favorite warmonger AIs, and I really enjoy watching them go nuts.

The extreme embarrassment of a turn 401 victory is tempered a little by a small amount of pride in keeping Atilla / Assyria and the Inca fighting each other until then :blush::lol:

Went domination, started on Gao, but knew I didn't have the fighting skill. Went science. As it was, Pac. was finishing a part every three or so turns. So if I hadn't sold off half my army for cash (to buy the last part), probably would have lost.

BTW, maybe just the noobie (never played a game like Civ until ~~9 months ago), but when someone says "Sometimes it boggles me that anyone can struggle with Imm Level on Civ V (BNW or not)" it is neither encouraging nor helpful. Saying how you did it or putting up a Let's Play (please!) or more details. Just a suggestion.

ps: thanks for the series!

Trying out Coastal ICS as shown in this thread:
Spoiler :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=530468

Turn 1 Settled on Gold Also, Culture Ruin - skipped monument started scout

Turn 2 Pottery

Turn 4 Askia
Turn 5 policy
Turn 10 Culture again!

Spoiler :
Got Double Dow'd by Askia and Assyria Turn 55?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044705275/screenshot/570021503768275123
Assyria hasn't done anything

Turn-70 Construction
Taking a break to play multiplayer with friends :)

Its quite a mess indeed :p Venice was easy, but what kind of agreement prevents the peace there? Did someone (Darius pay you to go to war)?

I don't understand few things in your game tho - first Tanks are inferior to bombers. Second - your tanks are very generic, I'd expect to see tanks if you have several veteran horsemans, that get to modern armor and then tanks. I didn't see a tank with blitz for example.

Now radar makes you get Zero - zero needs no oil, so you can have like 30 bombers and upgrade the triplanes (I have no idea why you need that many tbh). So if you wanna speed it up, I suggest following :

Start building GWB pretty much in every city you can get em fast (but get the military academy, armory, etc. first) and especially in Kyoto with the gate - that while you finish up with Venice and while moving troops back. Get 3-4 carriers with cities in Satsuma and Cusco and 1-2 destroyers (upgrade (military buildings there too first), get Airport in Tokio and maybe in Satsuma. Get 2-3 privateers if its possible, so you can upgrade to Destroyers once you get the tech.

declare on Darius, and kill his fleet, then take Tarsus and move in with the carriers. Ectabana should be easy, while you are busy with this get some paratroopers, so you can speed up Persepolis.

Its really a shame that you have no bombers here, these take care of business way faster than the tanks ... And the problem is that darius is far ahead of you, so time victory is out of question, he is building boosters already, so I don't think you can get to Stealth fast enough, as virgin 60XP bombers might not even be enough (the cities have quite the strenght already).

And you don't seem to use the spies properly - I'd steal from Darius for sure ... Don't see the use of a diplomat there srsly.

Cav die ooff in previous wars.

You did not look, all cities have max mil buildings..

Venice had about 10 bombers at start of war, which clean up my arty the moment they went out of protection of fighters. You looking on remains..

Darius has great firewall, spying on him near to pointless...
I did not get to zero yet, do not have tech.

Did you actually look on save?

NO agreement prevent peace now I am not sure, I was happy when Darius asked me to declare on Venice, I just really want Venice wanders, especially happiness one

Ohh and in peace I tenmd to loose 100 gp turn... war keeping me positive...

BTW, maybe just the noobie (never played a game like Civ until ~~9 months ago), but when someone says "Sometimes it boggles me that anyone can struggle with Imm Level on Civ V (BNW or not)" it is neither encouraging nor helpful. Saying how you did it or putting up a Let's Play (please!) or more details. Just a suggestion.

I understand what your saying Zilther. That is why I also said in that same post that with a little Civ knowledge you should not have a problem. You have to admit you took my comment out of context. You need to read the next 3 to 4 sentences after the comment that you pasted out of my paragraph. Ill try to post up more info like B.O.s and such for this game, however I have many games and posts with more details. All that is needed if you really are struggling is a little more reading or watching some LPs to see how things are done to win. Now if your goal is win by a certain type of CV or faster win time you will need more knowledge and have to play optimal to keep shaving off those turns. I didn't really get into alot of what I did in this game because I think it would not be very helpful because all the things I have done are not a very precise way to play the game. Basically I did nothing except build a fast army to kill Askia asap. I moved that army over to Assyria which had no army whatsover and I took him down. After that I worked on a little science and got double dowed by Inca and Venice but they never showed up. I made sure to ally Kabul asap. I did not play nice with any civ really, basically no diplo with them except some trades for gold if they had any. Taking out Assyria helped with gold since he had Machu. He also had Chiz It, GW, Statue of Zeus which is helpful when taking down cities. Pretty nice combo to have and he had another wonder I forget which was a minor wonder. I understand people struggle and are at different levels at this game. I guess for me since I only ever played Deity since I bought the game moving down to Immortal makes the game feel like Im playing on Prince or Emp. Recently since I started playing posts and challenges I have played some Imm games and other levels.

I said that comment because basically I really did not follow any type of a structure this game. I went full Honor 1st which is bad for your growth and science compared to Trad or Liberty. My second city only got to pop 4 and I didn't care. It was stagnate for most of the game so far only getting to pop 5. I think my cap is at pop 12 right now on turn 288 which is probably the lowest at the turn time ever for me. So basically I am doing everything wrong and still winning. I took the tech lead at about 51% and am about 5% ahead of the avg now. I never had 1 RA yet this game and I usually have at least 1 every game. I still have not built NE, IW, ICE or any Factories in any cities at this late turn time. So with all the wrong moves and totally a who gives a poop attitude toward my game I am still rolling any civ I choose and ahead in tech. With that being said maybe you can understand how I have a hard time understanding how anyone with a little knowledge can struggle with this level and especially this map for sure. Look at your own game winning over 400 turns! I love that you still won over 400 turns. I do not think we should win over this amount of turns on Imm but I find it funny that we can and I enjoy pushing the game all the way to the brink like you did and winning just in the nick of time. Seriously though if you really have a specific question on what I did so far this game that I have not explained just ask away and I'll try to answer it asap.

I might be able to do it.
I finished Venice, declared on him, clean up his navy and currently occupy ex assuria.
I manage to beat him to space telescope. He still need 2 parts for sci win. I wander, I may be able to win by sci with all this GS's + I can buy couple using fault.

Or I might get to his capital first, he at Ethiopia capital, but does not seems to have land army. On demographic I am about = in power. He had 15K gold before I declaring on him now he has 300 gold. What he spend that on? darn...

Spoiler :
Another quick update.I just got hubble turn 346. I think that is the latest I have ever done that. I could of made it longer but I faith bought a GE to move it along. I decided to just war up with the Huns now instead of waiting for nukes. Im starting to press into him with RAs and what not. The game is over but I just want to finish it to show that I was never in any danger of losing this game from very early on even though everything was in the tank for me and I made all the wrong moves compared to a more optimal game. I still have no NE, EIC, IW, or any Factories LOL. I did put up labs in all cities I decided to take 5 yr plan over science factories since I have no factories. I guess Ill get 6 deep into order eventually. :) I did take out Venice and the Huns crushed Ethiopia so now it is basically down to him and I.

Update turn 372

Spoiler :
I wanted to post this pic showing how funny the AI is on Imm. The Huns have over 20 Battleships on 2 fronts but no units to capture with! in the last 30 turns or so I liberated Persia just because, also I had a happy issue for a min. It will take longer but after I get Ethiopias Cap Ill turn back and take down Persia and that will be Domination win around turn 400 or so. I don't think I need to finish this game but since I went this far I might as well.

Edit 11 Turns Later: Turn 383

Spoiler :
Ok so I used some Nukes, Bombers, Partroopers and Rock Arts to take out Ethiopia's Cap and Persia's Cap on the same turn for a Domination Victory on turn 383. So basically like I said I never had any real trouble even though I was very far behind in spt for the 1st 250 turns or so. The Inca gave the best fight for the whole game but like I said before I really did not see any way of losing after I took Askia and Assyrias Caps. I really have never had an Imm game where I thought I had the slightest chance of losing. Yes I've had games where I won in the nick of time but that is because I was playing to win like that. I've had a few Deity games where I lost by 1 turn because I was letting the AI catch up and that is pretty funny when it happens! Anyway thanks for the game and all the comments on your games good and bad! Oh I did make it 6 deep into order so thats nice.

Attachments

• hubble t 346.jpg
    hubble t 346.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20battleships.jpg
    20battleships.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 383 Domination.jpg
    383 Domination.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 132
WEll, I won it by domination victory by using Gs's and buy 2 GS's to get to stealth.

Darius bomb me about 10 times, all my mayor cities + front line cities, wiping out my conventional army and kill may be 15 stealth this way all together, but at the end 20 city production stealth + paratroopers did it.

Spoiler :

WEll, I won it by domination victory by using Gs's and buy 2 GS's to get to stealth.

Darius bomb me about 10 times, all my mayor cities + front line cities, wiping out my conventional army and kill may be 15 stealth this way all together, but at the end 20 city production stealth + paratroopers did it.

Spoiler :

Good game! :goodjob:

Spoiler :

:D gj.

Spoiler :
Well, I've just been derp-dee-dooing in this game. No focus, other than going pretty deep into Order, then just grabbing Patronage and Exploration openers for mild benefits. Wonder whoring pretty hard. Sort of going for all Victories but not focusing on anything. I made myself act like a CV even though I had no Aesthetics policies - forced myself to build Hotels and Airports if I had a Landmark near a city, and even some Broadcast Towers. Only building SS in two cities, zzzzz.

I built the Pentagon and upgraded all my units - almost doubled my Mil strength. I have been 10 techs ahead forever. I finally got bored, and decided I didn't like Pacal's attitude. So I am capturing cities and selling crap ones to Heile. Heile was down to his cap, and is at war with Pacal and Attila, I just bribed Attila to DOW Assyria and Venice for super cheap. I might keep sniping Pacal's cities and get ready to wipe out Attila's navy if he sails for Venice. He does have a few subs..., with Frigates LOL. His cap should fall easy, and then I guess I have to slog to take Persia's cap??? Or does it count as off the list since he has it?

One thing was funny - Venice had a DOF with both me and Pacal. We all had different Ideologies (I got Order passed in WC), and after I DOW'd Pacal Venice denounced him, even though I was the aggressor.

Attachments

• Koolaid_Heads_Pacal.jpg
    Koolaid_Heads_Pacal.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 393
Top Bottom