The MapView Project - Editor/Viewer

My personal opinion on the change the player thing is that its not too important, as you can do it with the exact same ease in notepad. but then again it is nice to have it all in one

im guessing in the upcoming version there will be bonus resource capability (as in being able to place resources youve added to the game)?

and im just expressing my hope (and hoping youll hint) that the program will be out with time to spare in this summer?

thanks and good work, i like the screenshot i just saw

Yes, right, the Player functionality is something that doesn't take too much of my focus. It's aligned somewhere after the placement of actual map stuff, since that's what'S really time consuming.

And right, the upcoming version will allow you to place individual stuff quite easily.

About the release date, i'm trying to hurry, i hope i can accomplish a first release within the next 2 weeks.

Awww =[ just got an error when trying to load a gargantuous map:

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00428BE7 in Modul 'Mapview.exe'. Schreiben von Adresse 00000001.

it is a normal, unconverted civ4vanilla save (ie i didnt change it to bts yet which i will eventually)

map size in question is 400x300, which ive been working on in civ4editor until now because of the tracing tool (drawing a map that large is a pain)

Ultimately, what does the error mean (some sort of access violation). Does your program perhaps have a limit to the size it supports (and could that be increased for the next release?)?

thanks

Well, I've been able to openit with civ4editor and with the game itself. So surely it must be a program limit rather than a performance/map being to big to exist issue? =)

could that at all be worked into a new version?

kevinman4404:
jupp, program limit ;D i know.....the current version is so stupid ... will all be gone once i find time to get the new version out.

GarretSidzaka:
i got so damn busy at work all of a sudden so i needed to give mapview a break. I'll have the september off (most of it) so i can continue .... i'm sorry ;/

lol yes, dont sweat it. Thats a lot of stuff going into the new version, on top of your regular workload

thanks again

it works with everything:

it will load any valid save file from all 3 releases and their respective patches

it only saves as vanilla but just change the extension

I got save game from 3.02, I can't load it, because:
The MapView doesn't even find my Civ4 BTS instalation and I can only open 1 type of file *.Civ4WorldBuilderSave

I got registry for BTS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
so I don't know where is the problem. Log shows:
Civilization 4 installion was found at D:\Games\Civilization 4
All (107) textures have successfully been loaded.

Just drag and drop the map onto mapview.exe or a link to it.

Or rightclick on the map and choose open with and select mapview.

Or just open mapview, press open, go to the folder and type in the name of the file ;)

Since it stays in the folder you want usually, this can take about a second

Just drag and drop the map onto mapview.exe or a link to it.

Or rightclick on the map and choose open with and select mapview.

thx, it loading fine but i can't save it. i can save to vanilla worldbuilder save, if i change extension later to bts will it works fine?

hey,
mapview isn't that complicated, the actual install of civ isn't really necessary atm and just used to find the "translations" for the stuff that can be placed.

It also doesn't care if it'S a wb wbt savefile, all it cares about is the file structure.

Last saturday i played some warlords all night and noticed it's so much the same as normal civ that the scenarios don't really make any differenence.

I guess bts isn't much different.

I'm on a month break from saturday, you can expect some updates on the development process soon.

thx, it loading fine but i can't save it. i can save to vanilla worldbuilder save, if i change extension later to bts will it works fine?

Sure. The maps are interchangeable between the versions. Just rename the extension to the one you like.
Civ4: *.Civ4WorldBuilderSave
WL: *.CivWarlordsWBSave
BtS: *.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

Hey, any updates? I fear you are now about to get busy again

If the project has [realistically] more or less died [ie you can't possible even vaguely imagine or predict a release], or this happens in the future, just please make sure to release something or the source first.

Just throwing that out there cuz often life happens and projects sporatically disappear.

Also, I have a suggestion that I'll write up in the next post, but since its not neccessary for most people if you accept it please save it till after your next release. [I fear its gonna be hard to describe]

Looking forward to hearing from you

Top Bottom